Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Left-Wing Media Is Ruining My High School
A bunch of kids from my high school were at the Right to Life March in Washington, DC, and were waiting on their busses when a Native American elder came up to them and started beating his drum in one kid's face. The left-wing media (and population in general) took 30 second clips from a much longer incident and made it look like the kids were harassing Native Americans just because they were wearing MAGA hats:

Quote:A Catholic diocese outside Cincinnati is investigating the actions of some of its high school students during the Indigenous Peoples March in Washington on Friday.

Some students wearing Make America Great Again hats and clothing appeared to surround and may have taunted a Native American troupe as it performed the "American Indian Movement" song about strength and courage. It's not clear which of those young people surrounding the Native Americans are students of Covington Catholic High School in Covington, Kentucky. There appears to have been jeering by another group of people preceding the incident recorded on video.

But the Diocese of Covington criticized any students who participated in the action, which broke out as a group from the school was in Washington for the March for Life, an anti-abortion event.

Its statement, forwarded by Laura Keener, a spokeswoman for diocese, singled out Nathan Phillips, a Vietnam War veteran and Omaha tribal elder. In social media videos of the incident Phillips can be seen singing as a male taunts him smilingly and gets close to his face.

There's more in that link, but it caused my high school to receive so much hate mail, Twitter hate, phone calls, death threats, bomb threats, etc., that they had to shut-down all of their social media sites. The media portrayed the kids to be racist and posted false information, like they were just hating on minorities and were a bunch of bigots.

However, then the truth started to come out and showed that the Native American man came up to the students while they were waiting for their bus to leave and started banging his drum in the kid's face. My school's students were doing nothing but standing there and doing school spirit cheers. Another Native American even starts to harass a student, but the student that was getting the drum banged in his face told him to just let it go, even though they were doing nothing wrong:

Quote:The mainstream media is suggesting that the boys mobbed around the man, chanted "build the wall" and harassed the man known as Nathan Phillips, who is allegedly a Vietnam war veteran.

The real story is that liberal mainstream media hates Donald Trump and since the boys were wearing MAGA hats, the mainstream and the liberals went after the boys. However, several videos have been released and the videos prove the mainstream liberal media completely wrong.

News stories said the boys mobbed the man and wouldn't allow him to pass. That's false. The man approached the boys and did not make an attempt to leave. Even when the boys stopped paying attention to him, he stayed there shouting into the sky.

News stories said the boys harassed the man and chanted "build the wall." They did not. The boys were clapping, laughing, and even trying to sing along with the man. The only chant heard was their school chant and at the end of one video, the boys are walking/running to their bus that has arrived and screaming "let's go home."

People are now reporting that the school is investigating the one boy who stood still and said nothing, something that Catholic schools teach students about standing in line.

People are now doxxing the students and reporting them to the school.

People are horrible for doing this and most of them have not even watched the multitude of videos that completely contradict the mainstream media news stories on this.

What do the videos show?

- The NA man and his friends approach the boys.

- The NA man plays the drums very close to a boy's face. The boy standing there gave no response whatsoever, but he looks like Satan because he's wearing a Trump hat. No hat = no one talks about this at all.

- The teens laugh, clap, and sing along (poorly) while being not really sure what else to do.

- One of the Native American men told a teenager that "white people" should go "back to Europe."

- The teens eventually walk away and begin watching another group who is preaching about Donald Trump being a homosexual and reading from the Bible. At one point, this group of black men also scream out the word FAGGOTS.

- Once the bus transportation arrives, the boys leave and chant once or twice, "let's go home!"

To make things worse, the Native American man, Nathan Phillips, then went on record to suggest the complete opposite of what happened, acting like he was harassed. The mainstream media from the liberal side ate it up once they saw the MAGA hats.

Here's the truth.

The boys did nothing wrong except for two boys who did a tomahawk chop, but the majority of boys were just standing around watching and going with the flow.

Nathan Phillips is a hack. He can go screw himself for lying on record about what happened. I will not stand up for him until I see video proof that the boys were chanting "build the wall." There were at least a dozen people recording this entire incident and not one of them has a "build the wall" chant on record? Are you serious? Even the liberals were recording, but they don't have any evidence of this happening either.

The mainstream media screwed this up so bad, just to get clicks and piss people off with fake manufactured outrage and they should be ashamed of themselves for failing the American people so badly.

Why isn't anyone talking about the black Israelites making homophobic comments to kids?

The people doxxing kids are making a huge mistake. You would think this was a kid who skinned a cat, but it's not. It's a group of kids wearing silly MAGA hats and the liberals are so mad about it that they are reporting it to the school and basically calling for their blood, but they won't dare criticize the black fellows who were openly insulting the LGBT crowd.

This entire story would not exist if the students were not wearing the red Trump MAGA hats. No hats = no story.

If the kids were wearing sports hats, then no one would even be talking about this.

As soon as the liberal media outlets saw the hats, they went right after the kids and turned it into a fake news racist story complete with lies and left wing agenda narrative.

The kid and his family are receiving death threats and news stations are running wild with the story and calling the kid and the school racist and every other name in the book.

Most new sites and TV stations are running wild with this story and posting false information that can ruin this kid's life and ruin my school's reputation, so let's just hope that the truth becomes more widely known. Most media outlets don't care about the truth, though, because the truth very rarely is what gets the most clicks and makes them the most money.
This will go well.
seems quite personal.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I've seen the long video of this. 

Where were the parents and chaperones?  Someone should have taken the smiling boy and walked him away, perhaps moved the group away.

I blame the parents.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-21-2019, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've seen the long video of this. 

Where were the parents and chaperones?  Someone should have taken the smiling boy and walked him away, perhaps moved the group away.

I blame the parents.

Smiling boy?  He was just smiling because he didn't know what else to do!

And you're resorting to that as the reason that everyone is angry?  That just proves that you're hating just to hate and have no real reason to criticize!

What do you think they did wrong?!
(01-21-2019, 11:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Smiling boy?  He was just smiling because he didn't know what else to do!

And you're resorting to that as the reason that everyone is angry?  That just proves that you're hating just to hate and have no real reason to criticize!

what part of his reply did you glean the 'hate' from?   
(01-21-2019, 11:40 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Smiling boy?  He was just smiling because he didn't know what else to do!

The boy released a statement that said he was smiling to show the man he wasn't a threat to him.

He needed to walk away.  Or better yet an adult needed to walk him away.

The man in the video did walk up to them because he said (and the group of boys also say) there was some "trouble" between the boys and a third party and the guy wanted to get between them to calm it down.  In return he got the kid smiling at him (creepily unfortunately) while a bunch of teenage boys acted like teenage boys making like fools.

It's up to adults to handle these things so that the story doesn't get out of hand.

The only adult responses so far has been for the school and the dioceses to say they are "looking into it" and to make all of their social media private and one parent who said it was a "black muslim" that started all the trouble.

I was a teenage boy at a Catholic school.  They aren't any different than any other teenage boy.  The difference comes from parenting.  

I've gone to the March for Life (long story about how we didn't get to march) and I've been on trips with a bunch of teenagers who don't have enough adult supervision...both as a teen and as an adult.

I'm not surprised there is video of them acting like fools, I'm not surprised that smiling boy is covering by saying he was just trying to be friendly.  Only they know what is really in their hearts...but something about the responses makes me think it's not all rosary beads and "god bless".
More bias from the media. What else is new? I feel sorry for the kids. A trip to our capitol turns into this circus. Shameful conduct by those supposed protesters.
(01-21-2019, 11:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've seen the long video of this. 

I blame the parents.

Why should someone have forced the "smiling boy" to surrender his right of peaceful assembly?

He was simply standing there and dude playing the drum gets in his face and he does nothing more than stand there and smile.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Apparently a huge misunderstanding that was aggravated by the boy having a smug smile and refusing to let the native American pass.

The kid really didn't do much wrong, all he needed to do was step aside and let the guy pass. I think he just mistook the native American for one of the African Americans that had been acting like ass holes.

As Dino said, it was a tense situation and the parents should have stepped in. But that is what happens when adults try to use unsupervised children to protest for them.
(01-21-2019, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Apparently a huge misunderstanding that was aggravated by the boy having a smug smile and refusing to let the native American pass.

The kid really didn't do much wrong, all he needed to do was step aside and let the guy pass.  I think he just mistook the native American for one of the African Americans that had been acting like ass holes.

As Dino said, it was a tense situation and the parents should have stepped in.  But that is what happens when adults try to use unsupervised children to protest for them.

I must have missed that part in the video.

I saw no attempt from the drummer to try to bypass the youth. I simply saw the youth standing in place.

What were the youths protesting? 

(01-21-2019, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why should someone have forced the "smiling boy" to surrender his right of peaceful assembly?

Stepping aside to let the Native American pass would in no way be a "surrender of his rights".  

The question is why create a conflict when there is no need?  If he had no problem with the native American then why not just step aside and let him pass?  What point was the boy trying to make?  With that smug smile he comes off looking like an asshole refusing to move for no reason other than to create a conflict.
(01-21-2019, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote:

Why should someone have forced the "smiling boy" to surrender his right of peaceful assembly?

He was simply standing there and dude playing the drum gets in his face and he does nothing more than stand there and smile.

The "dude" didn't "get in his face"...that's as false as saying the boys walked up and surrounded the "dude".

Why should he have moved?  Because an adult would have seen that he looked disrespectful even if he wasn't and in today's day and social media age that is enough to start a huge disagreement.  (Like if there was one photo of a Democratic officials standing on beach kinda looking at a girl's chest.)

Instead it seems the adults were recording it on their phones with no idea why it might look bad for them.

Like I said, the "dude" walked over to get between the teens and and another group...according to the "dude" and the boys.  It looks bad because the kid (smiling boy) just stares and appears to be smirking.  It goes on too long for a chaperone to not have stepped in.

But once again they are a group of teen boys...I'm not surprised they acted a little immature as it was all going on.  That's not to blame them for doing anything wrong.  It's just an unfortunate situation where both sides will rush to tell their narrative to rile up someone.
(01-21-2019, 11:46 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: what part of his reply did you glean the 'hate' from?   
I'm sorry.  Criticize is a better word.  The hate is coming from most other people.
(01-21-2019, 11:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: A
The boy released a statement that said he was smiling to show the man he wasn't a threat to him.

He needed to walk away.  Or better yet an adult needed to walk him away.

B
The man in the video did walk up to them because he said (and the group of boys also say) there was some "trouble" between the boys and a third party and the guy wanted to get between them to calm it down.  In return he got the kid smiling at him (creepily unfortunately) while a bunch of teenage boys acted like teenage boys making like fools.

C
It's up to adults to handle these things so that the story doesn't get out of hand.

D
The only adult responses so far has been for the school and the dioceses to say they are "looking into it" and to make all of their social media private and one parent who said it was a "black muslim" that started all the trouble.

E
I was a teenage boy at a Catholic school.  They aren't any different than any other teenage boy.  The difference comes from parenting.  

F
I've gone to the March for Life (long story about how we didn't get to march) and I've been on trips with a bunch of teenagers who don't have enough adult supervision...both as a teen and as an adult.

G
I'm not surprised there is video of them acting like fools, I'm not surprised that smiling boy is covering by saying he was just trying to be friendly.  Only they know what is really in their hearts...but something about the responses makes me think it's not all rosary beads and "god bless".
You're so full of shit and you have no idea what you're talking about!  You're just making things up!

(A)
He never says he was smiling to show that the man wasn't a threat and never even mentions that he was smiling (much-less why).

He was remaining motionless and calm to try and diffuse the situation, which you can read here, since you obviously didn't before, or you're blatantly lying.

[url=https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1087137470670663680/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1087137470670663680&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.wcpo.com%2Fnews%2Flocal-news%2Fcovington-catholic-student-from-viral-video-releases-statement][/url](B)
 A group of black men were yelling at the students from my high school and making racist comments and calling them racist names.  If you watch the video, the kids pretty much laughed it off and handled it very well.  The guy walked up and started beating his drum in the kid's face, which that kid wasn't even involved with the people yelling, so how was he trying to calm it down?  If you watch, another Native American starts yelling at another student, which that student also handles it calmly.

C
They were all waiting on the bus and backed up against the stairs with crowds behind them and really nowhere to go.  I'd say the kids handled it pretty well.  Also, isn't the Native American an adult?  So you're blaming the adults for not intervening when they didn't even need to, but not the adult for not acting like an adult?  Only a Steelers fan............

D
So you're mad at them for trying to gather the facts instead of jumping to conclusions like the rest of the world?  Makes sense, but, like I said, Steelers fans....................

E
Seems like they raised some great boys here  ThumbsUp

F
Why'd they need adult supervision?  They were standing there doing school chants and were approached!

G
Acting like fools?!  You're as bad as the left-wing media just tossing out bullshit which they're all being called out on now!  How were they acting like fools?!

(01-21-2019, 12:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote:

EXACTLY!

People make up the stupidest reasons to hate!
(01-21-2019, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stepping aside to let the Native American pass would in no way be a "surrender of his rights".  

The question is why create a conflict when there is no need?  If he had no problem with the native American then why not just step aside and let him pass?  What point was the boy trying to make?  With that smug smile he comes off looking like an asshole refusing to move for no reason other than to create a conflict.

The Native American walked up to the boy!  He wasn't trying to pass!  Please at least look at undisputed facts before you make things up!
(01-21-2019, 12:36 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Apparently a huge misunderstanding that was aggravated by the boy having a smug smile and refusing to let the native American pass.

The kid really didn't do much wrong, all he needed to do was step aside and let the guy pass.  I think he just mistook the native American for one of the African Americans that had been acting like ass holes.

As Dino said, it was a tense situation and the parents should have stepped in.  But that is what happens when adults try to use unsupervised children to protest for them.

FALSE!!!!!!!!!!

He wasn't trying to pass!  

Where did you read/see/hear that?  Or did you make it up to fit your agenda?!
(01-21-2019, 12:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stepping aside to let the Native American pass would in no way be a "surrender of his rights".  

How the hell did the boy create the conflict? He was standing still, the drummer approached him. 

Who knew the NA didn't have the ability of lateral movement. 

(01-21-2019, 12:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What were the youths protesting? 

According to the hats, America.

Mellow

Seriously, though, I do wonder -- as you mentioned in a different thread -- where the parents were at. I watched all two hours of the long video (skipping a minute here and there) and im not really sure what adult thought it would be a good idea to dress kids up in maga hats and direct them into the path of racial/religious extremists.

I'm glad the Indian was there, because there parents were apparently too busy doing something else off camera 
It's cute how the usual suspects are trying to compare this to youth fighting in a Mall parking lot as to parental responsibility.

I've heard things such as : where were the parents....the parents were filming the event.

The child in the video does absolutely nothing wrong, what should a parent have done if standing right beside the boy?

Are folks suggesting the NA was a threat and the boy was in possible danger? Seems pretty racist.

(01-21-2019, 01:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It's cute how the usual suspects are trying to compare this to youth fighting in a Mall parking lot as to parental responsibility.

I've heard things such as : where were the parents....the parents were filming the event.

The child in the video does absolutely nothing wrong, what should a parent have done if standing right beside the boy?

Are folks suggesting the NA was a threat and the boy was in possible danger? Seems pretty racist.

Yeah, if the parents were there, then they're also called racist for harassing the NA and it's even worse!

They wanted to the kids to walk away?

Walk away to where?!  They were waiting on their bus and minding their own business, but, yes, it's a good idea to have a bunch of high school kids walk off and separate!