Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leftists reckoning over Bill Clintons sex assault allegations
(11-17-2017, 12:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not sore.  Just explaining the response to a 30 year old story.

And I I avoided any personal attacks and name calling.   Smirk

Well, I would think bringing up all of the Bill Clinton stuff would be absolutely appropriate, especially with these allegations on Al Franken.  I mean, a lot of those same politicians that were quick to excuse Bill for his transgressions are still in office.  I wonder if they will have the same opinion, in this day and age?

Btw, how very nice of you to conform to the CoC.  We really appreciate that! ThumbsUp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-17-2017, 12:35 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Well, I would think bringing up all of the Bill Clinton stuff would be absolutely appropriate, especially with these allegations on Al Franken.  I mean, a lot of those same politicians that were quick to excuse Bill for his transgressions are still in office.  I wonder if they will have the same opinion, in this day and age?

Btw, how very nice of you to conform to the CoC.  We really appreciate that! ThumbsUp

Then it's also appropriate to mention the current POTUS with over a dozen allegations that he not only denies but calls them liars and say they were too ugly for him to hit on.

And I'm a good boy.   Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-17-2017, 12:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: Then it's also appropriate to mention the current POTUS with over a dozen allegations that he not only denies but calls them liars and say they were too ugly for him to hit on.

I believe the Pres', he's a great guy with strong morals, good for the Country.  Heck, if I were still in a mind to have another son, I might name him DJ.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(11-17-2017, 12:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I believe the Pres', he's a great guy with strong morals, good for the Country.  Heck, if I were still in a mind to have another son, I might name him DJ.

Cool
(11-17-2017, 12:40 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I believe the Pres', he's a great guy with strong morals, good for the Country.  Heck, if I were still in a mind to have another son, I might name him DJ.

Strong morals, multiple rape accusations, multiple wives, dozens of failed businesses, extremely litigious against the little guy... adds up I guess.

You're son would say you were an edm fan before telling his schoolmates the real story.
(11-17-2017, 12:49 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Strong morals, multiple rape accusations, multiple wives, dozens of failed businesses, extremely litigious against the little guy...  adds up I guess.  

You're son would say you were an edm fan before telling his schoolmates the real story.

Trump has also not said a single syllable about Moore.  But then he's just an opportunist and a grifter so I didn't expect he would.
(11-17-2017, 12:49 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Strong morals, multiple rape accusations, multiple wives, dozens of failed businesses, extremely litigious against the little guy...  adds up I guess.  

Yes, he's a good man.  Heck, he doesn't even drink alcohol.

Those "accusers" are all liars, attempting to cash in on him.

Meh, can't blame him for trying different avenues to revenue.  Some work out, some don't.  I consider him dynamic for trying things.

Well, if the contractors would have lived up to their word and gotten the jobs done on time, he wouldn't have had to take them to court.

Nah, if it didn't work out?  I'd just tell him he was named after my buddy at work, also named DJ.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
LOL

Did you hear, Trump just — CLINTON HAD SEX WITH WOMEN HE WASN'T MARRIED TO!
Man, that tax bill is really — CLINTON. THREE DECADES AGO. ASKED FOR BLOW JOBS!
You think there's really anything to — CLINTON! HE'S OUT THERE, HAVING SEX!
Yeah? He's like 70? He's still — Well... no, the allegations are all like 30 years ago, but...
Oh, ok. They should've impeached him or something. Anyway, did you hear about — CLINTON! CLINTON! CLINTON!
(11-17-2017, 12:20 AM)GMDino Wrote: Eh, if Vlad can bring up Clinton from 30 years ago we can at least talk about the current POTUS too.

And if Larry can say "liberals" fall back on the current POTUS (who has a dozen plus accusers) I can make the point that at least it's current events.

But thanks.

How about a point blank question that you won't answer, do you believe the women who accused Bill Clinton of rape?

(11-17-2017, 12:27 AM)GMDino Wrote: Not sore.  Just explaining the response to a 30 year old story.

And I I avoided any personal attacks and name calling.   Smirk

How about a point blank question that you won't answer, do you believe the women who accused Bill Clinton of rape?

(11-17-2017, 12:31 AM)GMDino Wrote: Maybe he LIKES gifs.   Rant

(11-17-2017, 12:33 AM)GMDino Wrote: I've used the nickname Larry since you joined the boards.  Larry Fine.

I don't think that's "name calling".   Rock On

(11-17-2017, 12:36 AM)GMDino Wrote: Then it's also appropriate to mention the current POTUS with over a dozen allegations that he not only denies but calls them liars and say they were too ugly for him to hit on.

(11-17-2017, 12:42 AM)GMDino Wrote: Cool

(11-17-2017, 12:51 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump has also not said a single syllable about Moore.  But then he's just an opportunist and a grifter so I didn't expect he would.

(11-17-2017, 01:04 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, he's a good man.  Heck, he doesn't even drink alcohol.

Those "accusers" are all liars, attempting to cash in on him.

Meh, can't blame him for trying different avenues to revenue.  Some work out, some don't.  I consider him dynamic for trying things.

Well, if the contractors would have lived up to their word and gotten the jobs done on time, he wouldn't have had to take them to court.

Nah, if it didn't work out?  I'd just tell him he was named after my buddy at work, also named DJ.

Lots of terrible never had a sip of alcohol. Warren Jeffs comes to mind.

Dude can't be trusted if for any other reason than he's anti-intellectual. I guess I just like leaders who are smarter than I.

You'd owe your buddy a six pack to keep his mouth shut.
(11-17-2017, 03:41 AM)Vas Deferens Wrote: Lots of terrible never had a sip of alcohol.  Warren Jeffs comes to mind.

Dude can't be trusted if for any other reason than he's anti-intellectual.   I guess I just like leaders who are smarter than I.

You'd owe your buddy a six pack to keep his mouth shut.

Like the people I used to see in church EVERY week...who couldn't haven't been worse people the other 167 hours of the week.
(11-17-2017, 01:33 AM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Yeah? He's like 70? He's still — Well... no, the allegations are all like 30 years ago, but...
Oh, ok. They should've impeached him or something. Anyway, did you hear about — CLINTON! CLINTON! CLINTON!

No doubt folks try to deflect everything in here by pointing to CLINTON
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-17-2017, 10:27 AM)bfine32 Wrote: No doubt folks try to deflect everything in here by pointing to CLINTON

It's the entire point of this very thread.

Some people try to point out Trump when a Democrat does something too.  Of course the Trump stuff is currently going on and not 30 years ago.

But if this is a "both sides do it" statement it could be placed in a better thread.
This has been going around a lot in the right wing media, but there is a problem with this "hypocrisy". A large chunk of those liberals that are taking the hard stance now weren't involved back during the Clinton presidency. Take myself. At 32, I am in the older Millennial group, which is a larger chunk than the Gen Xers before us. I hit high school in 2000, and started getting political later than that. Honestly, I still don't know much about the Clinton allegations. I know the names Lewinsky and Starr, but beyond that what went on didn't find its way into popular culture enough for me to know about it. Since Bill is no longer running for office and I consider him to be a problem for Democrats for a number of reasons, I just never bothered reading much more on it.

Anyway, that is what is going on with the liberal base. For the elected officials that were there, honestly, again, I don't know too much about it. If they personally weren't engaged in sexual misconduct, then I can only hope their attitudes towards how this topic should be handled have changed over the years. If not, they need to get replaced.
(11-16-2017, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: meh, I was referring more to the first response in this thread. Trump

I have to say that it's a damn shame that you can't mention a serial-rapist US president without people thinking about more than one.

(11-17-2017, 10:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This has been going around a lot in the right wing media, but there is a problem with this "hypocrisy". A large chunk of those liberals that are taking the hard stance now weren't involved back during the Clinton presidency. Take myself. At 32, I am in the older Millennial group, which is a larger chunk than the Gen Xers before us. I hit high school in 2000, and started getting political later than that. Honestly, I still don't know much about the Clinton allegations. I know the names Lewinsky and Starr, but beyond that what went on didn't find its way into popular culture enough for me to know about it. Since Bill is no longer running for office and I consider him to be a problem for Democrats for a number of reasons, I just never bothered reading much more on it.

Anyway, that is what is going on with the liberal base. For the elected officials that were there, honestly, again, I don't know too much about it. If they personally weren't engaged in sexual misconduct, then I can only hope their attitudes towards how this topic should be handled have changed over the years. If not, they need to get replaced.

This, and hey maybe if we make a bigger deal about it this time the country won't elect another guy who is accused of sexual assault by a litany of women to represent us in the highest and most prestigious office (I'm not holding my breath).  We went too easy on Clinton, right?  So what are we supposed to do, just let one president with an R next to his name slip through the net as well in order to even things up?

Sounds good.  Clinton got a pass, so let's just call Trump the right-wing's even-up call and from now on let's agree to crack down on these kinds of guys no matter which side of the political isle they pander do.  Is that a deal?  I'm serious.  Next guy who is accused of being a rapist by 20 women can't be president.  Just make like Hall & Oates and say "I can't go for that.  No can do."
(11-17-2017, 10:30 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: This has been going around a lot in the right wing media, but there is a problem with this "hypocrisy". A large chunk of those liberals that are taking the hard stance now weren't involved back during the Clinton presidency. Take myself. At 32, I am in the older Millennial group, which is a larger chunk than the Gen Xers before us. I hit high school in 2000, and started getting political later than that. Honestly, I still don't know much about the Clinton allegations. I know the names Lewinsky and Starr, but beyond that what went on didn't find its way into popular culture enough for me to know about it. Since Bill is no longer running for office and I consider him to be a problem for Democrats for a number of reasons, I just never bothered reading much more on it.

Anyway, that is what is going on with the liberal base. For the elected officials that were there, honestly, again, I don't know too much about it. If they personally weren't engaged in sexual misconduct, then I can't only hope their attitudes towards how this topic should be handled have changed over the years. If not, they need to get replaced.

Geeze...I didn't know you were still a kid!   Ninja

I'm 48.  I voted for Clinton in 92.  I said he should resign after lying about the affair because it was a distraction to him doing his job.  What should have been a family problem was a national problem.  I also felt like Starr went WAY over and above what he was suppose to be looking for to find that, but that was water under the bridge.  Hillary's response in defense of her husband was bad...but she was defending her husband.  Strip away the politics and you have a woman who wanted to believe her man...and he lied.  

All these years later that it keeps coming up as the go to for any GOP affair/sexual allegation is just sad.

At least the Weiner references are relatively new.  But he isn't running for anything and won't hold office again.  Unlike the guy in NC (or was it SC) who left office over an affair and then ran for the same office a few years later.

I think the more current slant points to Hillary's actions during these allegations. There is evidence of her blaming the accusers and trying to shame them.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-17-2017, 10:43 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I think the more current slant points to Hillary's actions during these allegations. There is evidence of her blaming the accusers and trying to shame them.

So in 2016 we had our choice between someone who sexually assaulted women and someone who attacked and slandered women her husband sexually assaulted.  Damn, this just makes me swell with American pride.
(11-17-2017, 01:33 AM)Benton Wrote: LOL

Well can we be a little honest here Benton (this isn't really directed at you, just a general question), doesn't it seem strange that people want to look at situations like Bill Clinton and say "Eh that was 30 years ago" but then talk about Trump and the things he's said and "done" or been accused of over the last I dunno..... 30 years?

People who defend victims of rape/sexual harrassment seem to or at least I thought had this ongoing idea that "rape/sexual harrassment isn't something that just happened to someone years ago, it's with them for life".

But whenever something like Clinton gets brought up its "Eh that happened in college" or "Eh he's not president anymore" or "Eh, milk was 50 cents back then" so who cares.

But hey, that Trump guy. Let's talk about his multiple marriages and how he treated Ivana, his ex wife that he left over 20 years ago.

Bill Clinton and those other guys aren't president so they can be a little rapey if they want.
(11-17-2017, 10:09 AM)GMDino Wrote: Like the people I used to see in church EVERY week...who couldn't haven't been worse people the other 167 hours of the week.