Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leon Hall ???
Anyone have any updates on him ? I hope he comes back
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
I hope he returns as well, if Nelson leaves, because Leon could potentially be a serviceable safety net addition to his leadership role. If Reggie returns, I'd still like Leon back but it wouldn't be crippling if he left. One of these two, along with the excellent first day of free agency, needs to be re signed.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
I just want hall to retire a Bengal that would feel really weird seeing him on a different team
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
If you want to remember Leon for the great player he was, he should either retire or not come back here. He's slipping. He was really struggling last year at times.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:23 PM)Trademark Wrote: I just want hall to retire a Bengal that would feel really weird seeing him on a different team

Hope he's willing to take a humiliating sort of pay cut.  Otherwise, it will be up to the free agent market to decide his worth.  And, if no other team wants to pay good money for his services, do you really think that a guy that made 9.5M, playing his heart out in a contract year, is really going to give it up 100% every play, for a small fraction of that amount?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If you want to remember Leon for the great player he was, he should either retire or not come back here. He's slipping. He was really struggling last year at times.

he actually played through a bad back and that limited him.. but he also had some crucial plays for the Bengals last year.. if healthy and takes a veterans pay cut.. I would love to see him come back especially if we lose Nelson
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hope he's willing to take a humiliating sort of pay cut.  Otherwise, it will be up to the free agent market to decide his worth.  And, if no other team wants to pay good money for his services, do you really think that a guy that made 9.5M, playing his heart out in a contract year, is really going to give it up 100% every play, for a small fraction of that amount?

when his name is Leon Hall.. the answer is yes
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:30 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: when his name is Leon Hall.. the answer is yes

Yes, it is.  And, we all would love to think that to be absolutely true.  However, the man has battled injuries his entire career, even played through serious pain last season.  I have much respect for the man, both as a human and as a player.  However, it just might be time for Leon Hall to call it a career.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: he actually played through a bad back and that limited him.. but he also had some crucial plays for the Bengals last year.. if healthy and takes a veterans pay cut.. I would love to see him come back especially if we lose Nelson

Bad back. Bad legs.

What's the part about wanting him back? 

I love Hall but he's older and he's barely being held together right now. 
Reply/Quote
Pacman, Dennard, dre Kirk.
Josh shaw and Chris Lewis Harris behind them.

Strong possibility of drafting a 1st round CB because who knows if dre Kirk stays next year and how pacmans body will be in 2017.

Hence, no room for Leon hall.

If someone gets hurt this year and ir's, then hall may get a "Chris crocker" call.
Reply/Quote
If he's ok with getting paid like a 4th corner, then ill be ok with him coming back.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2016, 10:25 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: If you want to remember Leon for the great player he was, he should either retire or not come back here. He's slipping. He was really struggling last year at times.

Yep it's time to move on. His level of play has been visibly diminishing over the last few seasons. He   Was a great CB here for many years but you simply can't continue spending money on someone out of loyalty. In my opinion they are already doing that with Peko, and while I love that big Samoan teddy bear, I feel they should have moved on from him as well.  It's a business and you must treat it as such.

Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 09:11 PM)The Real Deal Wrote:  In my opinion they are already doing that with Peko, and while I love that big Samoan teddy bear, I feel they should have moved on from him as well.  It's a business and you must treat it as such.

Peko had a career high 5 sacks last year despite only playing about half of the snaps.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 10:53 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Peko had a career high 5 sacks last year despite only playing about half of the snaps.

dont say that man! this board loves to shit on peko year after year.  I don't want peko off the team till we win a superbowl.  As far as leon hall goes.  Pay him league minimum and throw him in as a backup CB/S  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Hall has always been one of my favorite Bengals, and he was very underrated by Bengal fans early in his career.

He is still good enough to play in the NFL, but if Dennard is healthy I doubt we re-sign him. If Dennard is not ready then we might try to bring him back on a one year deal.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 10:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Hall has always been one of my favorite Bengals, and he was very underrated by Bengal fans early in his career.

He is still good enough to play in the NFL, but if Dennard is healthy I doubt we re-sign him.  If Dennard is not ready then we might try to bring him back on a one year deal.

I think he could still make the final squad as a backup.  why not get him for as cheap as possible.  I would love to see a ring on that finger as well.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 11:00 PM)Okeana Wrote: I think he could still make the final squad as a backup.  why not get him for as cheap as possible.  I would love to see a ring on that finger as well.

He is still solid playing on the inside.  My only concern would be bumping a younger guy off the roster if we happen to draft a CB this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-10-2016, 11:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: He is still solid playing on the inside.  My only concern would be bumping a younger guy off the roster if we happen to draft a CB this year.

I'd rather have Hall as a backup than Harris. But you make a good point. If we get a chance to draft a good corner, Hall may be taking up a spot.

I'd still like to see him retire a Bengal though. Hall has been one of my favorites over the years.
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:34 AM)Benton Wrote: I'd still like to see him retire a Bengal though. Hall has been one of my favorites over the years.

Same here.  I remember that it took him years to win the favor of Bengal fans.  He ran a blistering 40 at the combine (in the 4.3's) but all people around here remembered was him getting beaten deep once by Ted Ginn in college.  So for a long time, even though Hall was one of the best cover corners in the league, around here a lot of people complained that he was not any good because he was "too slow".

He did not start until about half way through his rookie season, but over the first three years of his career ('07-'09) he was second in the league in passes defended (70), sixth in interceptions (14), and ninth in total tackles by a CB (214).

I used to have a few of the old FootballOutsider yearly statistical compilations, and they always had Hall among the leaders in many of their more advanced stats. 
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 02:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Same here.  I remember that it took him years to win the favor of Bengal fans.  He ran a blistering 40 at the combine (in the 4.3's) but all people around here remembered was him getting beaten deep once by Ted Ginn in college.  So for a long time, even though Hall was one of the best cover corners in the league, around here a lot of people complained that he was not any good because he was "too slow".

He did not start until about half way through his rookie season, but over the first three years of his career ('07-'09) he was second in the league in passes defended (70), sixth in interceptions (14), and ninth in total tackles by a CB (214).

I used to have a few of the old FootballOutsider yearly statistical compilations, and they always had Hall among the leaders in many of their more advanced stats. 

One of the first times I really noticed Hall was when he kept getting owned by Braylon Edwards @ Cleveland in September 2007. It was Hall's 2nd game of his career.

I think that game really opened Hall's eyes and he continued to really improve from then on.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote