Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leon Hall
(08-04-2016, 08:04 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: This is what happens when you sit on the pot.. For what it sounded like we wanted to bring Leon and we hesitated.

Leon said there was an offer from Cincinnati. But he wanted to play and in NY he is going to be penciled in as the starting slot CB. Also, I'm guessing he got offered more money there considering his role would be bigger. My guess is that the bengals played this one just right.

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 03:48 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: If Marvin was talking to Leon right up until he signed with the Giants I have to believe we made him an offer.

Lost a little respect for Leon today. We overpaid him last year and stuck by him after multiple career threatening injuries. He then returns the favor bu signing with another team when we need his help...

In a way, I'm relieved because he signed elsewhere.

And this is due to his own comments.

He stated that his gut told him to take the Giants offer.  In other words, his gut told him he had a better opportunity to get on the field as a Giant.  Simply put, he didn't feel he could beat out the talent we have.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 09:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: In a way, I'm relieved because he signed elsewhere.

He stated that his gut told him to take the Giants offer.  In other words, his gut told him he had a better opportunity to get on the field as a Giant.  Simply put, he didn't feel he could beat out the talent we have.

Then it looks like we can put this topic to sleep.  Leon had some great days as a Bengal, but as we all know, he is made of glass.  Perhaps the team was wise beyond our thoughts, by not signing him back to begin with.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 09:26 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: In a way, I'm relieved because he signed elsewhere.

There was an article somewhere that heavily implied that Mohammad Sanu decided to leave Cincy well before FA. It said he took his nametag off his locker or something.

I remenbered seeing Sanu re-tweet articles saying he was leaving Cincinatti.

This "gut" feeling Leon was talking about could be the funk our playoff loss left.

It's all just specualtion of course, but why leave the team you've speant your entire career with?

Is Hall quoted somewhere saying he did it for more clock?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 09:36 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: There was an article somewhere that heavily implied that Mohammad Sanu decided to leave Cincy well before FA. It said he took his nametag off his locker or something.

I remenbered seeing Sanu re-tweet articles saying he was leaving Cincinatti.

This "gut" feeling Leon was talking about could be the funk our playoff loss left.

It's all just specualtion of course, but why leave the team you've speant your entire career with?

Is Hall quoted somewhere saying he did it for more clock?

So, are you trying to take over as the current title holder of "Negative Vibe Merchant"?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 09:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are you trying to take over as the current title holder of "Negative Vibe Merchant"?

No. Not at all.

Why would a "gut" feeling tell you embrace this kind of change when you don't have to?
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 09:44 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: Why would a "gut" feeling tell you embrace this kind of change when you don't have to?

Because he thought it was the best deal he could get.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 10:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because he thought it was the best deal he could get.

It would depend on the offers.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 10:28 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It would depend on the offers.

Of course it would.  What is your point?

Oh, wait, never mind.  I forgot about how you play.  "Let's just automatically assume the most negative possible scenario even though there is nothing to back it up at all."

Keep trolling Bigzo.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 10:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Of course it would.  What is your point?

Oh, wait, never mind.  I forgot about how you play.  "Let's just automatically assume the most negative possible scenario even though there is nothing to back it up at all."

Keep trolling Bigzo.

I didn't assume shit.

I said it was speculation, and left open the possibility that he could've been offered a better deal (doubt it)

I provided plenty of backup for my theory.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2016, 12:15 PM)The Real Deal Wrote: Love Leon for all he accomplished while here, but this dude must be asking for far too much money, wants something long term, or both. The bengals have said they were interested yet just went out and signed CB Corey Tindal, an I drafted FA they have already released once in the spring. On top of that, he's also visiting the Giants today. Is this Leon being greedy or does he deserve it at this point in his career?

http://www.espn.com/nfl/team/_/name/cin/cincinnati-bengals

"One day after learning first-round pick CB William Jackson III had a torn pectoral, the Bengals signed CB Corey Tindal. He was released just before camp started, and had been originally signed as an undrafted free agent this spring."

I keep supposing that Leon's back is not fully recovered from the surgery he had. That would delay anyone signing him at this point.

Edit: Of course I didn't read everything and I hadn't realized Leon signed with the Giants.

Reply/Quote
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-cant-miss-plays/09000d5d81b91807/Leon-Hall-makes-spectacular-leaping-INT
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2016, 09:41 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, are you trying to take over as the current title holder of "Negative Vibe Merchant"?

It would be stiff competition to hold that title on here. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I thank Leon Hall for all he did for the Bengals. But I also thank the giants for signing him. Hall at this point cannot cover on the outside, making him a slot corner only. Last year he got by with his experience, but the experience could not make up for the physical deterioration he has suffered. By the end of the season, I observed him playing a step behind on a great majority of his snaps. And if you recall, it was Hall who got his ankles broken by brown on the steelers 4th down conversion after Hill's fumble. You are only going to see more of that this season. Again, loved Leon, but he is an older, slower CB with both Achilles repaired and coming off back surgery. The only thing we are missing out on by him going to NY is the experience he could mentor our young CBs with on the sideline. He was not going to be an effective cover option on the field.
Reply/Quote
Now that Hall is Giant it is time to go back to bashing him for his DUI and inability to cover fast receivers because he got burnt by Tedd Ginn once in college.
Reply/Quote
Glad he got signed. He would have been just a depth kind of guy. He has a better chance starting there rather than injury happening here.

I mean, next year is Dennard's 3rd season and possibly Kirkpatrick's last with us. You have to give Dennard reps and get him on the field. Cornerback is a hard transition into the NFL and it takes time.

Plus, there's also Josh Shaw, someone I think A LOT of people are sleeping on.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
I still can't see him being their starting spot CB they drafted Apple awfully high not to play him right now.
Reply/Quote

Pretty good compliment to the guys he has played with here...
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2016, 01:42 PM)Au165 Wrote: I still can't see him being their starting spot CB they drafted Apple awfully high not to play him right now.

They probably want to ease Apple into the starting lineup, like we're prone to do. Hall is only on a one year deal.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote