Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2015 Bengals Bold Predictions
Wink 
(09-07-2015, 12:33 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Answering this time honestly:
I think he needs a 90+ rating and/or postseasn success to cement his job for next season. I don't like the chances of either. I think he will play similarly to past seasons, which will be ok, but far from great. I don't think they cut him after this season, despite the contract. But I do think they, for the first time, will want some legitimate options and legitimate discussion, for the future. And I could see them entertaining some of them in 2016 as the season goes ongame, I think we could a lot of fans remember how special he is.

Consider that several of the "top" Bengal players will likely leave via FA. The Front Office will promote the idea of "needing to rebuild for the future". Thus, Dalton will likely be a Bengal for several years to come. Personally I would like the "rebuilding" to include the QB position and HC position. An opinion. Wink from the cheap seats.
Reply/Quote
A bold 2015 prediction coming from the "Around The NFL Staff" at NFL.com: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000523584/article/bold-predictions-for-the-2015-season

Quote:Andy Dalton throws more TDs than Peyton Manning

I'm no Andy Dalton fan, but I love the talented Bengals offense. With a loaded backfield and A.J. Green, Mohamed Sanu and a healthy Marvin Jones in tow, Cincy's starting quarterback has no more excuses. He'll toss his share of drive-crushing picks, but Dalton is two years removed from a 33-touchdown campaign. This prediction, though, is more about Manning, who is months away from turning 40. Yes, Denver's quarterback is one of the greatest signal-callers in NFL history, but age-old passers tap out quick. Brett Favre's final season saw him throw just 11 touchdowns over 13 starts. Manning's a legend, but this season will mark the end. -- Marc Sessler

And ....

Quote:McCarron makes at least one start before taking over Bengals O in '16

AJ McCarron will make at least one start this season before the Bengals turn over their offense to the young quarterback in 2016. This organization isn't known for bold strokes, but patience is wearing thin with Andy Dalton's penchant for face-planting in big games. Stuck in quarterback purgatory with Dalton, the coaching staff believes McCarron is "fully capable of becoming a starting-quality player," NFL Media's Albert Breer reported in June. McCarron made three impressive throws in the third preseason game that we simply don't see in Dalton's repertoire. Armed with the most loaded offense of his tenure in Cincinnati, Marvin Lewis can turn to McCarron if necessary, knowing that Dalton's six-year, $96 million contract is essentially a year-to-year proposal with an escape clause available next offseason. -- Chris Wesseling
Reply/Quote
Bold predictions:

The Bengals finish the regular season with a 11-7-2 record.

AJ Green averages 83.7 yards per catch and leads the league in receptions.

The Pats trade Tom Brady to the Bengals for AJ McCarron and Cedric Peerman.

Tom Brady leads the Bengals to a 74-3 win over the Bucs in SB 50. Roger Goodell and Brady share an intimate hug during the celebration.

Dalton is traded to the Cardinals for 3 first round picks. The Cardinals trade Palmer to the Raiders for a pair of first round picks. Palmer then demands to be traded. (False) rumors fly that Raiders fans threw trash on Jordan Palmer's lawn, mistaking him for Carson.

Mike Brown apologizes to fans for his smug and unappreciative demeanor through the years. He builds a Bengals HOF near the new practice facility.

Marvin is nice to reporters and doesn't say "going forward", "good things" or "so forth". Not even once.

Berserker becomes a fan of Russell Bodine and the Estonian.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 12:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Here are my bold predictions for the Bengals 2015 season.

The defense will be ranked 7th or better
The defense will get 42 or more sacks
The defense will have over 20 INTs
The offense will be a top 5 unit
A.J. Green will have at least +1600 yards and 14 TDs
Tyler Eifert will have over 1000 yards and 10 TDs
The Bengals offense will have at least 6 people with 400 or more receiving yards
Andy Dalton will throw for over 4400 yards and 35 TDs
Andy Dalton will have 11 or less INTs
Jeremy Hill will have 1600 all purpose yards, and 13 total TDs
Gio Bernard will have 1000 all purpose yards and 8 total TDs
The Bengals only lose 1 division game
The Bengals get a first round bye in the playoffs
The Bengals will go to the Super Bowl

what are your bold predictions?

Bye week bump....

Hill hasn't looked anywhere near the way I thought he would, and I think once Burfict comes back the defense will get bumped up to a top 7 unit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-03-2015, 03:13 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: 9 wins
7 losses

I'm still in the running!!!!! 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
It's just a hoot reading the old "bold" predictions about how Andy would be benched or even traded this season in favor of McCarron . The ONLY WAY McCarron even sniffs the field this season is if gawd forbid Andy goes down with injury or Andy has such a great game and blows some team out 72-0 and McCarron is used for mop up duty just to prevent Andy from accidentally getting injured. Even before the season began I seriously doubted Andy would come off the field simply because he's taken us to the playoffs every season he's been with the club.
My bold prediction: AJ McCarron will someday require surgery to have the clipboard removed from his hand when he retires.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 02:09 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: Bye week bump....

Hill hasn't looked anywhere near the way I thought he would, and I think once Burfict comes back the defense will get bumped up to a top 7 unit.

I'm not nearly as confident about Burfict's return. I hope he does and plays lights out, but I have a nagging suspicion it's not going to pan out the way we're hoping.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 11:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Rex Burkhead has over 50 receptions

Margus Hunt is the club leader in sacks

Tyler Eifert has over 1,000 yards receiving

Strike one....

Strike two....

Base hit!!!
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 03:08 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not nearly as confident about Burfict's return. I hope he does and plays lights out, but I have a nagging suspicion it's not going to pan out the way we're hoping.

I hope that Burfict will be back for the Steelers. I think that he will still help the defense out a lot because he is almost like the QB of the defense. Hs also a very instincive player. I don't think he will be 100% but I think it will be pretty close.

A lot of the reports I have been reading it doesn't seem like he will be back for the Steelers game, but I hope I'm wrong.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 03:08 PM)grampahol Wrote: I'm not nearly as confident about Burfict's return. I hope he does and plays lights out, but I have a nagging suspicion it's not going to pan out the way we're hoping.

Based on what?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2015, 07:06 AM)McC Wrote: Based on what?

The fact that he isn't practicing...

Hopefully, the guy can come back in week 12 or so to get some valuable snaps in this season before fully rehabbing this coming offseason.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Bengals will go 14-2 during the regular season
[Image: Kongmoving.gif] Tiger
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 12:32 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Here are my bold predictions for the Bengals 2015 season.

The defense will be ranked 7th or better - 2nd in the league in PPG
The defense will get 42 or more sacks - 42 sacks... Right on the money
The defense will have over 20 INTs - 21 INTs... Right on the money
The offense will be a top 5 unit - 7th in the league in PPG, most likely would have got it if Dalton played every game
A.J. Green will have at least +1600 yards and 14 TDs - wrong
Tyler Eifert will have over 1000 yards and 10 TDs - Wrong, but got the TDs
The Bengals offense will have at least 6 people with 400 or more receiving yards - Wrong
Andy Dalton will throw for over 4400 yards and 35 TDs - Wrong, but could have happened if he was in the whole year
Andy Dalton will have 11 or less INTs - 7 INTs
Jeremy Hill will have 1600 all purpose yards, and 13 total TDs - lol
Gio Bernard will have 1000 all purpose yards and 8 total TDs - Almost, but needed more TDs
The Bengals only lose 1 division game - Check
The Bengals get a first round bye in the playoffs - Meh, almost
The Bengals will go to the Super Bowl - Dalton will return and I will get my prediction!

what are your bold predictions?

Meh, I didn't do that bad with my predictions... If Dalton was healthy the whole year I would have been a lot closer.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 12:09 PM)GodFather Wrote: The defense rebounds from its very disappointing performance of 2014 and becomes a top 10 defense once again.

Daddy got that but it wasnt much of a stretch as far as predictions go LOL
Reply/Quote
(09-02-2015, 06:23 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Andy Dalton gets hurt, McCarron comes in (to all of the ignorant Bengal's fans excitement), plays horrible, and makes everyone realize why he is a backup quarterback. All of the McCarron fan girls will lock themselves in their room, then proceed to blame Marvin.

I wish your prediction didn't happen
Reply/Quote