Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lesbian sues over ethnicity of donation..
that's right folks, a lady who claims to not be racist, is suing over the ethnicity of the sperm she received from a sperm bank..

http://joeforamerica.com/2015/09/white-lesbian-loses-suit-sperm-bank-accidentally-injected-black-mans-genetic-material/#

You can't make this shit up.  'Merica!!

On another note, had she just used natural selection to pick the donor...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
I'm not sure how she is a racist. If two white women do not feel like they can raise a black kid, then I can see why they're upset. It's one thing if one of your parents is the other race that you are. There's some connect to it. As much as we try to downplay the barriers and strife caused by race, the cultural aspects will forever be there. If I had to adopt, I do not know if I could adopt a child of another race or even a white child from a distinct culture. I do not feel I could raise that child to keep them connected to their culture.

The business also screwed up big time and should be paying up. It seems like a no brainer once she refiles it as the judge suggested.

All that said, why did the author use put quotes around partner?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

This story cannot be true (hard time getting the kid a haircut), but if it is; it is one of the most hypocritical things I have ever read in my life.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

The link had a lot of pop ups, so I didn't read in depth, but...

How is it racist to think you are ill equipped or inadequate to raise a kid of another race? I live in a county that's around 98% white. I personally wouldn't have a problem raising a child of another race, but I wouldn't be able to fully relate to the problems he faced if I raised him here. Not that I live in a bad place. It's got a great quality of life. But diversity — and the challenges it brings — isn't plentiful here. Hell, it was only a couple months ago they finally repealed Prohibition. The Civil Rights movement is at least a few more years away here.
Definitely nothing racist suggested in this case:

Quote:“Getting a young daughter’s hair cut is not particularly stressful for most mothers, but to Jennifer it is not a routine matter, because Payton has hair typical of an African American girl,” the lawsuit said. “To get a decent cut, Jennifer must travel to a black neighborhood, far from where she lives, where she is obviously different in appearance, and not overtly welcome.”

I will say I am surprised that folks are admitting they they would have difficulties rearing a child of color.

(09-14-2015, 11:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Definitely nothing racist suggested in this case:

I will say I am surprised that folks are admitting they they would have difficulties rearing a child of color.

Are you suggesting you wouldn't? You're fully capable of rearing a child facing a different set of circumstances than you yourself faced?

That horse is mighty high.
(09-14-2015, 11:48 PM)Benton Wrote: Are you suggesting you wouldn't? You're fully capable of rearing a child facing a different set of circumstances than you yourself faced?

Well taking them to get a haircut aside; I do not think I would. The child would be part of my culture; after all, half him or her is biologically mine. Not sure how that equates to me being on a high horse.

(09-14-2015, 11:48 PM)Benton Wrote: Are you suggesting you wouldn't? You're fully capable of rearing a child facing a different set of circumstances than you yourself faced?

If I sired a child of a different race, I would raise him/her to the best of my abilities.  However, we're talking about people that played the science role, just to get pregnant.  If that woman would have even selected a partner to donate the sperm, and have it artificially inseminated, she would have received the lily white child that she was hoping for...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
After my stepson is out of the house, I plan on being a foster parent and intend on raising young black men. I'm not worried about my lack of experience with black culture.
I intend on teaching a culture of love, honor, and respect.
That should give ANY young man a great start.
(09-14-2015, 11:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If I sired a child of a different race, I would raise him/her to the best of my abilities.  However, we're talking about people that played the science role, just to get pregnant.  If that woman would have even selected a partner to donate the sperm, and have it artificially inseminated, she would have received the lily white child that she was hoping for...

To donate, or if she hadn't been a lesbian trying to conceive a baby through a donor?

Thousands of people need science to conceive a child. If that's right or wrong, I won't weigh in. Every day I see a half dozen people who shouldn't have bred, but have a litter of unloved children. On the flip side, we probably all know some good people who tried in vain to create a child the natural way.

But I won't vilify a woman because she couldn't conceive a child in the traditional way and, as a result, ended up with a child they were not as prepared to rear. 
(09-15-2015, 12:49 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: After my stepson is out of the house, I plan on being a foster parent and intend on raising young black men. I'm not worried about my lack of experience with black culture.

It's old fashioned and I've had a few drinks after a long day... but... I'd like to point out, the correct term is rearing. You intend to rear young black men.

Mellow

My smart assed comment aside, I think that is outstanding. Any person who provides a positive influence in someone's life deserves to be lauded. 
(09-15-2015, 12:53 AM)Benton Wrote: Every day I see a half dozen people who shouldn't have bred, but have a litter of unloved children. 
Benton Wrote:That horse is mighty high.

What he said

(09-15-2015, 12:49 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: After my stepson is out of the house, I plan on being a foster parent and intend on raising young black men. I'm not worried about my lack of experience with black culture.

Are you OK with taking them to the black neighborhoods to get haircuts?

If she was a racist then why didn't she sue when this black "thing" popped out of her instead of now?

Black children have been raised by white parents with positive outcomes, so instead of the all the excuses to dismiss charges of being a racist, people need to come off their high horses of morality and come to the realization that there is a time when it is OK to be "racist".

If you're white, you typically want to adopt a white kid. Gee how awful.

When a hispanic, or black, or white student walks out of a cafeteria serving line, he or she will head toward the table where members of her own race are sitting.
Preference to being around your own kind is being "racist" . 

I agree with one statement in the article that if a hetero couple were involved, a larger stink would have been made out of it by the liberal media. Got to protect and shield gay people and other "disadvantaged" from any form of scrutiny. 

And are you suggesting that because of the inherent difficulties, we should not allow mixed-race adoptions?  You can't have it both ways, people are either capable of raising a child of a different race or they are not.  They are capable of adopting a child or they are not.
(09-14-2015, 11:15 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I'm not sure how she is a racist. If two white women do not feel like they can raise a black kid, then I can see why they're upset. It's one thing if one of your parents is the other race that you are. There's some connect to it. As much as we try to downplay the barriers and strife caused by race, the cultural aspects will forever be there. If I had to adopt, I do not know if I could adopt a child of another race or even a white child from a distinct culture. I do not feel I could raise that child to keep them connected to their culture.

Yeah, I give so many props to a co-worker of mine and his husband. They have two adopted mix race children (the girls looks primarily African American and the boy looks primarily Hispanic) that these two Wonder Bread men have adopted from mothers that were drug abusers and did not want the children. They have a happy little family here in an area where prejudices in the present day are anything but rare. How they do it, no idea.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-15-2015, 09:48 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: Yeah, I give so many props to a co-worker of mine and his husband. They have two adopted mix race children

Why is adopting mixed race child more admirable than adopting a child of the same race?
(09-15-2015, 09:50 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Why is adopting mixed race child more admirable than adopting a child of the same race?

In an area where racial prejudices still run strong, two men already facing issues because of their sexual orientation have two children of a different race than themselves. It's voluntarily taking on even more potential for complications and strife in their lives than they had before. It's admirable to adopt any children because there are so many out there that need homes, but you can't ignore the fact that a mixed race family in rural areas like this where the KKK is still alive and well takes on a whole other level of commitment.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(09-15-2015, 09:50 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: Why is adopting mixed race child more admirable than adopting a child of the same race?

Indeed.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2004/11/mccain200411
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-15-2015, 09:44 AM)JustWinBaby Wrote: And are you suggesting that because of the inherent difficulties, we should not allow mixed-race adoptions?  You can't have it both ways, people are either capable of raising a child of a different race or they are not.  They are capable of adopting a child or they are not.

No. I just don't think it's racist to think you may be ill-equipped or inadequate to raise a kid of another race. Not that everyone is, only that some people might not be able to.

I also think some people aren't bright enough to open a parachute if they're skydiving, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't let people jump out of planes.