Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let’s go Steelers?
Well, we might play the Steelers in the first round rofl
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:18 AM)Earendil Wrote: It's a joke. I would be horrified if that actually happened. I don't wish harm on anyone. I thought that was obvious.

joking about things you wouyld find horrifying if the actualy happened aint very good jokes. 
Reply/Quote
I can’t be happy because Pissburgh won but I’m happy the Ravens lost.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 12:36 AM)bfine32 Wrote: IDK how folks could root for Pittsburgh. We're in, the Ravens are in, regardless what happens, we beat the Ravens next week we get the hats and T-Shirts,

Steelers win, all they need to do is be crappy Cleveland next week, have the Dolphins and Pats lose and they're in the playoffs.

Even if they don't make the playoffs Epps can still have a winning season

Let me give you the help you obviously need: 

1) I am pro-Bengals first and foremost. Anything else is a distant second.

Anything that helps the Bengals, I am gonna root for. I don't root against Pittsburgh if them winning helps us. You seem more interested in being anti-Steeler than pro-Bengal.  

2) This Steelers win helps us.

We only need 1 win to clinch the division instead of 2. Having a home playoff game is big. If we win tomorrow and clinch, the Ravens are locked into #6 (if the Chargers win) or #5 (they win, LAC lose). Either way,,a road game vs KC/Buffalo/us. That last game does not mean much to them. Not much to gain. If Jackson is iffy, would you risk him? Campbell? Or just rest a ton of guys to be healthy for the PO run.  I think the rest route for Baltimore becomes likely IF win win tomorrow. That Ravens game coukd get a LOT easier, which would increase our chances at the #2/#1 seed. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:27 AM)Leon Wrote: joking about things you wouyld find horrifying if the actualy happened aint very good jokes. 

If I've ever met someone in need of a medical marijuana card it's this guy... Lighten up man.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:18 AM)TheFan Wrote: His gushing on that TD was some of the dumbest nonsense I've heard all year. Including 2022. 

Yeah really! Comparing someone who was 15/27 for 165 to Patrick Mahomes is insane.

Props to Pickett for a clutch drive but that was embarrassing!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:28 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Let me give you the help you obviously need: 

1) I am pro-Bengals first and foremost. Anything else is a distant second.

Anything that helps the Bengals, I am gonna root for. I don't root against Pittsburgh if them winning helps us. You seem more interested in being anti-Steeler than pro-Bengal.  

2) This Steelers win helps us.

We only need 1 win to clinch the division instead of 2. Having a home playoff game is big. If we win tomorrow and clinch, the Ravens are locked into #6 (if the Chargers win) or #5 (they win, LAC lose). Either way,,a road game vs KC/Buffalo/us. That last game does not mean much to them. Not much to gain. If Jackson is iffy, would you risk him? Campbell? Or just rest a ton of guys to be healthy for the PO run.  I think the rest route for Baltimore becomes likely IF win win tomorrow. That Ravens game coukd get a LOT easier, which would increase our chances at the #2/#1 seed. 

If we beat the Ravens next week we win the AFCN, so regardless we only needed 1 win to clinch the AFCN. Didn't matter one bit if the Ravens beat the Steelers.

I don't look at "What if we lose scenarios" and I hope the Bengals don't either. 

IF the Steelers winning would have done anything to help the Bengals I would have pulled for them, but it didn't

So you can take your "obvious", shine it up nice and shiny, turn that SOB sideways and...
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:38 AM)bengalfan47 Wrote: Yeah really! Comparing someone who was 15/27 for 165 to Patrick Mahomes is insane.

Props to Pickett for a clutch drive but that was embarrassing!

He used to give Josh Allen so much crap when he would call bills games on Sunday night, and Josh Allen routinely performed better than 15/27 for 165

Pickett’s a steeler, so he gets special treatment
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:40 AM)bfine32 Wrote: If we beat the Ravens next week we win the AFCN, so regardless we only needed 1 win to clinch the AFCN. Didn't matter one bit if the Ravens beat the Steelers.

I don't look at "What if we lose scenarios" and I hope the Bengals don't either. 

IF the Steelers winning would have done anything to help the Bengals I would have pulled for them, but it didn't

So you can take your "obvious", shine it up nice and shiny, turn that SOB sideways and...

But it did help… week 18 could be meaningless for Baltimore, and they rest starters. If we beat the bills, no way balt suites up Lamar Jackson… and then why play anyone?

Gotta take care of business tomorrow, but in no way was the ravens winning tonight going to be beneficial to the bengals.
Reply/Quote
We just need to keep our focus and win. Everything else will fall into place. The only game I really don’t want first round is San Diego, b/c they’re probably playing the best football right now and they just got Bosa back. Although, we’ve had success against them at home in the playoffs, but I’d rather play Jacksonville, New England or Miami first round.

BTW, Shitzburg is finished after next week win or lose against the Clowns b/c Miami will not lose to the Jets.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:51 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: We just need to keep our focus and win. Everything else will fall into place. The only game I really don’t want first round is San Diego, b/c they’re probably playing the best football right now and they just got Bosa back. Although, we’ve had success against them at home in the playoffs, but I’d rather play Jacksonville, New England or Miami first round.

BTW, Shitzburg is finished after next week win or lose against the Clowns b/c Miami will not lose to the Jets.

Jets beat them 40-17 earlier this year. Dolphins are on a 5 game losing streak lol.

Jets match up well with dolphins.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:49 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: But it did help… week 18 could be meaningless for Baltimore, and they rest starters. If we beat the bills, no way balt suites up Lamar Jackson… and then why play anyone?

Gotta take care of business tomorrow, but in no way was the ravens winning tonight going to be beneficial to the bengals.

I guess you guys look at it differently than I. The Ravens will try to beat us next week regardless who's on the field. They could still affect their seeding.

We cannot rest anyone, because if we win tomorrow, we can be playing for the #1 seed and if we lose tomorrow we'll be playing for the AFCN. None of that changes if Balt won tonight. 

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:58 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I guess you guys look at it differently than I. The Ravens will try to beat us next week regardless who's on the field. They could still affect their seeding.

We cannot rest anyone, because if we win tomorrow, we can be playing for the #1 seed and if we lose tomorrow we'll be playing for the AFCN. None of that changes if Balt won tonight. 

I guess we can agree to disagree on this one.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:59 AM)Bengalbug Wrote: I guess we can agree to disagree on this one.

OR, you could just say you're wrong...

I'm joking..shut up

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 01:51 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: BTW, Shitzburg is finished after next week win or lose against the Clowns b/c Miami will not lose to the Jets.

Idk Miami is down to their 3rd string QB now with Teddy’s finger. Unless they try and start Tua, and in that case - shame on them.

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: OR, you could just say you're wrong...

I'm joking..shut up

I’m not.
Reply/Quote
So what let them in, and let’s say they beat JAX. The Squeelers will get smoked by KC, like last year, or we handle them like we should have in September.

I for one took great enjoyment in seeing Ben go down in an embarrassing loss at KC, and then we roll up and beat them in OT.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:26 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: So what let them in, and let’s say they beat JAX. The Squeelers will get smoked by KC, like last year, or we handle them like we should have in September.

I for one took great enjoyment in seeing Ben go down in an embarrassing loss at KC, and then we roll up and beat them in OT.

The Steelers would face bills or bengals in the first round.
7 vs 2
6 vs 3
5 vs 4
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:26 AM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: So what let them in, and let’s say they beat JAX.  The Squeelers will get smoked by KC, like last year, or we handle them like we should have in September.

I would never want to play the stoolers in the playoffs or anytime for that matter. Don’t think for a second they don’t have a plan at ending Burrows career. They cheap shot the Bengals more than any other opponent. 

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2023, 02:46 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: I would never want to play the stoolers in the playoffs or anytime for that matter. Don’t think for a second they don’t have a plan at ending Burrows career. They cheap shot the Bengals more than any other opponent. 

Hang on, I hear someone around here is working on a plan for an asteroid to crush Kenny Pickett.
Reply/Quote