Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let’s pump the brakes on McPherson
We have to pump the breaks on him. He's left us no choice. I don't blame the 57 miss on him, but I thought we had a kicker that could make 49 at the gun. That confidence is shot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(10-10-2021, 08:55 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I do think the red hair played into it, but it was also that he was a 2nd round pick, and was therefore deemed an inferior prospect from jump. Every mistake or bad game after that was used as evidence by the crowd that never liked him in the first place.

The first anti-Dalton thread I remember was after he had a rough game against an elite SF defense in his 3rd week.

But yeah, I was ready to move on from Andy a year before we did. He had a good run for us though.

Some people also were bothered by him and teammates laughing it up on the sideline late in a playoff loss.  Here's a still from the broadcast:

[Image: crop-Heat-Miser-and-Snow-Miser-in-Rankin...-Claus.jpg]
You just knew the hyperbolic threads on him had to come back on us. He is a 5th round kicker. Aside from Tucker, no kicker needs to be so drooled over. A QB, WR...even some defensive players, I can get. The whole rookie kicker love-fest seemed odd to me.
I can see it now...new nickname.

Misspherson

It happens guys, he will be fine. He was making them from 60 on warm ups. Not sure if it was wind but Crosby is usually automatic for the most part and had a bad day.

I did think that game winner for us went in, but guess the wind slightly got it.
(10-10-2021, 09:07 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Some people also were bothered by him and teammates laughing it up on the sideline late in a playoff loss.  Here's a still from the broadcast:

[Image: crop-Heat-Miser-and-Snow-Miser-in-Rankin...-Claus.jpg]

This post is too much!
It’s time we moved on fron Mcphearson....

If we’re willing to outbid Atlanta for Yongwei Koo. Koo has more upside IMO. He’s the most reliable kicker I’ve seen over the last year in a half. And a kicker nicknamed “twisting tiger “ is better than “Mcmoney”
I pumped the brakes last week. They came to a screeching stop yesterday. I'm done with him. They shoulda kept Seibert. He nails the one from 49..
(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need to start looking at kickers again....and no 4 games is not too soon. Part of being a winning team is no tolerance of failure.

He's missed 3 of his last 4 kicks... It's time to start looking...
(10-11-2021, 11:36 PM)Tony Wrote: I pumped the brakes last week. They came to a screeching stop yesterday. I'm done with him. They shoulda kept Seibert. He nails the one from 49..

Whose he kicking for?
(10-10-2021, 06:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: McDoink

McMiss a-lot
(10-10-2021, 06:16 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: What is this thread

I was wondering the same thing. It's like some people forgot that he has already kicked 2 game winners this year and before yesterday had only missed one kick. 2 for 2 from 50+ before yesterday. 

The dude isn't going to make every kick. People need to calm down. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Tiger

That's the best thing that could've happened after success.I still stand by him winning three to four games.He'll be fine and a great kicker.
(10-11-2021, 11:26 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: It’s time we moved on fron Mcphearson....

If we’re willing to outbid Atlanta for Yongwei Koo. Koo has more upside IMO. He’s the most reliable kicker I’ve seen over the last year in a half. And a kicker nicknamed “twisting tiger “ is better than “Mcmoney”

Normally I think it's lame to do what I'm about to do... His name is spelled Younghoe Koo. I can't be the only one that finds that at least a lil humorous.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
(10-10-2021, 07:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m done believing he’s one of the best in the league.

How can he be one of the best in the league when he's played 5 games?? Say What

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(10-10-2021, 07:38 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: last week he missed  a very makeable one that could have put us ahead i believe, came back and made the winner .. Today he totally missed 2 that would of won.. so 1 out of 4 that mattered.. not good so yes we expect better

1 out of 4 that mattered? The two game winners didn't matter?

What the **** are people on today? Holey shit. Get a ***** grip on reality. 

Wow. There's some really dumb takes in this thread, even by JN standards. Some of you are bad and you should feel bad. 

Well thanks to Mcmiss and a shitty colts team that blew a 20 point lead, there goes 1st place...
(10-11-2021, 11:48 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Whose he kicking for?

Lions...
We Bungled the game away against the Pack and the refs gifted the Rats the game with uncalled holds and an obvious fumble called down.
(10-12-2021, 12:21 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: 1 out of 4 that mattered? The two game winners didn't matter?

What the **** are people on today? Holey shit. Get a ***** grip on reality. 

(10-12-2021, 12:24 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Wow. There's some really dumb takes in this thread, even by JN standards. Some of you are bad and you should feel bad. 

Right? I mean, holy shit. I’m upset with McPherson, too, but “done with him?” Or “time to look for a replacement?”

[Image: giphy.gif]

The kid missed the one where he put it literally right above the upright flag because he put too much leg into it. The Colts kicker just missed a 47 yarder to win the game against Baltimore. It was a terrible week for kickers.

Show me a kicker that literally never misses. I’ll wait.