Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let’s pump the brakes on McPherson
Evan celebrating well before the kick sailed left lol (0:30)

(10-10-2021, 06:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Frank has a point on Crosby.

Packers' Mason Crosby had worst game in weird week, almost 2 years to the date. Maybe he hates this weather.
Oct 8, 2018 — His five missed kicks were the most in a game since Cole Ford missed four field goals and an extra point in a 1997 game for the Raiders.

That's a crazy miss percentage for a game 5?. Seriously I've never seen 6 in a game. The kid in the OP is trying to attack McPherson and yes he missed the game Winner. Honestly I know absolutely nothing about kicking other than that 6 misses is a crazy game.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-10-2021, 06:36 PM)Synric Wrote: That's a crazy miss percentage for a game 5?. Seriously I've never seen 6 in a game. The kid in the OP is trying to attack McPherson and yes he missed the game Winner. Honestly I know absolutely nothing about kicking other than that 6 misses is a crazy game.

Lmao I’m just saying he is not elite and shouldn’t be treated as such

Calm down.

Seriously, take a vitamin
(10-10-2021, 06:36 PM)Synric Wrote: That's a crazy miss percentage for a game 5?. Seriously I've never seen 6 in a game. The kid in the OP is trying to attack McPherson and yes he missed the game Winner. Honestly I know absolutely nothing about kicking other than that 6 misses is a crazy game.

According to that crude video on YT, it was titled the record for most missed kicks in a game (the one we just watched).

Chance is probably high with mason playing, lol.

It's going to rise for sure with XPs being so far back, chargers kicker just missed an XP in browns game.

It would be interesting to hear Mason's comment on the field conditions, it is the bengals home field so Evan better get used to it? Lol. Maybe we can ask Drew sample about the turf.
McDoink
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

I think Evan's kick was affected by a little wind, lol he just better get back to practicing. He has the distance.
(10-10-2021, 06:00 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Yea but that only missed game winner for Tucker came in his 7th season

Mcpherson already blowing game winners from under 50

I’m just saying, let’s not crown him as special, yet. He’s middle of the road

And I hope Taylor realizes this as well. Mcpherson isn’t Matt Prater. Not even close.

Come on, stop the foolishness with trying to compare probably the most elite kicker in the history with a rookie.
(10-10-2021, 05:57 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Pretty sure Tucker only has 1 missed game winning field goal from under 50

I think he only has 1 missed game winning field goal ever.

Pretty tall shoes to fill, Tucker is the best Kicker of all time, the KOAT.
(10-10-2021, 06:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty tall shoes to fill, Tucker is the best Kicker of all time, the KOAT.

Did you just make this acronym up
(10-10-2021, 06:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Pretty tall shoes to fill, Tucker is the best Kicker of all time, the KOAT.

How tall are these shoes?  We talking Elton John Pinball Wizard tall?
McPherson is 2 and 2 on walk off kicks this year. Only took one game to turn his 100% batting average down to 50% (unless there’s another game I’m missing where he missed one).

He’s been good. But many are quick to give nicknames around here. Let him earn it.
I don't know what all this hubbub is about...  but I want to throw the nickname "Mr Missy" into the hat.

Maybe have him dress in that one Halloween costume.

[Image: 281974228_26d58e0223_b.jpg]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
(10-10-2021, 06:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I do think Zac leaned too heavily on McPherson today. He ran on 3rd down both times prior to the kicks because, in his mind, he didn't need the first down.

This is what makes Zac a bad coach. McPherson should have made the 49 yarder, but Zac should not have placed all his eggs in that basket. He should have played for the first down and settled for the field goal if he missed the first down. Playing for the field goal is how you lose the game.

Yeah, the play calling was weak. Going super conservative on the outer range with a young kicker is dumb. Especially when the defense you’re facing is bad. The Bengals had plenty of time. The Higgins drop hurt too.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
(10-10-2021, 06:57 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Did you just make this acronym up

Yes I did. Mellow

(10-10-2021, 07:00 PM)Nately120 Wrote: How tall are these shoes?  We talking Elton John Pinball Wizard tall?

Oh no, now I have started something....
We went from ripping a kicker for having a belly before he ever missed a 4th quarter kick, to defending a guy missing clutch kicks. Sometimes people just like or hate a guy based on their own preconceived notions of him, and no evidence will sway that opinion.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(10-10-2021, 07:07 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes I did. Mellow

Oh no, now I have started something....

In all fairness, if Jim Breech is our kicker plumb line we should be saying that McPherson has "one normal shoe and one oddly small shoe" to fill.
I have a better nickname for Mcpherson

Rookie.
(10-10-2021, 07:15 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I have a better nickname for Mcpherson

Rookie.

It's weird seeing that nickname being given to a guy who isn't on his 3rd disappointing year here.
(10-10-2021, 05:55 PM)motoarch Wrote: You're aware tucker has missed field goals right?

31 misses, a little over 3 per year.
(10-10-2021, 06:01 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I do think Zac leaned too heavily on McPherson today. He ran on 3rd down both times prior to the kicks because, in his mind, he didn't need the first down.

This is what makes Zac a bad coach. McPherson should have made the 49 yarder, but Zac should not have placed all his eggs in that basket. He should have played for the first down and settled for the field goal if he missed the first down. Playing for the field goal is how you lose the game.

100% agree.  On top of that, Zac forgos the long FG attempt earlier to go for it on 4th down when we're down 5, then plays for the long FG attempt in two clutch situations.