Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let’s pump the brakes on McPherson
I'm OK with McMiss, but it's not that creative. Also, what if his sister is reading all of our posts?
(10-10-2021, 06:02 PM)motoarch Wrote: I swear Bengals fans are the worst.

Most of the Bengals fans I know in real life are rational and understanding.   So I don't think it is fair to call Bengals fans the worst based on posts here.  There are certainly some people on this forum that are irrational, simpleminded and I think in several cases just plain trolls.   While those people tend to represent themselves fairly heavily here I don't think they are the typical Bengals fan.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
So wait, we are going to turn on the rookie kicker after one bad game? He kicked two game winners earlier this season and now in a game where a long time NFL vet in Crosby missed multiple kicks, suddenly the kid is catching heat?

He is a rookie. He will miss kicks. He will be fine.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

(10-10-2021, 07:32 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Most of the Bengals fans I know in real life are rational and understanding.   So I don't think it is fair to call Bengals fans the worst based on posts here.  There are certainly some people on this forum that are irrational, simpleminded and I think in several cases just plain trolls.   While those people tend to represent themselves fairly heavily here I don't think they are the typical Bengals fan.

That's the thing about the internet. You'd be surprised how people act on here and how they act in real life lol. There are a lot more sarcastic people here than not, and sarcasm is not portrayed well on the interwebs.

It's the people that take this game so seriously - as a fan, and seem to take it personally when anything not positive is mentioned, that you should be worried about lol.
(10-10-2021, 07:35 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: So wait, we are going to turn on the rookie kicker after one bad game? He kicked two game winners earlier this season and now in a game where a long time NFL vet in Crosby missed multiple kicks, suddenly the kid is catching heat?

He is a rookie. He will miss kicks. He will be fine.

I’m done believing he’s one of the best in the league.

He’s just decent until proven otherwise

Which is fine, but we were duped. Fell for the hype
last week he missed a very makeable one that could have put us ahead i believe, came back and made the winner .. Today he totally missed 2 that would of won.. so 1 out of 4 that mattered.. not good so yes we expect better
McPP
(10-10-2021, 07:36 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I’m done believing he’s one of the best in the league.

He’s just decent until proven otherwise

Which is fine, but we were duped. Fell for the hype

Eh, we all knew he would miss kicks here and there. He just had a bad game. 

No one said he was going to be the best in the league as a rookie...
(10-10-2021, 07:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Eh, we all knew he would miss kicks here and there. He just had a bad game. 

No one said he was going to be the best in the league as a rookie...

I thought being a top 10 kicker for 2021 was realistic.

I mean, he still could be.

But he’s not right now. Mcpherson stonks are way down
I'm adjusting his nickname from Sir Kicks-a-Lot to Sir Miss-a-Lot.

He hates big kicks and he can not lie.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(10-10-2021, 07:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: I thought being a top 10 kicker for 2021 was realistic.

I mean, he still could be.

But he’s not right now. Mcpherson stonks are way down

Won us a couple games but I guess that doesn't matter eh Frank?

(10-10-2021, 07:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm adjusting his nickname from Sir Kicks-a-Lot to Sir Miss-a-Lot.

He hates big kicks and he can not lie.

Nice. Hilarious
McTheFieldSucksHerePherson?
McMyAppleWatchDiedSoMyHeartRateWentTooHighPherson?
I’m just chalking this up as mental. It was clearly screwing with both. Don’t recall ever seeing a game like this.
(10-10-2021, 07:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We went from ripping a kicker for having a belly before he ever missed a 4th quarter kick, to defending a guy missing clutch kicks. Sometimes people just like or hate a guy based on their own preconceived notions of him, and no evidence will sway that opinion.

This guy gets it.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
(10-10-2021, 08:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I’m just chalking this up as mental. It was clearly screwing with both. Don’t recall ever seeing a game like this.

Looked windy too, not giving excuses for either Kicker either. That was the most kicks i have seen missed to possibly win a game.
(10-10-2021, 08:15 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I’m just chalking this up as mental. It was clearly screwing with both. Don’t recall ever seeing a game like this.

Evan said something about the field apparently in presser.
(10-10-2021, 08:17 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Looked windy too, not giving excuses for either Kicker either. That was the most kicks i have seen missed to possibly win a game.

It was NFL record for most kicks missed in game (6). 

Mason missed 5 all by himself a couple years ago though.
(10-10-2021, 07:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: We went from ripping a kicker for having a belly before he ever missed a 4th quarter kick, to defending a guy missing clutch kicks. Sometimes people just like or hate a guy based on their own preconceived notions of him, and no evidence will sway that opinion.

I always thought the same of Dalton. I swear some people had extra smoke for him because he was redheaded. I was in the "time to get a replacement" camp, but the hate always had some extra to it. 
(10-10-2021, 08:38 PM)Destro Wrote: I always thought the same of Dalton. I swear some people had extra smoke for him because he was redheaded. I was in the "time to get a replacement" camp, but the hate always had some extra to it. 

I do think the red hair played into it, but it was also that he was a 2nd round pick, and was therefore deemed an inferior prospect from jump. Every mistake or bad game after that was used as evidence by the crowd that never liked him in the first place.

The first anti-Dalton thread I remember was after he had a rough game against an elite SF defense in his 3rd week.

But yeah, I was ready to move on from Andy a year before we did. He had a good run for us though.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
(10-10-2021, 08:38 PM)Destro Wrote: I always thought the same of Dalton. I swear some people had extra smoke for him because he was redheaded. I was in the "time to get a replacement" camp, but the hate always had some extra to it. 

Because gingers have no soul.  True statement.

Bon jour! Ninja