Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Let’s pump the brakes on McPherson
(10-10-2021, 06:08 PM)Synric Wrote: We should be asking why there were 6 or 7 missed kicks. Not why McPherson missed at 49.

Crosby has been known to be streaky. I remember a couple years ago where he was just awful

McPherson is supposed to be this GOD who can hit 49 yard field goals with ease

Our mistake for thinking he was top 10.

I do think he’s top 16 though
We need to start looking at kickers again....and no 4 games is not too soon. Part of being a winning team is no tolerance of failure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I think the lesson learned here after todays game is

A) 4th and 1 in overtime, Zac should've gone for it..

B) McPherson is NOT Tucker and isn't fair to expect him to be of that caliber.

C) And most important of all, Zac needs to call a better game ... we wouldnt be talking bout McPherson if that was the case..
(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Crosby has been known to be streaky. I remember a couple years ago where he was just awful

McPherson is supposed to be this GOD who can hit 49 yard field goals with ease

Our mistake for thinking he was top 10.

I do think he’s top 16 though

Kickers dont have that many missed kicks ever. 1 miss or 2 maybe but 6? That's an issue with the field.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need to start looking at kickers again....and no 4 games is not too soon. Part of being a winning team is no tolerance of failure.

Ok well no.

But he’s certainly not as good as advertised
(10-10-2021, 06:11 PM)Synric Wrote: Kickers dont have that many missed kicks ever. 1 miss or 2 maybe but 6? That's an issue with the field.

He’s blaming the field lmao

What we saw was freakish. Nothing wrong with the field.

Still, Evan is supposed to be Mcmoney.

Crosby has a history of being shakey.
(10-10-2021, 06:10 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need to start looking at kickers again....and no 4 games is not too soon. Part of being a winning team is no tolerance of failure.
Calm down...

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk
(10-10-2021, 06:13 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: He’s blaming the field lmao

What we saw was freakish. Nothing wrong with the field.

Still, Evan is supposed to be Mcmoney.

Crosby has a history of being shakey.

How many games do you know with 6 missed kicks? Seriously push your agenda all you want but that is an absolutely insane %.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

(10-10-2021, 06:15 PM)Synric Wrote: How many games do you know with 6 missed kicks? Seriously push your agenda all you want but that is an absolutely insane %.

Well one of them was from 57 so I’m not gonna freak out over that.

Also, like I said, Crosby is a sketchy kicker.

Idk why you think it’s a conspiracy with the turf
What is this thread

Yeah I expect him to make the 49 yarder also.

It may change their game plan a bit, I thought Evan would be our MVP this year because of his distance. Means nothing if it doesn't go in.

Hopefully he takes responsibility for the missed kicks and goes out there to correct his mistakes. Sounded like he wasn't doing that from what Tony said.

Would be curious to hear the field comments.
(10-10-2021, 06:16 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Well one of them was from 57 so I’m not gonna freak out over that.

Also, like I said, Crosby is a sketchy kicker.

Idk why you think it’s a conspiracy with the turf

Have you ever seen a game with 6 missed kicks? I havent that includes High School and College. Question is why were there 6 missed kicks?

(10-10-2021, 06:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Have you ever seen a game with 6 missed kicks? I havent that includes High School and College. Question is why were there 6 missed kicks?

Lay off the woo woo sauce and take a nap
Would be cool to see what Crosby thinks about the field lol
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
(10-10-2021, 06:16 PM)BritishBengal Wrote: What is this thread

Just look at who made it and then look at their post history and you'll know.

It's a big steaming bowl of nuthin.
(10-10-2021, 06:20 PM)Synric Wrote: Have you ever seen a game with 6 missed kicks? I havent that includes High School and College. Question is why were there 6 missed kicks?

Because 6 kicks didn't go through those yellow upright things. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(10-10-2021, 06:23 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Lay off the woo woo sauce and take a nap

6 missed kicks in 1 football game is an insane anomaly. I get you boil it down to a 57 and 49 misses but it deserves a why when you add in 4 misses by Green Bay.

Frank has a point on Crosby.

Packers' Mason Crosby had worst game in weird week, almost 2 years to the date. Maybe he hates this weather.
Oct 8, 2018 — His five missed kicks were the most in a game since Cole Ford missed four field goals and an extra point in a 1997 game for the Raiders.
(10-10-2021, 06:31 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Frank has a point on Crosby.

Packers' Mason Crosby had worst game in weird week:
Oct 8, 2018 — His five missed kicks were the most in a game since Cole Ford missed four field goals and an extra point in a 1997 game for the Raiders.

Yea, that’s not abnormal for him
(10-10-2021, 05:53 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Complain about Zac Taylor blowing it, I get it.

But the way they used Mcpherson today is how Matt Prater is used, Justin Tucker is used, how Zurlein used to be used.

It’s how the best kickers in the league are used.

That 57 yard miss I don’t care about

But you expect a supposed stud like Mcpherson to hit a 49 yarder for the win.

He’s not an elite kicker. Not yet. Especially with that Jacksonville miss last week in the first quarter also looming over him.

So let’s pump the brakes on Mcpherson being great, for now
I think McPherson has been a little over-hyped.Although,I think he’s going to be OK.They placed him in a very tough situation there with that 57 yarder,and all the pressure.When the game is on the line,I’m going to put the ball in Joe Burrows hands,and not Perine,on third and 5,or a rookie kicker on a 57 yard FG.