Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's be honest
This hurt.... punch your laptop or throw a brick at your TV kinda game.

Offensive non-existant for 80% of the game and a defense let Noah Brown part the sea at will.

If we do miss the playoffs you can circle this game.

Thursday is it... you come out with a Loss you book you Cancun trip... lets see if we have any gas left.

<3 you all.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
A win in Baltimore is really the only medicine for this game. That was absolutely atrocious today.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Texans fan right now. They're obviously delighted to have won, but no way is anybody who supports Houston not saying 'how the heck did we need a last second FG to win that'... the difference between the two teams was vast. We got absolutely outplayed.

Enormous L unfortunately. Still time to correct it, plenty of games and all that. But today a serious regression after two really good wins.
Reply/Quote
The final score does not reflect the total beatdown the Bengals experienced today.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Win in Baltimore
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:37 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: A win in Baltimore is really the only medicine for this game. That was absolutely atrocious today.

Put yourself in the shoes of a Texans fan right now. They're obviously delighted to have won

I'm 2020 Bengals excited if I a was a Texans fan... they have an elite QB that beat a "SB contender" away. 

We will find out if the Bengals have anything left in the tank in shortly 4 days.  Looks empty to me but I'm welcome to be proven wrong... God I hope so.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Went over 36 minutes in a row without scoring any points.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm 2020 Bengals excited if I a was a Texans fan... they have an elite QB that beat a "SB contender" away. 

We will find out if the Bengals have anything left in the tank in shortly 4 days.  Looks empty to me but I'm welcome to be proven wrong... God I hope so.

Ravens lost to the Browns. Not like they have a lot in the tank either. Just sad it couldn't have been a game for the division crown. Now it's just to stay relevant in the playoff standings 
Reply/Quote
Let's be honest..Who wishes they had just watched funny cat videos today instead?  It's football..It's not as if Paraguay just wiped out the entire US navy and air force. Depressing? Sure, but we'll all survive and look back on this and laugh in about 30 years from now...I probably won't, but some of you will. Don't forget to mark it on your calendars.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:33 PM)QueenCity Wrote: This hurt.... punch your laptop or throw a brick at your TV kinda game.

Offensive non-existant for 80% of the game and a defense let Noah Brown part the sea at will.

If we do miss the playoffs you can circle this game.

Thursday is it... you come out with a Loss you book you Cancun trip... lets see if we have any gas left.

<3 you all.

The game was lost until the Taylor-Britt interception. Then it was won with the pass to Boyd that was dropped. Then it was lost. Big-time hurt. 

But no-one is hurting more than the Bengals players. You could see Boyd's pain on the sidelines and other players agony. That was a big-time gut punch.
Reply/Quote
Don't think a loss Thursday does them in.

5-3 finish will give them a shot.

@Balt
Pitt
@Jax
Indy
Vikings
@Pitt
@KC
Clev

I think the Bengals will be sitting at 9-5 going into the last 3.
Reply/Quote
Can we stop Burrow MVP talk
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:39 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I'm 2020 Bengals excited if I a was a Texans fan... they have an elite QB that beat a "SB contender" away. 

I definitely think they should be excited about Stroud, though not necessarily for today particularly. I'm not sure how our defence could've made it any easier for him. I would've had 300 passing yards today. But he's clearly had a very good season so far, 2 INTS all year for a rookie is insanely good.

I think Thursday is the 'show us what you are' game for the season. With our conference record, we're back to being at no margin for error again.
Reply/Quote
Boyd is going to feel like shit all week. That was a tough drop. However, with the Browns beating the Ravens, we're not in a horrible spot with 7 games left. We still get to play the Steelers twice, and Browns and Ravens one more time. If we are good enough to win a SB, then we are good enough to proceed after this loss.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:45 PM)TheCincinnatiKid Wrote: I definitely think they should be excited about Stroud, though not necessarily for today particularly. I'm not sure how our defence could've made it any easier for him. I would've had 300 passing yards today. But he's clearly had a very good season so far, 2 INTS all year for a rookie is insanely good.

I think Thursday is the 'show us what you are' game for the season. With our conference record, we're back to being at no margin for error again.

Yep. Stroud had very little pressure and receivers constantly WIDE open (because our brain dead secondary kept losing track of them in the zones). I could have thrown for 300 in that scenario. 
Reply/Quote
Sucks but I'm not giving up on the season yet. If this team can get into the playoffs they've proven they can make a run.
Reply/Quote
It'll take a miracle on Thursday to win if Trey doesn't play. Hopefully Tee's hammy isn't torn but they sure ruled him out quick after the injury.
They let the white guy Irwin loose on that first TD but after that he was not a factor. Maybe they mistook him for a referee or something.....

Pretty much had to force Chase into the gameplan late because the others were terrible. Boyd got caught on the big catch and then of course his drop afterwards.
Not sure if Burrow is another Brady because without his receivers, its pretty goddamned shakey.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Defense was trash today. Offense was trash a while, but good at times. Singletary had a career game. Coverage and pressure were both bad, and now Hendrickson is out. Burrow had two awful INTs. Tyler Boyd with a critical drop early, then drops the game winner. The offensive line wasn't very good today either.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:45 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Can we stop Burrow MVP talk

Yes. Please.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: Defense was trash today. Offense was trash a while, but good at times. Singletary had a career game. Coverage and pressure were both bad, and now Hendrickson is out. Burrow had two awful INTs. Tyler Boyd with a critical drop early, then drops the game winner. The offensive line wasn't very good today either.

Good game summary.  You should write for ESPN.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 06:59 PM)Wyche Wrote: Defense was trash today. Offense was trash a while, but good at times.

how can you say that about the offense and not mention the turnovers the defense caused?

they both played bad with some good flashes

those constant 3 and outs by the offense certainly didnt help this defense today

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote