Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's be honest
This game and last year Steelers opening at home had the same feeling. It's the most emotionally drained. Burrow threw picks, we still had chance to win, and lost in the most hurting way. I don't know how this team can win a SB with this kind of defense and whatever happens on the offense today. Zac Taylor is not the coach. Our O-line is bad no matter which players we get. How can we even win playoff games if we even get to the playoff in the first place. The loss against Titans is a warning sign already, Zac got outcoached, defense rely on "bend but don't break" but at some point they're gonna break, we abandon the run game, passing game is off in crucial moments.
Reply/Quote
Honest? The skill positions on this team are not skilled, or are not playing that way. Other than Burrow, players do not put this team on their back.
Through last week, the Bengals had 8 broken tackles Mixon and Chase 4 each. The next lowest team was Vegas with 11, the Ravens lead the league with 39. I didn't see any today. The Bengals were in the top 5 league-wide with dropped passes at 18. I remember 3 today.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:42 AM)puddycat Wrote: Honest? The skill positions on this team are not skilled, or are not playing that way. Other than Burrow, players do not put this team on their back.
Through last week, the Bengals had 8 broken tackles Mixon and Chase 4 each. The next lowest team was Vegas with 11, the Ravens lead the league with 39. I didn't see any today. The Bengals were in the top 5 league-wide with dropped passes at 18. I remember 3 today.

Chase literally went out there and put the offense on his bad back to the tune of 124 yards and a TD.

Weird post.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 11:55 PM)125250 Wrote: Where’s the “we’re fine” crowd?

Where's the "we suck", "season is over" crowd?  Ah see lots of you still here.  I wonder if it physically hurts to be so emotional over other men playing a game? 

I've actually watched the NFL for over 40 years and I know that the last 8 weeks of the season can get crazy.  Injuries, teams tanking, whatever, some team always drops out and some team makes a push against the odds and gets into the playoffs.  Happens almost every year.

Anyway, didnt mean to interrupt the whiny b!tching, please continue.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:50 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Where's the "we suck", "season is over" crowd?  Ah see lots of you still here.  I wonder if it physically hurts to be so emotional over other men playing a game? 

I've actually watched the NFL for over 40 years and I know that the last 8 weeks of the season can get crazy.  Injuries, teams tanking, whatever, some team always drops out and some team makes a push against the odds and gets into the playoffs.  Happens almost every year.

It does.. sometimes.  I have also watched the NFL for over 40 years and I'm sorry for you that you have become jaded.  There is always a Monte Python fan in the crowd to sing a happy refrain of life is absurd, it doesn't really matter anyway, and we're all gonna die in the end.  So happy you're above bitching about playing and coaching, instead taking the "high road" and bitching about the fans.
Reply/Quote
Being honest, Houston has been beating us with some regularity for the last 15 years. I was hoping this would be different.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 02:50 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Where's the "we suck", "season is over" crowd?  Ah see lots of you still here.  I wonder if it physically hurts to be so emotional over other men playing a game? 

I am not sure why you watch, if you don’t care about the outcome. I guess you just enjoy watching the guys run around. It’s about winning or losing to most, especially when you have qb and receiving corps that doesn’t come along very often. Bengals have been to 3 Super Bowls in 52 years. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:51 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Agree he overthrew it but that throw he made to Chase is exactly the kind of play that a 55 million dollar guy is supposed to make. Same to Boyd but it was dropped.

I agree, and the TD to Irwin was an absolute dime. To Joe's defense, he was harassed all day. I didn't mean for it to seem I was bashing Joe, just more pointing out that everyone was a little off yesterday. I was listening to the call in show on WLW after the game, and Joe Walter and Willie Anderson were both noting that even the crowd wasn't as in to it as usual. They were insinuating that everyone was kinda hung over from the Buffalo game. I'm not sure I buy that, but I did find it odd that even the fans didn't bring their A game, lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:45 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: im aware. my main gripe with the offense is a lack of run game. And I've been preaching this since 2021

I've been preaching it since Rudi Johnson left town... Tongue

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 09:08 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You forgot  Burrow was bad with 2 critical ints 

Better re-read that post you quoted. I mentioned the two bad INTs, and he almost threw another one where he led Irwin a bit too far.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 11:55 PM)125250 Wrote: Where’s the “we’re fine” crowd?

(11-13-2023, 03:56 AM)puddycat Wrote: It does.. sometimes.  I have also watched the NFL for over 40 years and I'm sorry for you that you have become jaded.  There is always a Monte Python fan in the crowd to sing a happy refrain of life is absurd, it doesn't really matter anyway, and we're all gonna die in the end.  So happy you're above bitching about playing and coaching, instead taking the "high road" and bitching about the fans.

(11-13-2023, 06:46 AM)125250 Wrote: I am not sure why you watch, if you don’t care about the outcome. I guess you just enjoy watching the guys run around. It’s about winning or losing to most, especially when you have qb and receiving corps that doesn’t come along very often. Bengals have been to 3 Super Bowls in 52 years. 

I'm not above complaining, I do it often. The oline and defense were awful, Boyd choked (again). But asking. "Where’s the “we’re fine” crowd?" is childish and stupid and belongs on Facebook or Twitter. So if you cant contain yourself to issues with the team and have to be a smarta$$ to others, especially after a loss and no one came at you, then Im likely going to call you out.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:01 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I'm not above complaining, I do it often.  The oline and defense were awful, Boyd choked (again).  But asking. "Where’s the “we’re fine” crowd?" is childish and stupid and belongs on Facebook or Twitter.  So if you cant contain yourself to issues with the team and have to be a smarta$$ to others, especially after a loss and no one came at you, then Im likely going to call you out.

Ok. You did. Great job. 
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 03:32 PM)125250 Wrote: Ok. You did. Great job. 

I do my best.

Reply/Quote
I was about to turn the game off in disgust after Burrow's 2nd INT, but I took to long in doing so and next thing I know CTB intercepts the ball and returns it to like the 3 yard line. We get a TD and I'm back into it. Then Boyd drops the sure TD and even though we tied it up with a FG afterwards, I just knew we were giving up the game winning FG. My only hope was the dude would just shank the kick because of being in the NFL such a short time.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 03:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I was about to turn the game off in disgust after Burrow's 2nd INT, but I took to long in doing so and next thing I know CTB intercepts the ball and returns it to like the 3 yard line. We get a TD and I'm back into it. Then Boyd drops the sure TD and even though we tied it up with a FG afterwards, I just knew we were giving up the game winning FG. My only hope was the dude would just shank the kick because of being in the NFL such a short time.

I cannot IMAGINE the roller-coaster feelings you had.
I turned it off, then just occasionally checked the text play-by-play on my Bengals app.
Even THAT was nerve-wracking.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 03:48 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I was about to turn the game off in disgust after Burrow's 2nd INT, but I took to long in doing so and next thing I know CTB intercepts the ball and returns it to like the 3 yard line. We get a TD and I'm back into it. Then Boyd drops the sure TD and even though we tied it up with a FG afterwards, I just knew we were giving up the game winning FG. My only hope was the dude would just shank the kick because of being in the NFL such a short time.

In the two Bengals (Scott, Pratt) make the tackle on the WR (Brown), instead of letting him break free and go for another 13 yards, then I doubt the kicker makes the 50 yarder. He never made a 50 yarder in his entire career. Just drop-dead lousy tackling. The ball carrier had more passion to break free than the Bengals had to stop him. Either that or they were trying to strip the ball, which was the wrong play that far out with that kicker.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 06:00 PM)Nepa Wrote: In the two Bengals (Scott, Pratt) make the tackle on the WR (Brown), instead of letting him break free and go for another 13 yards, then I doubt the kicker makes the 50 yarder. He never made a 50 yarder in his entire career. Just drop-dead lousy tackling. The ball carrier had more passion to break free than the Bengals had to stop him. Either that or they were trying to strip the ball, which was the wrong play that far out with that kicker.

I've had concerns over this all season.  Just no technique.  I only played high school ball and we all knew the basic techniques: break down, head up, drive through contact, wrap up and take them down.   I mean that is not always possible, but there is a lot of players just throwing themselves at the ball carrier for a hit, bouncing off and the runner making an additional 10 yards

The Texans were well coached.  Their tackling was excellent.  All their fundamentals were spot on.  We should have won this game, but they played a better game than us.  This is a coaching failure as much as player break down.

I feel bad for them, but they need to get themselves back to basic execution.   I don't mind losing as much when I see us playing professional ball and executing  the way we should be.

In terms of the draft:  interior OL and interior DL
Reply/Quote