Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's play "New Head Coach"
You're the NEW Bengals Head Coach!

What's the first thing you do to fix the team?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:49 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: You're the NEW Bengals Head Coach!

Fire the front office.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
1. Identify whoever it is that's been looking for "steals" by drafting guys with significant injury concerns in the first.
2. Find that guy's office.
3. Slap that guy.
4. Find a new guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Fire everybody.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Hold a closed door meeting with the entire organization. Announce that effective immediately, everyone is relieved of their duties, and are encouraged to submit their resumes for consideration.

*Except for Paul Alexander, he don't even get to reapply.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I pick a team identity and bring in coaches and players that I believe will be ideal for that identity. That identity will be a run-first offense with OL that drive off the ball. Paul Alexander’s timid blocking methods will not be welcomed back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Play best players regardless of lesser quality higher paid players.
Reply/Quote
1. Fire the majority of our coaches.
2. Ditto on whoever is drafting these injured players. (As Benton said)
3. Start the search for help.
4. See how much money I have to spend.
Reply/Quote
You
(12-08-2017, 02:38 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: 1. Fire the majority of our coaches.

1. Fire all coaches except for special teams and WR
2. Immediately lobby for 6-8 additional scouts so that my coaches can coach
3. Institute zero tolerance for knucklehead behavior on and off field
4. Bench and/or cut habitual underperformers. Continuously lobby GM to not allow them to play out contract length.
5. Hire aggressive, smart coordinators who will not play passively
6. Work with GM to acquire players that fit coordinators’ strategy.
7. Allow coordinator input on position coach hires who will help them carry out strategic vision.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
This sounds like fun. First, don't have to fire any of the coaches they are all on the last years of their deals, just don't
bring any back. I would make a push for more scouts like Wolf and whoever else is qualified.

Hire new aggressive Coaches that are young and eager and know how the game has changed. Coaches that can adapt.

Go to work immediately researching O-lineman for when FA happens. Plan to grab one of the top O-lineman early in FA.

Bring in faster Linebackers that can cover and stop the run, regardless of size.

Plan on more aggressive schemes on both sides of the ball, more directional blocking on Offense, more man to man on
Defense. Plan for the future in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Have a fall back plan in case our young guys don't
improve or our older players start to fall off.

Take injured players off our draft board. Concentrate on O-line, specifically Center early in the Draft, Billy Price would be
the guy i have an eye on and other top Centers. Need to get a top Center regardless of if we grab one in FA. Make a note
that Center will no longer be ignored. Smart, physical, technically sound lineman for our new line coach to work with.

Draft O-line early and often going into this season, need to do a Vikings rebuild here. We get the talented players once we
have the talented O-line, not the other way around. Talented Safety would be on my list early as well.

Trade AJM to the Browns for pick #33.

That would be a good start IMHO.
Reply/Quote
i LIKE THIS THREAD....
Reply/Quote
Call all the girls who wouldn't date me in high school and tell them in the HC of an NFL team and that they missed out.
Reply/Quote
Is this New Head Coach or New General Manager?
I see alot of firing of coaches and front office people...

Since I'm a New Head Coach on a New Team and it's February.....

1. Talk to all my assistant coaching staff. Talk about the progress of each player already on the roster.

2. Talk to the scouting department and the assistant coaches about how far along they are in the scouting process.

3. Play catchup because it so late in the scouting process and I have to be ready for thr draft and free agency.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 03:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Is this New Head Coach or New General Manager?
I see alot of firing of coaches and front office people...

Since I'm a New Head Coach on a New Team and it's February.....

1. Talk to all my assistant coaching staff. Talk about the progress of each player already on the roster.

2.  Talk to the scouting department and the assistant coaches about how far along they are in the scouting process.

3. Play catchup because it so late in the scouting process and I have to be ready for thr draft and free agency.

Guess i meant i would be pushing for more scouts to the FO hoping they would listen...
Reply/Quote
Fire everyone, then fire myself because until firing them I was then part of the old system. We need a clean slate to get rid of "The Curse."

Reply/Quote
As coach, I would stand for the anthem, remove my hat and place my hand over my heart but then kneel during the games showing my protest until we get fair officiating. That right there will add at at least 2 wins a season. We'd be in the playoffs this year!!! (off the top of my head the Houston game and 2nd pitt game).
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 02:38 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: 1. Fire the majority of our coaches.

you all some power tripping head coaches trying to do things above your pay grade...    as far as 2.

1.   Review my Staff...  I don't think anyone is signed for next year so that will be quick
2.   Review my roster..  I'm new to the organization after all and need to learn who my stars are etc...  and how the work the best.
3.   Find people that know what they are doing as I'm not really the x/o type of guy...  I could be but that's not me and the OP just threw me into this roll.
4. Let the Front office acquire Talent... Because that's their job. Give input but ultimately their decision.
5. Find a way to use my talent to the best of THEIR abilities.
Reply/Quote
Find out which stroking motion Mike Brown prefers.

For stroking his ego, you perverts. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 01:49 PM)GreenDragon Wrote: You're the NEW Bengals Head Coach!

Immediately start looking for someone who's actually qualified to be the head coach.   Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2017, 02:04 PM)Interceptor Wrote: Fire the front office.

A case of Bud Light for you my good man. Dilly! Dilly!
Reply/Quote