Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Let's talk about Burrow
In the GameDay thread, the usual Burrow vs Herbert crap popped up again. Please don't turn this thread into that again. Also, maybe keep the doom-and-gloom into the other threads, if possible, thanks.

But, how about those throws on the game tying drive. Dear Lord, those were beauties. On at least 2 of them, I remember a defender within millimeters of knocking the ball out of his hand and Burrow not only got the pass off but was dropping dimes like Phillips dropping balls.

If you didn't think Burrow had an elite level ceiling, you HAVE to think that now after that. Oh man, I need to change my underwear after thinking about those passes again. Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Also, maybe keep the doom-and-gloom into the other threads, if possible, thanks.

Burrow not only got the pass off but was dropping dimes like Phillips dropping balls.

I see what you did there.  Whatever

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:28 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: I see what you did there.  Whatever

That's not doom-and-gloom. That's making light of a shitty thing that happened. Like say you shit on the floor. Now, I could whine about the smell or the fact that SOMEone will have to clean it up. OR i could walk right into it slip and fall on my ass cracking my head on the floor and everyone laughs. I think we both know which is the better option. Mellow
Reply/Quote
Well Its obvious Joe Burrow Simply cannot DeBungalize this team on his own..
Could lead to much more wasted talent this franchise is famous for..
Reply/Quote
And next week Burrow will throw a pass from his own endzone to Chase for a TD!
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In the GameDay thread, the usual Burrow vs Herbert crap popped up again. Please don't turn this thread into that again. Also, maybe keep the doom-and-gloom into the other threads, if possible, thanks.

But, how about those throws on the game tying drive. Dear Lord, those were beauties. On at least 2 of them, I remember a defender within millimeters of knocking the ball out of his hand and Burrow not only got the pass off but was dropping dimes like Phillips dropping balls.

If you didn't think Burrow had an elite level ceiling, you HAVE to think that now after that. Oh man, I need to change my underwear after thinking about those passes again. Mellow
It's even crazier, when you think about the pressure he was facing. The first TD too Chase was nothing short of spectacular... The 2nd 1 to Chase couldn't have been thrown any better... 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:35 PM)Spider Wrote: Well Its obvious Joe Burrow Simply cannot DeBungalize this team on his own..
Could lead to much more wasted talent this franchise is famous for..

I have to ask - how long have you followed this team?  Because if you weren't around in the 90s, you'd realize that the "debungalization" has already happened.  That being said:

We are in year 1.5 of Burrow.  The team was the WORST team in the NFL 2 years ago.  They are 7-6 and have pounded some of the so-called elites this year.  They played the Packers dead even.  

That being said, will Taylor ever get any further than where they are?  I don't honestly know.

And as far as wasted talent goes, they got a hell of a lot out of Andy Dalton and went to the playoffs 5 straight years.  They obviously need to take the next step like they did in 2005 next year.  They also need to build on it the following year like they couldn't do in 06,07 and 08
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately what was lost in this, was that 4th quarter, and overtime drive, was some of Burrows best balls of his career. He was dropping dimes. That 1st TD to chase, was Mahomes like, and that 2nd one was one of the prettiest dimes you’ll see anyone throw. My favorite part of his game tying drive, was he hit Higgins, Boyd, and Chase on the same drive for huge plays. I think it showed the peak of what this offense can be. It just got overshadowed by the loss.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:41 PM)Tony Wrote: It's even crazier, when you think about the pressure he was facing. The first TD too Chase was nothing short of spectacular... The 2nd 1 to Chase couldn't have been thrown ant better... 

those throws definitely were amazing and made me so grateful we moved on from Andy Dalton...he had never shown this type of ability or poise
If only we had the Browns or Colts O lines, where would  we be? Im guessing 9-3 ish  
Reply/Quote
It's crazy, but I honestly think Burrow has been underrated by a lot of people this year. What he is doing, especially with a banged up pinky, being sacked the amount of times he has been, and behind this offensive line...its kind of incredible.

I REALLY hope they get some more capable bodies to put in front of him going into next year because if/when he gets more time in a clean pocket, its absolutely game over.

I still don't think we've seen his ceiling yet which is crazy to think about. I can't wait to see what he ends up delivering by the time his playing career is over.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's crazy, but I honestly think Burrow has been underrated by a lot of people this year. What he is doing, especially with a banged up pinky, being sacked the amount of times he has been, and behind this offensive line...its kind of incredible.

I REALLY hope they get some more capable bodies to put in front of him going into next year because if/when he gets more time in a clean pocket, its absolutely game over.

I still don't think we've seen his ceiling yet which is crazy to think about. I can't wait to see what he ends up delivering by the time his playing career is over.

Add in the fact that his arm got considerably stronger in the offseason.  That was his only knock coming out of college.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: banged up pinky, 

I completely forgot about the pinky!! Like, yeah, they mentioned it at the beginning of the game, but for the rst of the game, no one was talking about the pinky. Maybe if Burrow did a Roethlisberger and grab at the pinky on the few bad passes he did throw, but just amazing how good Burrow was with the injured pinky.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:44 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I have to ask - how long have you followed this team?  Because if you weren't around in the 90s, you'd realize that the "debungalization" has already happened.  That being said:

We are in year 1.5 of Burrow.  The team was the WORST team in the NFL 2 years ago.  They are 7-6 and have pounded some of the so-called elites this year.  They played the Packers dead even.  

That being said, will Taylor ever get any further than where they are?  I don't honestly know.

And as far as wasted talent goes, they got a hell of a lot out of Andy Dalton and went to the playoffs 5 straight years.  They obviously need to take the next step like they did in 2005 next year.  They also need to build on it the following year like they couldn't do in 06,07 and 08

Been Die hard since 1988
I agree the team gained respect under Marvin and managed to get the best they could out of Andy..
But what was the result?
A hole lotta National Prime time laughing stock Football for us fans to have to absorb
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:47 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: It's crazy, but I honestly think Burrow has been underrated by a lot of people this year. What he is doing, especially with a banged up pinky, being sacked the amount of times he has been, and behind this offensive line...its kind of incredible.

Burrow had a small lull with with the Browns and Raiders games but really last week and this week, he has looked like early season Burrow again. I was a little too critical of his Steelers game and after looking at it again, he played well aside from the interception. If Chase catches that TD, then Burrow has a stellar day. He lit it up yesterday. The offensive line certainly needs to be a priority again in the offseason, particularly at C and G. I hope Carman works out, that would eliminate the need for a G.  If Burrow can receive consistent protection, he will cement himself as a top tier QB. 
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:51 PM)Spider Wrote: Been Die hard since 1988
I agree the team gained respect under Marvin and managed to get the best they could out of Andy..
But what was the result?
A hole lotta National Prime time laughing stock Football for us fans to have to absorb

And what was the result for the other 31 teams in the league?  Patriots, Colts, Broncos and Steelers were the teams that won most of those titles.  It's not like 16 teams won super bowls.

The 2005 team was good enough to win it all, but couldn't build on that momentum.  We are on year 2 of this group and have made great progress.  This offseason is the most important offseason that they've had in decades.  They have to chance to add the finishing touches on a championship level roster.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:58 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: And what was the result for the other 31 teams in the league?  Patriots, Colts, Broncos and Steelers were the teams that won most of those titles.  It's not like 16 teams won super bowls.

The 2005 team was good enough to win it all, but couldn't build on that momentum.  We are on year 2 of this group and have made great progress.  This offseason is the most important offseason that they've had in decades.  They have to chance to add the finishing touches on a championship level roster.

Very much agree Sir
The window opens and closes quickly
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow is the franchise.

Hopefully, we trust him with the ball next time we're in an overtime game :).
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 07:08 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Joe Burrow is the franchise.

Hopefully, we trust him with the ball next time we're in an overtime game :).

Especially when he's got the hot hand.
Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow has an extremely high ceiling indeed. That’s not even up for debate. At his best he is absolutely spectacular...

...but as it stands today his talent and potential are being wasted in Cincinnati. Joe Burrow did not turn out to be either the savior of the Bengals nor the single solution to all things Bengal. No realistic fan expected this to happen given the current roster and coaching staff. As I predicted after the 2020 Draft, Joe Burrow would resemble Archie Manning who was an amazing quarterback on an all time shitty team.

Archie took lots of sacks and threw too many picks, just like Joe. His lifetime record is 35-101-3. Archie deserved better than the Saints gave him and again this mirrors Joe and the Bengals.

The front office and the coaches will have to do some soul-searching in the off-season. Obviously the changes to the offensive line have not kept Joe Burrow clean and he’s taking way more sacks than he should.

To see Joe Burrow’s true ceiling will require yet another look at the offensive line scheme.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In the GameDay thread, the usual Burrow vs Herbert crap popped up again. Please don't turn this thread into that again. Also, maybe keep the doom-and-gloom into the other threads, if possible, thanks.

When that boy is cold, he's colder than Tommy Terrific in Buffalo in January. The only time I was nervous Sunday was during the OT. 

He cleans up the turnovers, man look out

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote