Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Let's talk about Burrow
I was picturing a formation where you have Tyler and Tee on one side and Chase the other. Motion Chase to the other side and keep extra blockers in and do a WR flood where Chase is the deep option, Tee right there in his area to draw off some coverage and Tyler in his sweet slot spot. Burrow can then choose the best option.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:47 PM)kalibengal Wrote:  
those throws definitely were amazing and made me so grateful we moved on from Andy Dalton...he had never shown this type of ability or poise
If only we had the Browns or Colts O lines, where would  we be? Im guessing 9-3 ish  

ummm andy is 6th all time of active QBs for 4th qtr comebacks......  How many 4th qtr comebacks do we have so far with Burrow?
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 06:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ummm andy is 6th all time of active QBs for 4th qtr comebacks......  How many 4th qtr comebacks do we have so far with Burrow?

Yep, Andy's 4th quarter comeback from 17 down against the Seahawks was a thing of beauty.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2021, 06:25 PM)PhilHos Wrote: In the GameDay thread, the usual Burrow vs Herbert crap popped up again. Please don't turn this thread into that again. Also, maybe keep the doom-and-gloom into the other threads, if possible, thanks.

But, how about those throws on the game tying drive. Dear Lord, those were beauties. On at least 2 of them, I remember a defender within millimeters of knocking the ball out of his hand and Burrow not only got the pass off but was dropping dimes like Phillips dropping balls.

If you didn't think Burrow had an elite level ceiling, you HAVE to think that now after that. Oh man, I need to change my underwear after thinking about those passes again. Mellow

Find it interesting on on a blog thread of opinions, you seem to decide what opinions people should have and how they need to respond to your thread.. lol
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 06:28 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: ummm andy is 6th all time of active QBs for 4th qtr comebacks......  How many 4th qtr comebacks do we have so far with Burrow?

I don't get why it seems you can't praise Andy without people thinking you're also dissing Burrow. Andy WAS a good QB for us, and Burrow is one right now and looks like he has higher levels yet. 

Really when you think about it the Bengals generally have done okay in the QB department:

Burrow
Andy
Palmer
Blake
Boomer
Ken

All the above have been good. I think we sometimes feel like we have problems finding QBs because of:

Akili and Klingler.

Yes we used two high firsts on QBs who REALLY needed to sit and learn while we built an offense for them, and then threw them to the wolves. Remember this cautionary was why Marvin redshirted Palmer so that when we went to him we had a stable supporting cast in place. 
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 06:44 PM)Joelist Wrote: I don't get why it seems you can't praise Andy without people thinking you're also dissing Burrow. Andy WAS a good QB for us, and Burrow is one right now and looks like he has higher levels yet. 

Really when you think about it the Bengals generally have done okay in the QB department:

Burrow
Andy
Palmer
Blake
Boomer
Ken

All the above have been good. I think we sometimes feel like we have problems finding QBs because of:

Akili and Klingler.

Yes we used two high firsts on QBs who REALLY needed to sit and learn while we built an offense for them, and then threw them to the wolves. Remember this cautionary was why Marvin redshirted Palmer so that when we went to him we had a stable supporting cast in place. 

Right i Like Burrow... And there was plenty to critize andy for over his time here but this was not one of those things.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2021, 06:42 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Find it interesting on on a blog thread of opinions, you seem to decide what opinions people should have and how they need to respond to your thread.. lol

You need to work on your reading comprehension. I ASKED people to not respond a certain way but I didn't say they NEEDED to respond a certain way NOR did I say what opinions people should have.

Appreciate your absolute lack of contribution to this thread, though. Thanks  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote