Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about the Browns
Primetime + Division Game = Throw out everything.

Stats. Injuries. None of that matters. The legacy these teams have between each other, holds more bare than anything else. Yes, we should come out and beat the piss out of this team. Will we? Not sure.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:28 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Its a short week, we have 3.5 days...maybe...to talk about this game so, let's talk about it.

Ok ok, there's really not much to talk about, Dalton may throw 8 TD's on Thursday night. Hayden will be out with a concussion and that's pretty much about all they have.

I know, Battle of Ohio, throw the records out the door, don't sleep on the Browns and whatever other cliche' that's out there that can be said. I'm sorry, the Browns don't or shouldn't have a chance in this game on Thursday night.

This is the perfect game for the Bengals Offense to take out some frustration on the Browns not only from last years arse whooping the Browns put on the Bengals but the frustration of coming out flat against the Steelers after the Bye.

Too early after the win today? Probably but I'm ready for Thursday in Prime Time to make a statement.

Let's go Bengals!

WHO-DEY!!!

Defense might get another crack and money man manziel
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals were smart, they would have spent the bye week break preparing for both the Steelers AND the Browns. Last year's Thursday night game against the Browns was terrible, so along with prepping, maybe some of the guys can remember how bad that loss was last year -- and avenge it!

To put less stress on some banged-up receivers, maybe they could make it a ball-control, Gio and Jeremy game?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:40 PM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: If the Bengals were smart, they would have spent the bye week break preparing for both the Steelers AND the Browns.  Last year's Thursday night game against the Browns was terrible, so along with prepping, maybe some of the guys can remember how bad that loss was last year -- and avenge it!

To put less stress on some banged-up receivers, maybe they could make it a ball-control, Gio and Jeremy game?

The Bengals know the Browns and the Steelers, but more so the Browns as the Steelers did change their DC.

I am confident the Bengals and the jacked up home crowd will make life miserable for the Browns and for any Browns fan who shows up Thursday night. I can see constant chirping in the ears of the Browns fans for 3 + hours.

I can't wait for us to redeem ourselves in prime time Thursday to check another off the list of things this team can't do, win prime time games. The last prime time game we had at PBS we made the greatest QB of all time look tired and old.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:17 AM)corpjet Wrote: Half their team may be traded before Thursday, I think the Browns will take any serious offers on Mack, J Thomas, Kruger and more.

After yesterday's game being the icing on the cake, I'm really thinking one of those serious offers for Mack should come from us.  
[Image: d1id.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:45 PM)West Union KennyG Wrote: After yesterday's game being the icing on the cake, I'm really thinking one of those serious offers for Mack should come from us.  

For Mack... i'd throw out a 2nd rounder.... And Greg little (resign him then trade him hehe)
Reply/Quote
I would find it hard to believe the Browns would trade within the division.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.propelio.com%2Fwp-c...f=1&nofb=1]

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:10 PM)Shouldamapads Wrote: I would find it hard to believe the Browns would trade within the division.

thats why you gotta overpay... a division rival will always cost more to deal with or at least should. if buffalo wasnt in the hunt i would suggest WOODS....
Reply/Quote
I kind of think Cleveland could roll over in this one. I'm leaning toward the Bengals winning big. I rarely do that in a divisional game, but Cleveland is in disarray.
Reply/Quote
What's the status of Mccown? I'd like to see John Manziel out there running for his life again.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There was no reason NOT to win last year, especially, with the Devon Still issue and the daughter at the game!

Not only did they lose but they laid their usual, 75% of the time, primetime egg, embarrassed off the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 02:23 PM)bengalguy71 Wrote: There was no reason NOT to win last year, especially, with the Devon Still issue and the daughter at the game!

Not only did they lose but they laid their usual, 75% of the time, primetime egg, embarrassed off the field.

talking last year.... They all played bad. Hue i think blamed himself for it.. just nothing worked on offense we were pretty depleted though
Reply/Quote
Browns will make this a much closer game than it should be.

I don't know how or why, but they always do.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:24 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The Browns are not as bad as their record shows. I think McCown got hurt, not sure. Funny if Manziel starts/plays. They have nothing to lose regarding that. Browns Defense can be a beast.

I get it, the Browns aren't winning the Super Bowl, but how do you figure they have "nothing to lose" in regards to replacing a hard-working QB with 11 TDs to 4 INTs and a rating of 95.2 with some crappy d-bag QB who fumbles every time the defense breathes on him?

McCown is one of the few people on that team who is doing his job. I'm not picking on you specifically, but where do people get the idea that any NFL team that isn't playoff bound can and should replace their starting QB with some wacky guy and hope that he is magically awesome and that wouldn't result in anyone being embarrassed and/or fired is beyond me.

There are about 20 NFL teams that people think should trade for or start Tebow, Manziel, RGIII, or some other nutbag 3rd stringer at QB because "WHY NOT!"
Reply/Quote
This is the week that CBS no longer carries the Thursday Night games. It will only be on NFLN as well as local affiliates. I guess we could look at it as only half prime time. Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Browns will make this a much closer game than it should be.

I don't know how or why, but they always do.

Yep. Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if we lost. Super physical short week against a team that always plays us well in the first game. Either the first game is way too close or we lose. Fortunately we always crap on them the second timearound
Reply/Quote
Their best receiver depends on who's playing QB. If McCown is in, then I expect Barnidge to be their main guy. If Manziel plays, then I expect Travis Benjamin to get a lot of looks. I'm just hoping the front office dysfunction trickles down onto the team and causes them to not give full effort out there.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 03:39 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I get it, the Browns aren't winning the Super Bowl, but how do you figure they have "nothing to lose" in regards to replacing a hard-working QB with 11 TDs to 4 INTs and a rating of 95.2 with some crappy d-bag QB who fumbles every time the defense breathes on him?

McCown is one of the few people on that team who is doing his job.  I'm not picking on you specifically, but where do people get the idea that any NFL team that isn't playoff bound can and should replace their starting QB with some wacky guy and hope that he is magically awesome and that wouldn't result in anyone being embarrassed and/or fired is beyond me.

There are about 20 NFL teams that people think should trade for or start Tebow, Manziel, RGIII, or some other nutbag 3rd stringer at QB because "WHY NOT!"

Mccown is old. He isn't taking them anywhere in this division. IMO Manziel is on his last legs, he won't perform well in CLE (or even get a chance) - who else is going to take him. He has to beat out PIT and CIN for a wild card chance, no way, not in another 4+ years and he'll be retired.

MCcown is not bad, Cleveland is 2-6. They're not turning it around, I agree they need to start keeping/sticking with players and quit drafting/trading/releasing.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
On paper, the Bengals should roll over this sorry, banged up, dysfunctional excuse of a franchise (had to..).

But I have a hard time seeing us going out there and being this offensive juggernaut, even with all of their injuries. We looked flat as all be offensively against Pittsburgh. We couldn't get anything going. How are we going to suddenly flip the switch on a short week? We only have 3 days to get things figured out. And with a coach like Marv, I don't see that happening. Not to mention this is a divisional game against a team that always gives us at least one tough game per year.

I hope I'm wrong. I wanna lay the smack down on these clowns. But logic says otherwise.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:19 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: But I have a hard time seeing us going out there and being this offensive juggernaut, even with all of their injuries. We looked flat as all be offensively against Pittsburgh. We couldn't get anything going. How are we going to suddenly flip the switch on a short week?

I give Pittsburgh a lot of the credit for making us look "flat".  And the Browns looked a lot worse than us.  So we should be able "flip the switch" much easier than the Browns.

Plus we will be at home Thursday
Reply/Quote