Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about the Browns
(11-02-2015, 06:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I give Pittsburgh a lot of the credit for making us look "flat".  And the Browns looked a lot worse than us.  So we should be able "flip the switch" much easier than the Browns.

Plus we will be at home Thursday

Pittsburgh played good, but we still should have scored at least 3 touchdowns with the offensive capabilities we have. Top offenses don't put up 16 points. I attribute that to being flat and good defense.

And the Browns always look worse than us. That's never stopped them from putting up a good fight.
Reply/Quote
Go ahead and scratch Brian Hartline off this list. He's doubtful with a concussion.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:09 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Mccown is old. He isn't taking them anywhere in this division. IMO Manziel is on his last legs, he won't perform well in CLE (or even get a chance) - who else is going to take him. He has to beat out PIT and CIN for a wild card chance, no way, not in another 4+ years and he'll be retired.

MCcown is not bad, Cleveland is 2-6. They're not turning it around, I agree they need to start keeping/sticking with players and quit drafting/trading/releasing.

So your answer is to replace McCown with a QB who is crappier, has a lousy attitude, is a PR nightmare, and gives you less chance to win because he's younger?  McCown is a washed up journeyman QB the Browns got on the cheap, but Carson Palmer was a washed up journeyman QB the Cardinals got on the cheap and those two old bums have combined for 31 TDs and 11 INTs on the year while Johnny Manziel, EJ Manuel, Geno Smith and all those other young guys Browns and Cardinals fans wanted to get because "McCown and Palmer aren't going to win the Super Bowl" are already being trashed out of the NFL and ridiculed.

Most of the successful QBs in the NFL are vets but every year teams lose 2 games and people wonder why those teams are too stubborn to get some 22 year old with no experience and throw him into the fire and wait for the magic to happen.

Didn't you watch last year while Mr. "Never gonna win anything" Hoyer beat us and Johnny "Nothing to lose" Manziel stunk terribly against us?  McCown is better than Manziel and even if the Browns will never win the Super Bowl ever ever ever I assure you their fans would rather win than lose.

It's not rocket science. I can't believe I have to explain to a Bengals fan how the NFL season can have merit even if you don't win the Super Bowl.

EDIT: Again, this is more a rant against the fear NFL fans have of older QBs, not really a McCown vs. Manziel thing.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:34 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote:  Top offenses don't put up 16 points. 

The #1 scoring offense in the league is the Arizona Cardinals.

The Steelers held them to 13 points.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:47 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The #1 scoring offense in the league is the Arizona Cardinals.

The Steelers held them to 13 points.

Good point. But factor in the eyeball test, and we clearly weren't playing like we usually do. Whether you attribute that to coaching, scheme, matchups, injuries, hostile environment, or anything else, that fact is undeniable.

Dalton played poorly most of the game. The line couldn't protect. Eifert dropped balls that he has to catch.

That's playing flat.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:52 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Good point. But factor in the eyeball test, and we clearly weren't playing like we usually do. Whether you attribute that to coaching, scheme, matchups, injuries, hostile environment, or anything else, that fact is undeniable.

Dalton played poorly most of the game. The line couldn't protect. Eifert dropped balls that he has to catch.

That's playing flat.

So, even though we are talking about the same defense you just think it is a huge coincidence that two great offenses played "flat" against them?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 06:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So, even though we are talking about the same defense you just think it is a huge coincidence that two great offenses played "flat" against them?

Well if you're going that route, might as well bring up the Patriots game, week 1. They shredded Pittsburgh. Our offense is much worse than theirs. Maybe even better. 

All I'm saying is that we could have played a lot better. We're not gonna be able to beat a New England or a Denver playing like that.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 07:10 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: Well if you're going that route, might as well bring up the Patriots game, week 1. They shredded Pittsburgh. Our offense is much worse than theirs. Maybe even better. 

All I'm saying is that we could have played a lot better. We're not gonna be able to beat a New England or a Denver playing like that.

they scored 28 but only won by a TD...
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 07:12 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they scored 28  but only won by a TD...

I'm arguing something I can't prove here, so I'll just end it with this:

We can play better. I know it. Everyone knows it.

B let's hope we go out there and pound Cleveland into submission.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 07:10 PM)clevelandsdad Wrote: All I'm saying is that we could have played a lot better. We're not gonna be able to beat a New England or a Denver playing like that.

I agree that we played poorly.

But there is nothing to suggest that we will play that poorly against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
Let's talk about Midget Bowl II....
[Image: th?id=OIP.M4f40141fb1059eda328893a124dfe...=258&h=184]

From Rotoworld:
Speaking Monday, Browns coach Mike Pettine declined to guarantee that Josh McCown (ribs) will be ready for Thursday's game against the Bengals.
"(He's) sore, it’s difficult this week given that it’s a short week," Pettine said. "He’ll be day to day." McCown has played through myriad injuries this season, but sounds no better than 50-50 to start against Cincinnati. Nov 2 - 1:37 PM
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 01:40 PM)TreasureCoastBenGal Wrote: If the Bengals were smart, they would have spent the bye week break preparing for both the Steelers AND the Browns.  Last year's Thursday night game against the Browns was terrible, so along with prepping, maybe some of the guys can remember how bad that loss was last year -- and avenge it!

Marvin said as much in his presser today, how they used the bye week to look at Cleveland since they'd be on the short week.  Hopefully the hay's in the barn.

(11-02-2015, 03:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Browns will make this a much closer game than it should be.

I don't know how or why, but they always do.

I know what you're saying, Fred, and I'd usually agree.  But, this game just has a different vibe to it.  I don't believe it's going to be like the Bears game in '09 or that Jets game a season or two ago, but I expect them to come out and workman-like control this game from start to finish.  My ony fear is some injury clouding the night. 

(11-02-2015, 09:05 PM)tigershrimp Wrote: Let's talk about Midget Bowl II....
[Image: th?id=OIP.M4f40141fb1059eda328893a124dfe...=258&h=184]

From Rotoworld:
Speaking Monday, Browns coach Mike Pettine declined to guarantee that Josh McCown (ribs) will be ready for Thursday's game against the Bengals.
"(He's) sore, it’s difficult this week given that it’s a short week," Pettine said. "He’ll be day to day." McCown has played through myriad injuries this season, but sounds no better than 50-50 to start against Cincinnati. Nov 2 - 1:37 PM

So, it's almost Johnny Fartball time, eh?  Cool.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
One thing that I think is important is to get ahead early. Once we do that I think their "here we go again" mood will kick in. We can't let them hang around. Confidence in a football team is contagious.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
Female retired judge vs a fat hot dog concessions worker.

Concessions worker favored by 10
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:50 AM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Female retired judge vs a fat hot dog concessions worker.

That's such a bad commercial
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 12:50 AM)Blake2Pickens Wrote: Female retired judge vs a fat hot dog concessions worker.

They should use her as another means of pretending the NFL is pro-women by saying she's the one who threw the book at Jim Brown, or something.
Reply/Quote
Man i hope they dont start manziel. Could be in trouble. Manziel is probably furious about the last time we played and he wants revenge. Lets be on the safe side and hope that mccown is the starter
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:06 AM)Gohards Wrote: Man i hope they dont start manziel. Could be in trouble. Manziel is probably furious about the last time we played and he wants revenge. Lets be on the safe side and hope that mccown is the starter

Lol Manziel would get embarrassed again against us. I hope he does play so we can repeat what we did last year against a Manziel led Browns team.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:06 AM)Gohards Wrote: Man i hope they dont start manziel. Could be in trouble. Manziel is probably furious about the last time we played and he wants revenge. Lets be on the safe side and hope that mccown is the starter

I don't think he has the mental toughness for that.  

He was benched, started a couple of games, benched again, and could now be coming in on a short week.

The Bengals can take him. Easily.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:13 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't think he has the mental toughness for that.  

He was benched, started a couple of games, benched again, and could now be coming in on a short week.

The Bengals can take him. Easily.

Just something to think about, man. Think about it, what does johnny manziel have to lose? Mccown=mediocre. You know what your gonna get with him. Johnny manziel=unpredictable 
Reply/Quote