Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let's talk about the Browns
How'd that unpredictability work for him last year? Their defense is banged up and he has four days to get in sync with his offense. McCown, meanwhile, hasn't been playing bad.

I'd rather go Round Two with Johnny Benchwarmer.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:22 AM)Big Boss Wrote: How'd that unpredictability work for him last year?  Their defense is banged up and he has four days to get in sync with his offense.  McCown, meanwhile, hasn't been playing bad.  

If we went round 2 with him then he wouldnt be a benchwarmer he would be starting
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:22 AM)Big Boss Wrote: How'd that unpredictability work for him last year?  Their defense is banged up and he has four days to get in sync with his offense.  McCown, meanwhile, hasn't been playing bad.  

McCown can put up a 95 passer rating, but he isn't in his early 20s and doesn't run around like a moron so the Browns are fools for playing him. Ninja
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:19 AM)Gohards Wrote: Just something to think about, man. Think about it, what does johnny manziel have to lose? Mccown=mediocre. You know what your gonna get with him. Johnny manziel=unpredictable 

McCown is the 12th ranked QB in the NFL after 7 starts and you're seriously scared he might not be able to play and we'll have to face a bust who plays a game that has 0 chance of translating to the NFL?  I don't get it.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are going to destroy the Browns. Division rival, whatever. The Bengals will win this by at least 2 TDs.

8-0
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
No doubt we should win. BUT:

1) Divisional game, no such thing as an easy one of those.

2) Browns do have some talented playmakers. I'm most worried about the TE Barnidge, and their very under-utilized pass catching RB Duke Johnson. TE and pass catchers out of the backfield always stick out in my mind of positions that shine against us.

3) The shortest of weeks.

Again, no doubt we are more talented at most (if not all) positions, but I hope this team keeps playing tough and gets another divisional win
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:23 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: No doubt we should win. BUT:

2) Browns do have some talented playmakers. I'm most worried about the TE Barnidge, and their very under-utilized pass catching RB Duke Johnson. TE and pass catchers out of the backfield always stick out in my mind of positions that shine against us.

Again, no doubt we are more talented at most (if not all) positions, but I hope this team keeps playing tough and gets another divisional win

Exactly. When it comes down to it, yes the browns are the browns. But this game is no gimme. 
Reply/Quote
If we run the ball and play good defense then we will crush them. If we throw the ball a ton and forget about Hill and Benard then we will lose or it will be much closer then we want it to be.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 11:11 AM)bengals73 Wrote: I wouldn't mind getting B. Mingo..  - He'd be a nice addition to our LB corp 

He is not as good as our worst linebacker
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:19 AM)Gohards Wrote: Just something to think about, man. Think about it, what does johnny manziel have to lose? Mccown=mediocre. You know what your gonna get with him. Johnny manziel=unpredictable 

Nah.  Manziel is pretty predictable.  He suxx.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:23 AM)CKwi88 Wrote: No doubt we should win. BUT:

They are on a short week too after suffering another mind numbing disappointment on Sunday.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
The best chance for us to win is if Manziel starts at QB. McCown has played pretty well and, though fighting through injuries, he still has played pretty well.

Manziel, besides looking like a bust, would not get a full week of starter reps in practice to get ready AND considering Pettine is going to make us wait 'til Thursday to see who starts, that'll probably mean that both QBs will split reps during a short week.

Either way, we should benefit, but it would really help us win if Manziel starts (assuming he doesn't come in channeling the ghost of the still-living Doug Flutie)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Even though it's prime time, I'm glad it's against the Brownies. It's a good game to warm up to the spotlight (as if we haven't been in it yet).

I'm optimistic considering their injuries and they're having a fire sale. Lots of people are pointing to the fact of the short week. But don't forget, they have one too. Arizona and Palmer put on a clinic against them Sunday. We're winning this game.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:06 AM)Gohards Wrote: Man i hope they dont start manziel. Could be in trouble. Manziel is probably furious about the last time we played and he wants revenge. Lets be on the safe side and hope that mccown is the starter

Smack

(It's for your own good.)
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 02:15 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: The Bengals are going to destroy the Browns.  Division rival, whatever.  The Bengals will win this by at least 2 TDs.

8-0

Yeah, this one isn't going to be close.

Half of their starting secondary is injured, a grand total of zero of our weapons on offense are injured. I'll gladly watch the Andy show on Thursday against some backups on an already underperforming defense.

Get ready for a laughable blowout if Manziel starts. Yikes.
Reply/Quote
There is no excuse for this game to even be close. The talent levels on these 2 teams couldn't be further apart. Any as has already been said their half decent players are out injured. This should be a comfortable 2 + TD win if we want to be taken seriously.
Reply/Quote
Whos down for trolling the Browns boards?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2015, 09:17 AM)corpjet Wrote: Half their team may be traded before Thursday, I think the Browns will take any serious offers on Mack, J Thomas, Kruger and more.
The Broncos offered the Browns their first round pick next year for Joe Thomas but the Browns declined the offer. As for Alex Mack it is unlikely he will be traded because he has a no trade clause in his contract and he would have to approve who he was traded to. As for Kruger I honestly do not see anyone trading for him with his contract and his below average production this year. Also there is talk of Mingo being shopped to. Honestly if there was a way to get Mack from them I would do it because I think he would waive his no trade clause to go to a winning team and a division rival. Plus this would strengthen what is possibly our biggest weakness on the team in the center position. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 01:05 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: The Broncos offered the Browns their first round pick next year for Joe Thomas but the Browns declined the offer. As for Alex Mack it is unlikely he will be traded because he has a no trade clause in his contract and he would have to approve who he was traded to. As for Kruger I honestly do not see anyone trading for him with his contract and his below average production this year. Also there is talk of Mingo being shopped to. Honestly if there was a way to get Mack from them I would do it because I think he would waive his no trade clause to go to a winning team and a division rival. Plus this would strengthen what is possibly our biggest weakness on the team in the center position. Who Dey

all for mack... Not sure what they would want... But a late 1st wasnt enough for thomas..
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 10:13 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Yeah, this one isn't going to be close.

Half of their starting secondary is injured, a grand total of zero of our weapons on offense are injured. I'll gladly watch the Andy show on Thursday against some backups on an already underperforming defense.

Get ready for a laughable blowout if Manziel starts. Yikes.

Thank you.  This game should not be remotely close.  Their starting receivers and best defensive backs are in the concussion protocol. Their starting quarterback is dealing with multiple injuries.  And they are trying to trade their best offensive linemen.  This team is not in an admirable situation right now... and for everyone saying "but it's a Thursday night game on short rest", guess what... they are playing on the same amount of rest.
Reply/Quote