Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Let the cuts begin
Is Carter in trouble? Can Johnson play 3t. He built like he can rush from the inside. Carter has been in there but hasn’t flashed.

If we trying to keep Johnson I don’t think sample or Ossiai have anything to worry about.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 07:58 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: 1)  I would say 9 and keep some O-line guys like Ben Brown on the practice squad in case.

2)  Ford is the worst lineman we have so he needs to go.  With Scharping showing he can play Center as well as Guard, Hill is expendable filling the same role as Scharping but worse.  Also, when you look at Hill's PFF grade this preseason, it's horrible.  He had a worse PFF grade than Kirkland.  Time to move on from Hill.  

3)  Adeniji as backup RT, Carman as backup LT.  Smith can look good at times, bad at times and then gets hurt.  I would cut Smith & maybe sign him to the PS.

4)  Ford is horrible.  We can find someone better on the waiver wire.

Right now I would go with Brown, Volson, Karras, Cappa and Williams with Carman, Adeniji and Scharping as backups.  Pickup 1 or 2 guys from the waiver wire or just roll with Ben Brown as your 9th O lineman.

I agree that the backup OT options (Carman, Smith, Adeniji) are way better than the IOL ones (Scharping, Ford, Hill). And that is not counting Collins. 

To me, how the reserve OL spits shake out is the biggest mystery that could go a number of different ways. The other spots are pretty striaghtforward choices. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 08:41 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I agree that the backup OT options (Carman, Smith, Adeniji) are way better than the IOL ones (Scharping, Ford, Hill). And that is not counting Collins. 

To me, how the reserve OL spits shake out is the biggest mystery that could go a number of different ways. The other spots are pretty striaghtforward choices. 

Also if you only go 8 linemen on the initial 53 man roster that opens up roster spots for other positions for a guy like Johnson III.  After Johnson is safe and cant be claimed you could then place Ossai on the 4 week IR for his high ankle sprain which would open a spot for another offensive lineman.

Nobody is going to claim Hill or Smith so use that roster spot for someone else until Ossai gets put on the IR.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 08:59 PM)007BengalsFan Wrote: Also if you only go 8 linemen on the initial 53 man roster that opens up roster spots for other positions for a guy like Johnson III.  After Johnson is safe and cant be claimed you could then place Ossai on the 4 week IR for his high ankle sprain which would open a spot for another offensive lineman.

Nobody is going to claim Ford, Hill or Smith so use that roster spot for someone else until Ossai gets put on the IR.

I like this train of thought. 

6. Collins (PUP) 
6. Carman, LT 
7. Scharping, OG/C 
----------- 
Brown vs Adeniji vs Smith for #8. But I am scanning the waiver wire.  

Agree that Ford, Smith, Hill,,Adeniji, Brown, Gilliam, & Kirkland are extremely unlikely to be claimed. Ford is a vested vet, anyway. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 09:08 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I like this train of thought. 

6. Collins (PUP) 
6. Carman, LT 
7. Scharping, OG/C 
----------- 
Brown vs Adeniji vs Smith for #8. But I am scanning the waiver wire.  

Agree that Ford, Smith, Hill,,Adeniji, Brown, Gilliam, & Kirkland are extremely unlikely to be claimed. Ford is a vested vet, anyway. 

I realized Ford was vested after I initially posted but he has been so bad I dont see how he would make the team anyway.  If another team signed him, everyone would be OK with that.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 07:41 PM)pally Wrote: The Bengals are among a handful of teams who have made no announcements concerning the roster. Nothing has even leaked from the players themselves or their agents.

It always seemed to me the Bengals were much later than other teams when it came to cuts. Been that way for years. Other teams with 4-7 players and Bengals maybe one. Could be a good thing, like good players making decisions very difficult, but I swear it has been near the deadlines a lot.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 08:26 PM)jj22 Wrote: Is Carter in trouble? Can Johnson play 3t. He built like he can rush from the inside. Carter has been in there but hasn’t flashed.

If we trying to keep Johnson I don’t think sample or Ossiai have anything to worry about.

Yes and yes. Since Carter didn’t challenge Sample, Tufele, or Tupou’s spots i think he’s in a battle but i don’t foresee us putting him on the PS. You might as well give him away for free cause he’s gone if he even sniffs the ps.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2023, 03:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Agreed.

Hudson just looked like an actual receiver out there, not a clunky robot like a lot of TEs do.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Former Bengals pick/Buckeye Michael Jordan got cut. Unfortunately this is who Carmen reminds me of so far. Good size and talent but just doesn’t translate to performance.
Reply/Quote