Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lets Face It, Losing Jones and Sanu Hurts
(03-18-2016, 05:31 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'd have an easier time with that had Marvin Jones barely factored into our 2015 passing game, but he had 65 receptions and over 800 yards.  Interestingly, the Steelers are facing a similiar loss at WR with Bryant being suspended for the year.  Sure, they can say that they can easily replace his production because they have Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell but even with other options both Jones and Bryant factored pretty heavily into the offensive production.

I guess I'm a bit gunshy because I've seen people around here claim that anyone can succeed with AJ/Chad getting all the attention and/or it didn't matter who our RB was because our line was so good at run-blocking etc.  Actually, it's ALMOST the time of year where we start to declare our WR corps the best in the NFL and talk about how opposing DC's are going to face a task unlike any the NFL has ever seen trying to defend against our passing attack.

We shall see!

I hear you, and I'm not trying to suggest Marvin was some schmuck we can replace with any warm body. I just think it's easier to find a guy when they won't have to face the scrutiny some other number twos face (I think Marvin and Sanu are going to find their jobs much tougher this year). I also think the pressure on the replacement guy can be eased a bit with Jeremy Hill busting his ass to redeem himself, and some two tight end formations with Kroft... In the end, I don't think we need to find a 65 reception replacement. I think a 50 reception replacement will see the offense continue to hum... I hope. :)

We have a lot of quality shoulders to ease the load a bit.
Reply/Quote