Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lets Face It, Losing Jones and Sanu Hurts
(03-11-2016, 01:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: My dad pointed out that Gresham is available Tongue

what about jerome simpson?
Reply/Quote
Definitely hurts our WR depth. Dont see how that can be argued. Only hope at this point is cross fingers that someone like Wright or Alford can step up. I dont like any of the free agents unless someone gets cut, and very slim chance a rookie in 2nd or 3rd round will be able to step right in.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Kept the most important Jones, though. Bengals can get by without Marvin a heck of a lot easier than getting by without Adam.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 10:01 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't think so.

We are replacing a #2 WR not a #1.  I doubt we use a first roiund pick on a #2 WR.

except our # 1 is now in his 6th year and it may be time to groom a top pick WR.....and all this #2, #2....do you really think you can line up with just 1 WR...Didn't that butt whipping Bengals took in play-offs at Indy tell us anything......Not only would I use a # 1 but also a # 2 at WR because if we want Super Bowl, THIS just became our weak area. ......Because of AJ Greens age and because of losing Jones and Sanu and because we should be talking Super Bowl and not last place draft choice next year.....The situation forces Bengals to go WR hot and heavy. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 12:16 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Kept the most important Jones, though. Bengals can get by without Marvin a heck of a lot easier than getting by without Adam.
Your opinion....it remains to be seen....I could mention Burfict and Pacman imploding and giving play-off game away......this remains to be seen....but don't let the Jones'es get you down. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 11:52 AM)Garrus Wrote: No, I just know what positions the Bengals value. They would rather take a money position (CB) in the first, then use the 2nd to fill out their needs. I'm not saying I would agree, just saying that's what I think they are going to do. I mean they could take a WR in the first, they did try and resign MLJ hard it seems, so maybe they will value it come April.

If Bengals don't address WR and take a CB.....having talent across the board won't mean jack because we will be to weak at WR in NFL, and not only won't we go play-offs, but we could be headed back to 4 win type season considering upcoming schedule......and that would be a total waste of the talent at D line and across the board except now at WR.  
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2016, 12:06 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Also Hewitt has made some good catches in the passing game... maybe some 3 te sets are a coming.

OUCH.....Welcome back to last place......
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 12:19 AM)kevin Wrote: except our # 1 is now in his 6th year and it may be time to groom a top pick WR.....and all this #2, #2....do you really think you can line up with just 1 WR...Didn't that butt whipping Bengals took in play-offs at Indy tell us anything......[B]Not only would I use a # 1 but also a # 2 at WR [B/] because if we want Super Bowl, THIS just became our weak area. ......Because of AJ Greens age and because of losing Jones and Sanu and because we should be talking Super Bowl and not last place draft choice next year.....The situation forces Bengals to go WR hot and heavy. 

We're a couple drafts too late for all that with this receiving class.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2016, 12:30 AM)kevin Wrote: Your opinion....it remains to be seen....I could mention Burfict and Pacman imploding and giving play-off game away......this remains to be seen....but don't let the Jones'es get you down. 

I could mention Adam shutting down a Steelers offense that was highly ranked in order to keep it close despite the Bengals scoring 0 points in the first 3 quarters, and then Burfict having a sack that took out Ben (which allowed the Bengals to get back in it) and two turnovers including an INT to seal the game so long as Hill uses two hands.

PS: You really need to use multiquote man, 4 posts by you in the thread in a row is pretty ridiculous.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Bengals.com :  Cris Collinsworth predicts the Bengals will use their #1 pick on Will Fuller, Notre Dame, a teammate of son Austin. " With 4.27 speed, Fullers is one of the fastest players I've seen lately in college football.  He consistently runs by people who have been coached all week not to let him get past the defense. Even against the best competition, he catches a deep ball every game. He's also broken big plays on quick screens, mostly running against the grain across the field. He's not very big and has more than his share of drops, but when teams double AJ Green, they will have major problems trying to cover Fuller one on one. ".............So Collinsworth has seen a lot of this Fuller because of his son. That is a good scouting job by an ex Bengal who knows something about WR. ....Plus on WLW Collinsworth would say who he thought Bengals should draft in 1990's, and more often than not, his choices ended up All Pro and who Bengals took ended up All Nothing. ....Add in we would have Notre Dame Fuller and Notre Dame Eifert and AJ Green......If they double on AJ Green, Eifert and Fuller will give defenses problems.......I hope Bengals value the opinion of Cris Collinsworth of Bengals only 2 Super Bowls, they should.  If he says this kid has it, he has it, draft him and get him in here.......Collinsworth knows Bengals and Collinsworth knows WR's, so the owners and coaches need to consider his opinion on this.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:23 PM)kevin Wrote: Bengals.com :  Cris Collinsworth predicts the Bengals will use their #1 pick on Will Fuller, Notre Dame, a teammate of son Austin. " With 4.27 speed, Fullers is one of the fastest players I've seen lately in college football.  He consistently runs by people who have been coached all week not to let him get past the defense. Even against the best competition, he catches a deep ball every game. He's also broken big plays on quick screens, mostly running against the grain across the field. He's not very big and has more than his share of drops, but when teams double AJ Green, they will have major problems trying to cover Fuller one on one. ".............So Collinsworth has seen a lot of this Fuller because of his son. That is a good scouting job by an ex Bengal who knows something about WR. ....Plus on WLW Collinsworth would say who he thought Bengals should draft in 1990's, and more often than not, his choices ended up All Pro and who Bengals took ended up All Nothing. ....Add in we would have Notre Dame Fuller and Notre Dame Eifert and AJ Green......If they double on AJ Green, Eifert and Fuller will give defenses problems.......I hope Bengals value the opinion of Cris Collinsworth of Bengals only 2 Super Bowls, they should.  If he says this kid has it, he has it, draft him and get him in here.......Collinsworth knows Bengals and Collinsworth knows WR's, so the owners and coaches need to consider his opinion on this.

Not so much worried about their College. but more them fitting into our system.
We have a burner in Alford (or preceived to be a burner)

and i dont understand your comment that letting hewitt catch a few passes puts us in last place? this is our division now. And whats not to like about a big TE that makes catches and gets extra yards. Better than throwing it to an OT
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:53 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Not so much worried about their College.  but more them fitting into our system.
We have a burner in Alford (or preceived to be a burner)

and i dont understand your comment that letting hewitt catch a few passes puts us in last place?   this is our division now.  And whats not to like about a big TE that makes catches and gets extra yards.  Better than throwing it to an OT

I'm not against Hewitt.....but I'm against thinking Hewitt can replace or has the speed of Jones or Sanu.......Collinsworth says Fuller has NFL speed and NFL game, and he should know......so get Fuller in here. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 05:59 PM)kevin Wrote: I'm not against Hewitt.....but I'm against thinking Hewitt can replace or has the speed of Jones or Sanu.......Collinsworth says Fuller has NFL speed and NFL game, and he should know......so get Fuller in here. 

Kroft can replace Sanus speed.

Never suggested Hewitt replacing Jones that will be Alford or an unknown at this point to push the field.

fuller sounds like a al davis pick super fast but cant catch very well. would have to see other scouting reports. and what round to grab him in
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2016, 06:02 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Kroft can replace Sanus speed.

Never suggested Hewitt replacing Jones that will be Alford or an unknown at this point to push the field.

fuller sounds like a al davis pick super fast but cant catch very well. would have to see other scouting reports.  and what round to grab him in
I'll go with Bengals All Pro and 2 Super Bowls Cris Collinsworth......On WLW he was very good at judging draft pick talent also.......If Collinsworth says he has seen this kid a lot and this kid Fuller has it, to me, that is one hell of a good scouting report Bengals front office should listen to and consider.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Losing Jones and Sanu hurts. Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing, but it hurts.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 03:30 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Maybe not as much as jumping on a bicycle with the seat missing

No pain, no gain.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2016, 10:50 AM)fredtoast Wrote: No pain, no gain.

You know what they say:  No anal trauma no gain-al trauma.
Reply/Quote
I don't really think it hurts that much. Paying the two 15 million, now that hurts
Reply/Quote
Damn few teams in the NFL have an AJ Green caliber receiver on their team. Damn few teams have a Tyler Eifert caliber tight end on their team. Almost no other team in the league has both, and a couple of solid running backs... I liked Marvin Jones, but we can replace his production.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2016, 02:14 PM)gobobro Wrote: Damn few teams in the NFL have an AJ Green caliber receiver on their team. Damn few teams have a Tyler Eifert caliber tight end on their team. Almost no other team in the league has both, and a couple of solid running backs... I liked Marvin Jones, but we can replace his production.

I'd have an easier time with that had Marvin Jones barely factored into our 2015 passing game, but he had 65 receptions and over 800 yards.  Interestingly, the Steelers are facing a similiar loss at WR with Bryant being suspended for the year.  Sure, they can say that they can easily replace his production because they have Antonio Brown and LeVeon Bell but even with other options both Jones and Bryant factored pretty heavily into the offensive production.

I guess I'm a bit gunshy because I've seen people around here claim that anyone can succeed with AJ/Chad getting all the attention and/or it didn't matter who our RB was because our line was so good at run-blocking etc.  Actually, it's ALMOST the time of year where we start to declare our WR corps the best in the NFL and talk about how opposing DC's are going to face a task unlike any the NFL has ever seen trying to defend against our passing attack.

We shall see!
Reply/Quote