Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Lets add more concern, DT is a real issue
(03-11-2022, 04:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've seen his rumored price tag all over the place . I think the thread with the chart had him around 7mil on another 1 year deal? 

If the injury is truly significant, you'd think it would drop his price tag even further than BJ Hill's. 

I hadn't heard anything about him frustrating the coaches. If that's the case, then I'd say it's a moot point. Seems this staff is pretty much no nonsense on things like that. From a strength vs weakness standpoint, I'd give Larry an edge. Splash plays are nice. QB sacks are cool. Recovered fumbles in the opponent's backfield is cool, but so are INTs, lol. I agree BJ did it for four weeks. Can he do that for 17-21? He hasn't this far in his career.

If the money is close, the injury is healed, and we can afford one while fixing oline, Ogunjobi would be my pick. I noticed him disrupting a lot of plays up the gut with Reader last year that didn't make the stat sheet. I REALLY liked that duo. BJ played well too, not trying to knock him.

Excellent take.

Reply/Quote
If they take another edge rusher in the 2022 draft I wonder if they will get Cameron Sample to put on another 10 to 15 lbs and play some IDL.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 04:16 PM)Synric Wrote: If they take another edge rusher in the 2022 draft I wonder if they will get Cameron Sample to put on another 10 to 15 lbs and play some IDL.

I keep hearing this as well, could be just what he needs and be a huge help for us.  

Him and Ossai taking big steps would be huge.  Carmen as well.  Those 3 could be real assets...

Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 04:16 PM)Synric Wrote: If they take another edge rusher in the 2022 draft I wonder if they will get Cameron Sample to put on another 10 to 15 lbs and play some IDL.

Starting  5 Technique  next season  + nickle DT next season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-11-2022, 04:08 PM)Wyche Wrote: I've seen his rumored price tag all over the place . I think the thread with the chart had him around 7mil on another 1 year deal? 

If the injury is truly significant, you'd think it would drop his price tag even further than BJ Hill's. 

I hadn't heard anything about him frustrating the coaches. If that's the case, then I'd say it's a moot point. Seems this staff is pretty much no nonsense on things like that. From a strength vs weakness standpoint, I'd give Larry an edge. Splash plays are nice. QB sacks are cool. Recovered fumbles in the opponent's backfield is cool, but so are INTs, lol. I agree BJ did it for four weeks. Can he do that for 17-21? He hasn't this far in his career.

If the money is close, the injury is healed, and we can afford one while fixing oline, Ogunjobi would be my pick. I noticed him disrupting a lot of plays up the gut with Reader last year that didn't make the stat sheet. I REALLY liked that duo. BJ played well too, not trying to knock him.

Good argument for Ogunjobi Wyche. ThumbsUp

Still want BJ Hill extended more but would be happy either way.

(03-11-2022, 04:08 PM)Wyche Wrote:  How dare you?!?!?!  Mellow

Hey man, it happens. Mellow
Reply/Quote

Nice thought. Really like Cam Sample. Think he was underrated last year as a rookie. I saw him make a lot of plays that didn't
show up on the stat sheet. Closing holes in the run game that led to TFL for someone else etc.
Reply/Quote
I see that the Bears are releasing DT Eddie Goldman. Maybe he is someone that the Bengals will be interested in.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2022, 09:04 AM)bwh Wrote: I see that the Bears are releasing DT Eddie Goldman. Maybe he is someone that the Bengals will be interested in.

Goldman is considered a NT, so unfortunately not the type of player we need. If he could play 3T, maybe but he is supposed to have a flush market going after him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Tim Settle as the 2nd guy with BJ Hill, played behind some real dogs that eat, but this young guy is good as well, get him cheap most likely short term because he will want a shot at a big time contract soon.

Reply/Quote