Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lets talk Defense
We all know Lou sucks so I dont want this to turn into a fire Lou tread because we all want that. However I really like Covington. Someone forgot to tell him he is a fat guy and not suppose to be making play sideline to sideline. I also really like what I see from Wilson. He isnt on the field much but when he is he seems to make thing happen. You cant teach the instincts he has. I would love to see him get more reps. On his sack he had rb coverage in the flat but saw the rb blocking and rather than standing around he took off at the qb getting our only sack of the day.
We are also not getting any pass rush other than Lawson. Should we use the speedy new lbs more to get some pressure on the qbs? I think we need to dial up some more manufactured pressure.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I figured Henry would run wild today....I think they had a good plan and it was executed well today. Credit where it's due.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:01 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I figured Henry would run wild today....I think they had a good plan and it was executed well today. Credit where it's due.

I mean, he did have 112 yds 6.2 average...

Reply/Quote
The D seemed to play with more energy today. They got some pressure for a change. I do think Carlos finally being gone helped a bit but the guys played a good game against a very good offense today.

It was a team effort, but Bell was on fire. He played really good. He stood out to me for sure. My hats off to the D today. They did their job and helped us get a win.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:01 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I figured Henry would run wild today....I think they had a good plan and it was executed well today. Credit where it's due.

They had 218 rushing yards. We got run all over but was able to get off the field a few times on 3rd. Offense kept the pressure on which helped.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:04 PM)bengaloo Wrote: The D seemed to play with more energy today. They got some pressure for a change. I do think Carlos finally being gone helped a bit but the guys played a good game against a very good offense today.

It was a team effort, but Bell was on fire. He played really good. He stood out to me for sure. My hats off to the D today. They did their job and helped us get a win.

Definitely Bell’s best game as a Bengal. I’ve been disappointed by him so far this season, but both safeties were lights out today.

Reply/Quote
Defense was not good. However, they did make a few key plays to allow us to hold on to our lead and extend our lead. The Bates pick was huge. If he didn't make that play, the Titans likely score a TD (go up 7-3) and we are looking at more of a shootout type game. They made a few keys stops. If they can play at this level, we can win a lot of games (assuming our offense isn't struggling like they did against the Ravens).
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:06 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Definitely Bell’s best game as a Bengal. I’ve been disappointed by him so far this season, but both safeties were lights out today.

Agreed. Bell has been a good tackler but he finally showed some cover ability today and it made a difference. He needs to keep that up. And of course Bates is having an All Pro caliber season. Loving it. Wish we had Waynes back there. I can imagine he would only help the D backfield be even better.
Reply/Quote
Got lucky that the Titans kept trying to pass early on.

They only had their RBs run 27 times despite them getting 198 yards on those carries.

Had something that was working and tried to fix it.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
How do the linebackers look this year? Slight improvement or can we really see solid vets who can hold the position down for the next 10 years for the franchise? I hope we don't have to consider drafting linebackers again in the next couple years (at least as starter level players).
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:19 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: How do the linebackers look this year? Slight improvement or can we really see solid vets who can hold the position down for the next 10 years for the franchise? I hope we don't have to consider drafting linebackers again in the next couple years (at least as starter level players).

I like Logan Wilson a good bit. He had a nice play on the sack. Great instincts.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:19 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: How do the linebackers look this year? Slight improvement or can we really see solid vets who can hold the position down for the next 10 years for the franchise? I hope we don't have to consider drafting linebackers again in the next couple years (at least as starter level players).

I think we have something in Wilson. ADG has been kind of disappointing tbh.

Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:04 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I mean, he did have 112 yds 6.2 average...

Yeah, and the Foreman/McNichols backup crew was gashing them with ease, too.  The tackling attempts on the Brown TD were an unfunny joke.  
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:19 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: How do the linebackers look this year? Slight improvement or can we really see solid  vets who can hold the position down for the next 10 years for the franchise? I hope we don't have to consider drafting linebackers again in the next couple years (at least as starter level players).

I'd take Micah Parsons if he was available to us in the first.  He's the kind of unit-defining playmaker that our defense lacks.  The edge players at the top end of the draft are a crapshoot this year, anyway.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:26 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd take Micah Parsons if he was available to us in the first.  He's the kind of unit-defining playmaker that our defense lacks.  The edge players at the top end of the draft are a crapshoot this year, anyway.

The way WJ3 looked today I wouldn’t mind Surtain. Especially if Jackson is looking for a huge payday.

Reply/Quote
The D obviously made some nice plays but man it irks me to no end how quickly they will give up scores when we have a sizeable lead. When we developed sizeable leads the Titans scored in a matter of 2:35 and 1:34. I mean when you are up at least make them work and eat up clock in order to score. They make it interesting when a game should be put away.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The way WJ3 looked today I wouldn’t mind Surtain. Especially if Jackson is looking for a huge payday.

I think he'll absolutely be looking for a big payday.  Bad year to be due for one, but he's a young, athletic corner, so he might get one.  I saw someone projecting him getting 6 mil a year.  To that I say good luck.  Someone will give him 12 or 13 no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: I like Logan Wilson a good bit. He had a nice play on the sack. Great instincts.

(11-01-2020, 10:24 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think we have something in Wilson. ADG has been kind of disappointing tbh.

It's good to know we have one lb spot in good hands. I only saw him in the Ravens game, but other than getting a deflected pick, I don't think I saw him do too much, but I might be nitpicking here. Especially compared to the lb play we've seen in previous years.

(11-01-2020, 10:26 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd take Micah Parsons if he was available to us in the first.  He's the kind of unit-defining playmaker that our defense lacks.  The edge players at the top end of the draft are a crapshoot this year, anyway.

I think I'd have to see some real free agency investments in the OL and DL, before I'd want a lb in the first round, but then again, if he's the next Ray lewis, or Urlacher or Patrick Willis, then I wouldn't mind. But I'd want someone on that level, if we're not going OL or DL. I'd rather get a top notch OT to make sure Burrow is protected. Overdo it a bit even just for next year, and then build the rest of the team after that.
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2020, 10:19 PM)masterpanthera_t Wrote: How do the linebackers look this year? Slight improvement or can we really see solid  vets who can hold the position down for the next 10 years for the franchise? I hope we don't have to consider drafting linebackers again in the next couple years (at least as starter level players).

Both have had their moments. It's hard to judge because they usually only play on third downs and special teams.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
The Offense really helped the defense a lot in this game.I think the time of possession was fairly lopsided.
Reply/Quote