Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lewis Out!!
Is it April? Where’s Ashton? Ok, there’s a whammy coming right? Lol. Good luck Marv. Wish you nothing but the best.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:27 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: That’s what the 11am meeting with Hue was probably about. An interview.

As long as the interview was for offensive coordinator I’m not going to complain — but this is the fastest I’ve ever seen Mike Brown move.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:31 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: As long as the interview was for offensive coordinator I’m not going to complain — but this is the fastest I’ve ever seen Mike Brown move.

Maybe there’s an angry mob outside PBS with pitchforks and torches?

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:19 PM)McC Wrote: Wonder if anyone calls Marvin.

Absolutely he will get a call.  Sadly, if for no other reason than to fulfill the Rooney rule.  At a minimum I see him as a DC somewhere, possibly even Pittsburgh where Butler is on shaky ground an could find himself unemployed

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Christmas came late this year, but it came just the same. Good luck in your future Marvin, thanks for the memories.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:12 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I wish it was Mike Brown who has been the problem for the past 30 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish we needed to breathe air in order to live. Oh wait....
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Amazing how people are saying we need to break from the past, N0 Hue, No Joseph, No Gruden but Yes to Zimmer... sorry makes no sense Zimmer worked with Marvin for a long time, he is old school as Marvin. defense minded as Marvin.... Conservative as Marvin... had zero success in playoffs while DC coach here, and has been so so in Minnesota..
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:33 PM)pally Wrote: Absolutely he will get a call.  Sadly, if for no other reason than to fulfill the Rooney rule.  At a minimum I see him as a DC somewhere, possibly even Pittsburgh where Butler is on shaky ground an could find himself unemployed

If Marvin is the DC in Pittsburgh then Dalton can stare him down on the sideline ala Baker the d-bag when we beat them.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Amazing how people are saying we need to break from the past, N0 Hue, No Joseph, No Gruden but Yes to Zimmer... sorry makes no sense Zimmer worked with Marvin for a long time, he is old school as Marvin. defense minded as Marvin.... Conservative as Marvin... had zero success in playoffs while DC coach here, and has been so so in Minnesota..

I mean he did win a playoff game and made it to the NFC championship in his 3rd or 4th year?? That's not too shabby. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:35 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If Marvin is the DC in Pittsburgh then Dalton can stare him down on the sideline ala Baker the d-bag when we beat them.

I was hoping someone from the ravens would stare down mayfield after he threw that 4th down pick to seal the loss.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:30 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Believe me, I know all too well it could.

Having said that, Piano Man is gone, Zampese, and now Marvin.  Almost 60 years of combined tenure has been shown the door in a year and a half. That's SO "un-Mike Brown".

Agreed. Something must be up? I just don’t see a guy his age changing drastically unless the Doc told him it was either time to write a bucket list, or he’s already passed and this is his body-double instilled by the family to try and salvage the family name.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 12:23 PM)thillan Wrote: Vance had absolute turds for QB for his 2 seasons, and his team had barely any talent on the offensive side. I don't think it would be the best hire, and I'm not rooting for it myself, but I also don't think it's fair to say he can't take a team to a playoff run yet.

The Broncos won with Tebow and Trevor Siemien (sp?) at QB. They fell off because the defense (and offense, really) fell off under Vance.

The dude is not a good coach. He really wasn't a good DC either. O-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: Believe me, I know all too well it could.

Having said that, Piano Man is gone, Zampese, and now Marvin.  Almost 60 years of combined tenure has been shown the door in a year and a half. That's SO "un-Mike Brown".

At the very least, we will get something new to discuss on the Board.

Rehashing Marvin related topics over and over again can hopefully fade away.

Everyone will have to buck up on New Material that relates to the New Head Coach & decide what angles to take in support or dislike for the New guy Mike chooses.

Marvin's biggest defender on the Board will have to find a new purpose in life.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:35 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Amazing how people are saying we need to break from the past, N0 Hue, No Joseph, No Gruden but Yes to Zimmer... sorry makes no sense Zimmer worked with Marvin for a long time, he is old school as Marvin. defense minded as Marvin.... Conservative as Marvin... had zero success in playoffs while DC coach here, and has been so so in Minnesota..

He's done quite well in Minnesota. If his franchise didn't drink in the Kirk Koolaid they'd probably have had a much more productive season this year.

I'd take Zimmer in a heartbeat. We should be so lucky. 
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
cheap and easy route is Hue which is Mikeys MO., but I am hopeful because they didn't announce him at same time as taking it over.....IM OK wth Hue as an OC though. I pray for a young...Sean McVay type of coach OR a respectable guy like McCarthy which we all know WILL NOT HAPPEN.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: I was hoping someone from the ravens would stare down mayfield after he threw that 4th down pick to seal the loss.

The Bengals should have sent Hue to the Ravens/Browns game to do just that...
Reply/Quote

I think of him more as a Parcells guy, but fair points. I definitely prefer an offensive wiz with no previous ties to the Bengals.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:38 PM)Beaker Wrote: I was hoping someone from the ravens would stare down mayfield after he threw that 4th down pick to seal the loss.

I'm sure all of Steeler nation was staring.
Reply/Quote

That was a great play by Mosley he fell off after blitzing and being blocked. That one really wasn't on Mayfield, almost every QB would make that throw. Mahomes made a similar throw in the Patriots game where Hightower blitzed then fell off and picked him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 01:40 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Bengals should have sent Hue to the Ravens/Browns game to do just that...

It would be great if they would send hue to baltimore.  Ninja
Reply/Quote