Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Lewis Out!!
(12-31-2018, 02:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: I bet stephen a smith will be happy today.

That's the only down side.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:18 PM)Beaker Wrote: I bet stephen a smith will be happy today.

I am awaiting the video. Cant wait. I always enjoyed his Marvin Lewis rants.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:05 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: You can't take one away and then not grant him the other. And even if that play doesn't go for a TD they'd set themselves up for a chance at a FG.

Look, I know today is a bad day for you, but don't make logic and common sense the collateral damage here.  

Ok so you can say the same about lack of our success in playoffs with Defense under Zimmer.. you can;t say he was a great coach as a DC but lets excuse how we played in the playoffs that is no different than well he won in playoffs but it was a fluke. .  With Zimmer as DC opposing teams averaged over 175 yards rushing a game.. so you are correct don;t make logic and common sense the collateral damage here. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:11 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Aaron Rodgers is 10-12-1 over the last two seasons.

So who are these QBs who can win without taklent around them?

Yeah, Dalton has never had talent around him lol

This is a happy day, and your trolling will not ruin it.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:16 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: To say the offense was "playing well" early in the year is a bit of a stretch. They had some moments but I'm not so sure they had any sustained "playing well" ?

Correct. The OL still was crap. Our WR corp was slim and our offensive game plan was just ok. Comeback wins are great to experience, but are not where you want to put yourself each week.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:22 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Correct. The OL still was crap. Our WR corp was slim and our offensive game plan was just ok. Comeback wins are great to experience, but are not where you want to put yourself each week.

And don't forget who it was the wins came against.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:23 PM)McC Wrote: And don't forget who it was the wins came against.

Indy is a playoff team. 

The ravens are a playoff team.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No it doesn't.  Next year Dalton will make at least $10 million less than those top 5 did this year.

So if we draft Haskins at 11 he’ll make more money than Dalton?

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:21 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Ok so you can say the same about lack of our success in playoffs with Defense under Zimmer.. you can;t say he was a great coach as a DC but lets excuse how we played in the playoffs that is no different than well he won in playoffs but it was a fluke. .  With Zimmer as DC opposing teams averaged over 175 yards rushing a game.. so you are correct don;t make logic and common sense the collateral damage here. 

Zimmer was a fantastic DC when he was here. No one disputes that. And you're comparing games he DC'd here to games in which he was a HC. These are apples and bananas. 

Ok, so you don't want Zimmer. Probably has no chance of happening anyway. But we could (and may well) do a lot worse.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:07 PM)Bengal Ben Wrote: I'm late to the party yet man has this been long overdue. Finally. I also think Hue will NOT be selected as the next coach of the Cincinnati Bengals.

I wholeheartedly agree. My feeling is today’s meeting between Hue Jackson and Mike Brown might have had to do more with Hue’s opinion on who Mike should interview vice an interview for Hue himself. Mike isn’t stupid and he knows Hue had a horrible head coaching record in Cleveland including an 0-16 season. Mike knows Bengaldom won’t swallow that no matter how much it’s shoved down our throats.

Now I don’t gamble but if I had to put money on it I believe Mike Brown will interview Mike Zimmer, Vance Joseph, Mike McCarthy, and maybe even Jay Gruden for the head coaching job.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: Indy is a playoff team. 

We squeaked by the Colts the first game of the year, before they got rolling.  They started 1-5.  We  beat the Ratbirds while Flaccid was still the starter.

Reply/Quote
Good.

This is the correct path to take.

Now let's all just hope they perform a 2018 Cincinnati Reds move and actually search for a new head coach rather than pulling a 2014 Cincinnati Reds move and just promoting the closest Tom, Dick or Hue that happens to be standing outside of Mike's office with a pan.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:27 PM)McC Wrote: We squeaked by the Colts the first game of the year, before they got rolling.  They started 1-5.  We  beat the Ratbirds while Flaccid was still the starter.

You asked, I responded. We beat two playoff teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:25 PM)Beaker Wrote: Indy is a playoff team. 

Yeah, but we beat pre-resurrection Luck and Blow Flake-o.  Luck is good again now and the Ravens have a RB with a square head at QB now.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:26 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Now I don’t gamble but if I had to put money on it I believe Mike Brown will interview Mike Zimmer, Vance Joseph, Mike McCarthy, and maybe even Jay Gruden for the head coaching job.

It has recently been reported that the Vikings are keeping Zimmer and Zimmer already said he was staying.  So he's probably out of he equation. 

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/31/mike-zimmer-rick-spielman-will-return-in-minnesota/

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I didn’t get to hear the press conference. Was anything said about the status of the rest of the coaching staff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:28 PM)Beaker Wrote: You asked, I responded. We beat two playoff teams.

I didn't really ask.  At the time we beat them, neither team was playoff worthy or ready.

Reply/Quote
A quick comment on Zimmer, as no one posted this from what I read. But the Vikings fired their first year OC about 3 weeks ago. I read reports where he and Zim didn't see eye to eye, and not to mention their offense struggled a lot of the season. This is why, imo, Zim isn't moving on, as they hired an OC that just wasn't good there.

So coaching matters a lot, especially coordinators as we all saw the difference between an Austin D and a Marvin ran D. It was night and day between the two.

So in this regard, I do hope Hue sticks around, but only as the OC if he does stay. Not as head coach though.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:30 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I didn’t get to hear the press conference. Was anything said about the status of the rest of the coaching staff?

Doubt it. There would have been 15 threads started by now. Hilarious

Reply/Quote
(12-31-2018, 02:30 PM)bjf123 Wrote: I didn’t get to hear the press conference. Was anything said about the status of the rest of the coaching staff?

Not really. Marvin said he thinks Hue deserves to be a coach but that was about it. Here is the full press conference video if you want to watch it.

https://twitter.com/jordankellogg/status/1079770390979858434

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote