Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lewis to meet with Brown next week about his future
Mike Brown will use the 6 - 10 record to offer 2 million LESS for his next contract most likely. Knowing that Lewis is not getting any offers anywhere else, Marvin is going to sign that contract immediately and thank the lord for keeping him working and the wify happy. Had Marvin not sacrifice his career by bringing Hue in, he might of had a chance with the Lions to coach for them at least, now it's impossible.
Reply/Quote
It is reported (ESPN) that Mike and Marvin are a package. MB is going to talk to Marvin and they will both step down or they will both stay.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 01:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is reported (ESPN) that Mike and Marvin are a package. MB is going to talk to Marvin and they will both step down or they will both stay.

I can only reply with the following link, just visually replace the faces with Marvin and Mike.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 01:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is reported (ESPN) that Mike and Marvin are a package. MB is going to talk to Marvin and they will both step down or they will both stay.
Gee, I wonder which one it'll be.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
This is reaching insane status. Can’t believe this is real. Marvin will go 0-16 next year n they will still have a meeting to discuss his future.
Reply/Quote

Link??

And if true, we all know what that decision will be Rolleyes
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:53 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Really ! They could just meet in the parking lot after the game.

Mike Brown: "Marvin, I'm pretty stationary and unchangeable, but"
Marvin Lewis: "Mr. Brown, we're gonna do a better job this time, I swear"
Mike Brown: "Two year extension"

Marvin Lewis:  "We did some good things, and there are some things that we just need to work harder on.  Hee hee hee." (with accompanying subtle Golf clap)

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Lots of what ifs and "people" saying but the bottom line is rumors of Marv going to the Cards and Zimmer coming back home

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/30/will-marvin-lewis-stay-or-go/

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote: Lots of what ifs and "people" saying but the bottom line is rumors of Marv going to the Cards and Zimmer coming back home

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/30/will-marvin-lewis-stay-or-go/

The Cardinal can't really be that stupid, can they?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:11 PM)McC Wrote: The Cardinal can't really be that stupid, can they?

I still believe Marvin can take a rebuilding team and make them a good team. I think what we hate about him are a lot of the traits it takes to rebuild a franchise. We simply no longer need that here.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: I still believe Marvin can take a rebuilding team and make them a good team. I think what we hate about him are a lot of the traits it takes to rebuild a franchise. We simply no longer need that here.

And haven't for over a decade
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:14 PM)Au165 Wrote: I still believe Marvin can take a rebuilding team and make them a good team. I think what we hate about him are a lot of the traits it takes to rebuild a franchise. We simply no longer need that here.

Alot of the qualities that make him a solid head coach I think could be better put to use as a General Manager. He scouts & drafts well and brings in solid coaching staffs.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:11 PM)McC Wrote: The Cardinal can't really be that stupid, can they?

Desperation can cause funny things to happen and they're probably pretty desperate at this point.
Reply/Quote
He can get them to middle of the road with a splash of better here and there.  Maybe with a real GM who knows what he's doing, who knows? 

But, from the outside looking in, it looks for all the world like Marvin has lost any edge he might have ever had.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 11:23 AM)jason Wrote: You think a man his age is looking out that far to 2026? His kids may be, but I doubt he does. Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us, but it damn sure ain't promised to him.

Someone is looking out for 2026 in that ownership group.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: source.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:21 PM)Synric Wrote: Alot of the qualities that make him a solid head coach I think could be better put to use as a General Manager. He scouts & drafts well and brings in solid coaching staffs.

Does he though? His specialty is linebacker.... I'm not seeing his skills translating onto the field.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure Mike Brown will every officially step down, even death be damned. I know it was 5 years ago, but Lewis talked about how Brown sits around and makes lineups and personnel packages in his spare time in the 2013 Hard Knocks. Five years is a long time, but I highly doubt Brown has stopped tinkering and offering his input. Not to mention, he sits in and helps make final decision on draft picks and cuts. Having Mike Brown own and run our franchise is similar to swimming in the ocean with a cruise liner anchor tied around your neck.

I fully expect Lewis and Brown will be running the show again next season and we will suffer through another embarrassing season. Rinse and repeat is the life of a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:39 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Does he though? His specialty is linebacker.... I'm not seeing his skills translating onto the field.

To start the 2018 season The Bengals had the most drafted players in the NFL. They had almost 2 full drafts more than the number 2 team (Ravens) and almost 3 full drafts than the league average.

So yeah the Bengals draft well.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The meeting will entail the following:

- How long the extension will be
- How to handle the media questions
- What propaganda Hobs should put on .com (emphasis on injuries and the 5-3 start)
- What time the family barbecue will be
- Marv giving Mike a sponge bath
- Lots of giggling
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote