Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lewis to meet with Brown next week about his future
(12-30-2018, 01:27 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is reported (ESPN) that Mike and Marvin are a package. MB is going to talk to Marvin and they will both step down or they will both stay.

What I gathered from it is Mike is going to be stepping down in the next few years and he wants Marvin to step down with him so they can do it together.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:07 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: What I gathered from it is Mike is going to be stepping down in the next few years and he wants Marvin to step down with him so they can do it together.

So will they be “moving on together” soon or....?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:07 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: What I gathered from it is Mike is going to be stepping down in the next few years and he wants Marvin to step down with him so they can do it together.

I've never heard of an owner being this close to a coach. 

I guess it's easy to be BFF with your coach when revenue sharing makes winning unnecessary to profit.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 02:09 PM)pally Wrote: Lots of what ifs and "people" saying but the bottom line is rumors of Marv going to the Cards and Zimmer coming back home

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/12/30/will-marvin-lewis-stay-or-go/

I read that.  I can't tell if they're just spitballing with the Zimmer speculation or if Mikey would actually be willing to pursue him.  If the Vikings don't fire him, it would be a pretty unusual occurrence for another team like the Bengals to acquire him.  

TBH, I'm not real sure how the Minnesota ownership views Zimmer.  Seems to me that they've given him all he could ask for and he's had relatively limited success.  I suppose the rise of the Bears has something to do with this.  I still find it tough to believe that he gets fired after just barely missing the Super Bowl last season.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:00 PM)samhain Wrote: I read that.  I can't tell if they're just spitballing with the Zimmer speculation or if Mikey would actually be willing to pursue him.  If the Vikings don't fire him, it would be a pretty unusual occurrence for another team like the Bengals to acquire him.  

TBH, I'm not real sure how the Minnesota ownership views Zimmer.  Seems to me that they've given him all he could ask for and he's had relatively limited success.  I suppose the rise of the Bears has something to do with this.  I still find it tough to believe that he gets fired after just barely missing the Super Bowl last season.

As unusual as an owner who never fires coaches?

It's possible Zimmer would prefer the job security in Cincy. Plus it's not like he doesn't have connections there (and a home). 

I wanted an offensive coach, but Zim is probably the only defensive guy I'd be cool with. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: So will they be “moving on together” soon or....?

Yep, hear tell Mike has it in his will that Merv gets buried next to him, even if Merv is still alive.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 03:30 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: So will they be “moving on together” soon or....?

Perhaps a quaint little cottage together somewhere in NE. Maybe Martha’s Vineyard? I could see them running a B&B together.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Perhaps a quaint little cottage together somewhere in NE. Maybe Martha’s Vineyard? I could see them running a B&B together.

Only if all the other B&B owners get together and institute profit sharing.

I can picture it now---bring your own soap and towels.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Well if Marv and Hue wanna keep this ride going maybe they'll Weekend At Bernie's his ass when he does kick the bucket.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hmmm  Whatever

Wish it was MB having a press conference confirming he is stepping down and letting Katie takeover.

Then first move she moves on from Marv in a nice respectful way and is looking for a great candidate for GM
to hire our new Head Coach. Doesn't sound like it though damn it.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Perhaps a quaint little cottage together somewhere in NE. Maybe Martha’s Vineyard? I could see them running a B&B together.

Worst... Lifetime.... Movie...  EVER!!!
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:11 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: As unusual as an owner who never fires coaches?

It's possible Zimmer would prefer the job security in Cincy. Plus it's not like he doesn't have connections there (and a home). 

I wanted an offensive coach, but Zim is probably the only defensive guy I'd be cool with. 

I would like Fangio too.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:36 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Worst... Lifetime.... Movie...  EVER!!!

Still bet my wife and many others would watch it.  I mean, it's on Lifetime, after all.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Still bet my wife and many others would watch it.  I mean, it's on Lifetime, after all.

Well yeah...  cause'... chicks.
Reply/Quote
Transcript from meeting:

Mike: How was your Christmas?

Marvin: Great thank you for asking.

Mike: Family well, things good?

Marvin: Yes family is great, my wife finally learned how to make a great tuna on rye.

Mike: Nice, thats a must in any household!

Marvin: And how!

Mike: So this coaching thing? You wanna give it another crack next year?

Marvin: Sure!

Mike: Great! Well I think were done here.

Marvin: Thanks guy!

Mike: Its Mike, my name is Mike.

Marvin: ..........
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:40 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Still bet my wife and many others would watch it.  I mean, it's on Lifetime, after all.

Yeah.  The stuff the ladies can sit and watch is so damn lame.  My other half and I haven't watched tv together for years.  One of those chick channels started running non-stop Christmas movies before Thanksgiving and I'll bet she saw most of them.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Jay Glazer also saying that Marvin will not return: “It looks like this will be his last year in Cincinnati.”
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jay Glazer also saying that Marvin will not return: “it looks like this will be his last year in Cincinnati.”

I've got all my fingers and toes crossed, hoping.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jay Glazer also saying that Marvin will not return: “it looks like this will be his last year in Cincinnati.”

If true - Welcome your new coach :

[Image: ap_bears_browns_football_84860354.jpg?w=...600&crop=1]
Reply/Quote
Why am I still expecting a bizarre type media conference with Mike and Marv. This is what we do here.
Reply/Quote