Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lewis to meet with Brown next week about his future
(12-30-2018, 05:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I've got all my fingers and toes crossed, hoping.

Me too brother!

[Image: 200.gif]

LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:08 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Why am I still expecting a bizarre type media conference with Mike and Marv.  This is what we do here.

Yeah, it'd be pretty hard to top that post-2010 presser for sheer, unadulterated awkwardness.  Prove me wrong, fellas.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jay Glazer also saying that Marvin will not return: “It looks like this will be his last year in Cincinnati.”

I know that we're all hopeful, but do those sports reporters really expect us to fall for that crap two years in a row?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:02 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Jay Glazer also saying that Marvin will not return: “It looks like this will be his last year in Cincinnati.”

The Hue Jackson era begins...

Meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:00 PM)samhain Wrote: I read that.  I can't tell if they're just spitballing with the Zimmer speculation or if Mikey would actually be willing to pursue him.  If the Vikings don't fire him, it would be a pretty unusual occurrence for another team like the Bengals to acquire him.  

TBH, I'm not real sure how the Minnesota ownership views Zimmer.  Seems to me that they've given him all he could ask for and he's had relatively limited success.  I suppose the rise of the Bears has something to do with this.  I still find it tough to believe that he gets fired after just barely missing the Super Bowl last season.

Quote:For clarity, this is nothing more than semi-informed spitballing at this point

Their words in the article.

I was very surprised the idea was referenced in the thread (or even on the boards) due to that very statement.
Reply/Quote
I think we are all ready for this team to take a different direction. We need fresh air at this point.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:11 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Yeah, it'd be pretty hard to top that post-2010 presser for sheer, unadulterated awkwardness.  Prove me wrong, fellas.  

It was like a hundred people all grating their fingernails across a chalkboard in unison. Mike thinks he's way above owing anybody an explanation.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:16 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Their words in the article.

I was very surprised the idea was referenced in the thread (or even on the boards) due to that very statement.

Yeah, these "Insiders" are falling all over each other to put this crap out there because if the earth stops spinning and Hell freezes over and Marvin doesn't come back, none of them want to be the one who didn't put it out there.  And if he comes back, like we all know he will, it just never gets mentioned again, just like every other time they toss shit out there that ends up being wrong.  Today's "journalists" are a lot like Marvin--screw ups don't matter.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I know that we're all hopeful, but do those sports reporters really expect us to fall for that crap two years in a row?

I'll believe it when and only after it's officially announced.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll believe it when and only after it's officially announced.

And for a good hour after that, while the shock wears off.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Imagine how many simultaneous O-faces there would be in Bengals Land if both Mike and Marvin stepped down.  

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8291454]

Ninja
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:23 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'll believe it when and only after it's officially announced.

Those reporters are now at the point where they're just recycling rumors from last season, with that bit about wondering if the Cardinals might be coming for Marvin.  And that bit about Zimmer is just complete make believe supposition.

I'm with you on this.  I'll believe it when the team announces it.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Those reporters are now at the point where they're just recycling rumors from last season, with that bit about wondering if the Cardinals might be coming for Marvin.  And that bit about Zimmer is just complete make believe supposition.

I'm with you on this.  I'll believe it when the team announces it.

Yeah, I don't really believe anything until it actually happens...but I gotta say, I do enjoy all the different speculation that always goes around the NFL this time every year. It's entertaining if nothing else.  Smirk
Reply/Quote
A week? Most of the good coaches and coordinators will be interviewed by then.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:46 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: A week? Most of the good coaches and coordinators will be interviewed by then.

Not a problem when your next HC is already on your staff...

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 04:51 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah.  The stuff the ladies can sit and watch is so damn lame.  My other half and I haven't watched tv together for years.  One of those chick channels started running non-stop Christmas movies before Thanksgiving and I'll bet she saw most of them.

My Wife loves Bones and NCIS, and those shows put me to sleep.

(12-30-2018, 05:31 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Imagine how many simultaneous O-faces there would be in Bengals Land if both Mike and Marvin stepped down.  

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8291454]

Ninja

[Image: ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.makeagif.com%2Fmedia...oj.gif&f=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
They probably have a meeting after the season every year. This is probably much ado about nothing.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2018, 05:57 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They probably have a meeting after the season every year. This is probably much ado about nothing.

They do always meet the day after the season ends...but hopefully, this year's meeting won't be like the previous 15. 
Reply/Quote
I hope Marvin is gone and I hope he goes out with a win.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote