Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linderbaum Sub 32" Arms
(03-05-2022, 08:21 PM)Au165 Wrote: Linderbaum was a high caliber wrestler…I said it in another thread but draft high caliber wrestlers on the OL it works out. The arm issues are easier to overcome by a wrestler because of the ability to “hand fight” and beat the hand of the defender.

Beat me to it. Linderbaum can make up for it. I take him at 31 happily.
Reply/Quote
One real concern with Jenzen is he is bad at shot gun (read last in the league and has not improved over his 7 years) which we are in a ton, im still not sure TB will let him go, I don;t see them losing three of their lineman with retirement and FA, I think Jenzen might be the one they go after hard.

I would prefer us in draft focus on tackle/guard over center in 1st round (good depth this year in draft is center).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Alex Mack went to 7 Pro Bowls playing for Cleveland. When a sure thing drops into your lap you take him.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 03:46 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: One real concern with Jenzen is he is bad at shot gun (read last in the league and has not improved over his 7 years) which we are in a ton, im still not sure TB will let him go, I don;t see them losing three of their lineman with retirement and FA, I think Jenzen might be the one they go after hard.  

I would prefer us in draft focus on tackle/guard over center  in 1st round (good depth this year in draft is center).

That is a concern no doubt with Jensen. We are in the Shotgun more than most Offenses.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 04:07 PM)puddycat Wrote: Alex Mack went to 7 Pro Bowls playing for Cleveland.  When a sure thing drops into your lap you take him.

Linderbaum isn't as good of a prospect as Mack, though.  He has size, arm length, anchor, and shotgun snap issues.  
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 06:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: Linderbaum isn't as good of a prospect as Mack, though.  He has size, arm length, anchor, and shotgun snap issues.  

Linderbaum though is PFF's top-rated C of all time since they started grading college.
The previous top-rated C? Frank Ragnow.
He turned out pretty good. Although Ragnow did also have the size, arm length, and all that jazz too to go along with the rating.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 10:51 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Linderbaum though is PFF's top-rated C of all time since they started grading college.
The previous top-rated C? Frank Ragnow.
He turned out pretty good. Although Ragnow did also have the size, arm length, and all that jazz too to go along with the rating.

I take their college rankings with a huge grain of salt just due to massive differences in competition level.  For example, the highest Big 10 DT on their Big Board is ranked 142nd overall.  Minnesota's C is also their 3rd highest graded C this year.

He has a lot to overcome to be an All Pro type C you expect when you spend a 1st on one.  At best, I see him as a Jonah Williams type who is good most of the time, but gets beaten badly at times.  I don't see him being able to recover if he gets beaten off the snap against NFL talent.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2022, 02:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: During the broadcast they were raving about the depth of C in the class. That’s what really makes me hesitate taking a guy with a physical limitation so early when there are solid options later

Out of Jensen and Bozeman, I like Bozeman..hes younger too.
Im skittish to say the least at the Linderbaum issue: Billy Price had short arms too and actually was a tad bigger I think.
If we landed Bozemen and say Tomlinson and then picked Penning with 1st pick, Id be happy.
ALL LOOK TO BE GLASS EATERS! 

Reply/Quote
PA and PK were talking about this on Sirius today. They said the biggest issue about a Center with short arms is that it make all the other olinemen have to line up closer to the LOS. They say exterior olinemen like Centers that can put the ball further away fron the LOS
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 01:35 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Beat me to it. Linderbaum can make up for it. I take him at 31 happily.

He has 31" arms because he's gonna be Pick 31.
Ninja
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2022, 10:40 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He has 31" arms because he's gonna be Pick 31.
Ninja

There yah go lol

Think it is definitely possible if we don't add a Center in FA. I think we add one though with all the rumors about Jensen and 
Bozeman, they might not be the guy but it tells me the staff is interested in an upgrade in front of Burrow. Jensen might not
be the answer cause of the shotgun problems and Bozeman doesn't seem to fit the athletic type for our wide zone.

Still think Allen or Daniels fit the most if we do go Center in FA.
Reply/Quote
Minnesota OL lined up close to each other - smaller running lanes but shorter distance to cover, less room for error which is why they graded so high on PFF.
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(04-11-2022, 10:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote:

I don't think there's anyone who didn't think TL would test well. He's got a lot to overcome. WTS, if he's there at 31 we could do worse. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
As a general rule I believe many people but to much into size, height, arm length, 40 speed, on and on.

As an example a guy runs a 4.42 40 - OMG he's slow. But a guy that's 4.39 wow he's a burner. And they never think about how tiny the difference is. All they see is the magical 4.3
Reply/Quote
Zion Johnson. Lots of teams tried to collapse the pocket this year with good success. Johnson is a punisher and strong. I’d rather have Karras with his experience at center. But much like last year I’d be happy with Linderbaum as well. I would however be happy with Linderbaum because I’d like our depth in the OL room. I assume our subs due to injury would be with Linderbaum ( Karras moves to center) Carman at either guard and Prince at either tackle.
Reply/Quote
If holding is legalized next year, sure.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2022, 06:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: Linderbaum isn't as good of a prospect as Mack, though.  He has size, arm length, anchor, and shotgun snap issues.  

There seems to be some discrepancy about Alex Mack's arm length.

In this article on Cincy Jungle, it says Mack had 31.5" arm length. Nick Mangold with 30.75" arm length.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/3/4/22961855/2022-nfl-combine-tyler-linderbaum-arm-length-nfl-draft-cincinnati-bengals

However, when going back and looking at Mack's scouting profile, it says his arm length was 33", which was measured at his Pro Day.
https://nflcombineresults.com/playerpage.php?f=Alex&l=Mack&i=29247

Mack's also not that much bigger than Linderbaum now though.
Pro Day he weighed in at 311 lbs.
Linderbaum weighed in at 302 lbs recently.
When he played back with Iowa though, he was around 290 lbs.

Linderbaum also had better athletic drills than Mack in almost everything:
Vert:
Mack - 28.5"
Linderbaum - 32.5"

Broad:
Mack - 106"
Linderbaum - 110"

40:
M - 5.17
L - 4.98

shuttle:
M - 4.75
L - 4.38

3-cone:
M - 7.31
L - 7.14

So yes, while Mack may have the better anchor and length compared to Linderbaum, Linderbaum is more athletic than Mack. As such, he might be able to better handle movement assignments, which would be more common in a wide zone scheme.

EDIT - I think Linderbaum lacked bulk and strength playing at Iowa, similar to Cam Jurgens at Nebraska. They both have bulked up some since their seasons ended, which leads people to believe their anchor and power will improve due to the added bulk. Their tape won't show that same level though since they were lighter during the season. This is something that might have to have some faith around that will improve.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I’m reading more mock drafts that show Linderbaum falling to us at 31. Are we crazy not to take him or should we focus on CB S or other defensive needs.

I’d feel pretty good drafting the kid. Seems to give us more options with a rotation of Karras Carman or Linderbaum at LG and C. Karras grades better at LG anyway. Thoughts?
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(04-13-2022, 02:24 PM)Boomer Anderson Wrote: I’m reading more mock drafts that show Linderbaum falling to us at 31. Are we crazy not to take him or should we focus on CB S or other defensive  needs.

I’d feel pretty good drafting the kid. Seems to give us more options with a rotation of Kappas Carman or Linderbaum at LG and C. Kappas grades better at LG anyway. Thoughts?

those short stubby alligator arms are dropping him. TBH- I like the idea of grabbing a top tier CB over a center
Reply/Quote