Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linebackers Look Good In Bengals Mini Camp
That's the news on Bengals.com. That in fast tempo practices this week by New Head Coach, The Linebackers stepped up. Others on Defense stepped up. The O Line stepped up. AJ Green and others like what they see of the new offense. Dunlap and Atkins like what they see of the new Defense. They have a long way to go and The New Coach want to see better execution of plays. After watching many plays get blown up by opposing teams the last few years, so do I. So as fans have their slide rulers, computer sheets on all 2018 stats, maybe throw all those out. This is a whole new team in practices under New Coaches. NEW DEY......GO BENGALS.

Any news that the LB's are looking better is good news. Same with the Blocking.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Aside from the obvious point that everyone looks great in helmets and shorts, the positive, upbeat attitudes and feedback are encouraging.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 03:15 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Aside from the obvious point that everyone looks great in helmets and shorts, the positive, upbeat attitudes and feedback are encouraging.

Exactly, and it sounds like the players are excited and bringing energy to a new coach that actually knows what he's doing and he, along with all the other coaches,  know how to motivate the players, which we all know wasn't Marvin's strongsuit.

All the players are excited and buying in, and that energy and enthusiasm will carry over into the season!

I'm getting pumped up and I'm about to get launched out of my wheelchair from all the energy around me!

It's a new era in The Jungle and The Jungle is growing all over the NFL and taking over!

I haven't been this excited in a long time!
Reply/Quote
EVERYTHING looks Great! I read the defense looked good. It was ahead of the offense.

The LB's look great. The offensive line. The offense.

Everything is great. The offense is scoring at will. The defense is shutting down the offense. It's all great!
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 03:10 PM)kevin Wrote: That's the news on Bengals.com. That in fast tempo practices this week by New Head Coach, The Linebackers stepped up. Others on Defense stepped up. The O Line stepped up. AJ Green and others like what they see of the new offense. Dunlap and Atkins like what they see of the new Defense. They have a long way to go and The New Coach want to see better execution of plays. After watching many plays get blown up by opposing teams the last few years, so do I. So as fans have their slide rulers, computer sheets on all 2018 stats, maybe throw all those out. This is a whole new team in practices under New Coaches. NEW DEY......GO BENGALS.

Any news that the LB's are looking better is good news. Same with the Blocking.

This is exactly what any Bengals fan wants to hear.

If our Linebackers play decent and our O-line blocks well we will be back in the Playoffs with a chance at winning.

Love hearing this.
Reply/Quote
Honestly, without pads and tackling...I don't know that we can read anything into any of this.

The offensive line looks good when you can't actually block.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, without pads and tackling...I don't know that we can read anything into any of this.

Well of course you cannot read much into it, good news to hear though.

Would sukk if we heard the LB's and O-line were looking terrible...
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 04:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, without pads and tackling...I don't know that we can read anything into any of this.

Why? Did someone anoint you to be the board's Debbie Downer? Maybe, just maybe, it's good to hear the players are picking up new things rather quickly! They are also picking up ZT vibe.... I'm so glad that we have someone like you to remind us they don't have pads on and not blocking.....We wouldn't have known that....
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 03:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I haven't been this excited in a long time!

Neither have Browns fans. 
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 04:47 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Why? Did someone anoint you to be the board's Debbie Downer? Maybe, just maybe, it's good to hear the players are picking up new things rather quickly! They are also picking up ZT vibe.... I'm so glad that we have someone like you to remind us they don't have pads on and not blocking.....We wouldn't have known that....

Come on sandwedge, why would you want to talk about what little information we actually get from practice. What we REALLY need are more discussions about Mike Brown.

Just remember, if you say "this sounds positive", it's going to be interpreted here as "clearly we're unstoppable, book my Super Bowl tickets".

To circle back to the original topic, though, Preston Brown was interviewed on Mo Egger's show, and I thought his comments on Germaine Pratt were somewhat promising: Preston said he was very smart and could answer every question the coaches have asked him. He also complemented his speed. Preston said Germaine sits next to him in positional meetings, so maybe he's mentoring him? It at least came off to me as more than just "insert generic comment X".
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 04:53 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Neither have Browns fans. 

It will be hilarious when they implode before they even sniff the Playoffs.

Hype, hype, hype, diva city!

(05-25-2019, 05:17 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Come on sandwedge, why would you want to talk about what little information we actually get from practice. What we REALLY need are more discussions about Mike Brown.

Just remember, if you say "this sounds positive", it's going to be interpreted here as "clearly we're unstoppable, book my Super Bowl tickets".

To circle back to the original topic, though, Preston Brown was interviewed on Mo Egger's show, and I thought his comments on Germaine Pratt were somewhat promising: Preston said he was very smart and could answer every question the coaches have asked him. He also complemented his speed. Preston said Germaine sits next to him in positional meetings, so maybe he's mentoring him? It at least came off to me as more than just "insert generic comment X".

Awesome hearing this from Preston about Germaine. Thought Pratt was the 2nd best LB in the Draft and can cover and tackle better then the best in White. Leadership was my only question with Pratt and this is great him getting mentored by a smart veteran in Preston. Preston was hurt pretty much all year and still was our best LB not named Vigil even if that isn't saying much.

Pratt could solve a lot of problems for us with his versatility.

Dude can cover WR's on the edge, shouldn't have any problem covering TE's and RB's.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It will be hilarious when they implode before they even sniff the Playoffs.

Yea but the Steelers got rid of 2 big divas so they're probably going to go 14-2.
Reply/Quote
But, but, but if Hobson hypes even the worst Bengals player they GOTTA be great! 
I feel excited about the upcoming season, sure. Why not? I have absolutely nothing to lose by getting excited other than a little excitement if they don't perform up to expectations.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 07:57 PM)grampahol Wrote: But, but, but if Hobson hypes even the worst Bengals player they GOTTA be great! 
I feel excited about the upcoming season, sure. Why not? I have absolutely nothing to lose by getting excited other than a little excitement if they don't perform up to expectations.. 

Yeah, unfortunately Hobson's opinion means diddly squat. We're going to have to wait and see how these LBers tackle in games against Baltimore, Seattle, Los Angeles, Shitsburgh and other run heavy teams before making any pronouncements.

Reply/Quote
It's may
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 05:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: It will be hilarious when they implode before they even sniff the Playoffs.

Awesome hearing this from Preston about Germaine. Thought Pratt was the 2nd best LB in the Draft and can cover and tackle better then the best in White. Leadership was my only question with Pratt and this is great him getting mentored by a smart veteran in Preston. Preston was hurt pretty much all year and still was our best LB not named Vigil even if that isn't saying much.

Pratt could solve a lot of problems for us with his versatility.

Dude can cover WR's on the edge, shouldn't have any problem covering TE's and RB's.

One possibility I am hearing out of camp is that FA CB B.W. Webb has been lining up in the nickel package with Preston Brown and Nick Vigil as the LBs.  They actually came out in that set as their base...which makes sense as they are usually in nickel 2/3rds of the time.  

Having played for our DC in NY previously, he seems well equipped for the position of backup slot CB and provides depth behind Dennard.  I hope Dennard gets more chances in this role as well.  
Reply/Quote
Good news even in shorts and helmets. Shorts and helmets is where you learn to develop fundamentals of play so while it is not contact yet it is a positive sign.
Reply/Quote
I feel good about the LBs coming into this season. If they are as bad as last year I'll be surprised. It's not like we have a roster full of 30+ year old scrubs at LB. We have some young up-and-coming guys and some vets who are going to be healthier than they were last year. We are in great position to improve majorly. I think the coaching overall for the entire team is going to help as well. I see our players being more motivated under the new coaches based on everything I've heard from them so far.
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 04:05 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: EVERYTHING looks Great! I read the defense looked good. It was ahead of the offense.

The LB's look great. The offensive line. The offense.

Everything is great. The offense is scoring at will. The defense is shutting down the offense. It's all great!

14-2 here we come. Bad luck n health kept this team From dominating last year.
Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 10:28 AM)bengaloo Wrote: I feel good about the LBs coming into this season. If they are as bad as last year I'll be surprised. It's not like we have a roster full of 30+ year old scrubs at LB. We have some young up-and-coming guys and some vets who are going to be healthier than they were last year. We are in great position to improve majorly. I think the coaching overall for the entire team is going to help as well. I see our players being more motivated under the new coaches based on everything I've heard from them so far.

Good post. I also think the entire team will be more disciplined (Fred will go ape over the discipline comment LOL ) as well. They just need to do their jobs and stay focused solely on doing so. When they do, great things will follow.

Reply/Quote