Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Linebackers Look Good In Bengals Mini Camp
Indeed. It's a chess game.

I think having good safeties is a big key too.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2019, 11:44 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Repeat this till the year 2059 n beyond. .   The bengals look faster , playing faster , everyone excited , lines look aggressive, offense more explosive.   This has been tradition since I first got internet in 1993.

Yeah, they're all liars.  Just a buncha big fat liars.  Truth is, they all suck ass.  Coaches, players, everyone.  Probably will never ever win another game.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-02-2019, 01:55 PM)McC Wrote: Yeah, they're all liars.  Just a buncha big fat liars.  Truth is, they all suck ass.  Coaches, players, everyone.  Probably will never ever win another game.

Isn't the truth always somewhere in the middle?

We do see the hype machine fire up every offseason. I'm sure other teams do the same thing.

I can't tell if it's hype of not, but I am getting the sense that the coaching staff has more of a teaching mentality than the previous staff did...atleast at last years stage. I'm sure when Marvin got here, he was probably more of a teacher too. 15 years or whatever wears on you.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2019, 11:04 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Looks like Tarzan plays like Jane.

Floats like a butterfly, stings like a ....butterfly.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-25-2019, 03:10 PM)kevin Wrote: That's the news on Bengals.com.  That in fast tempo practices this week by New Head Coach,  The Linebackers stepped up. Others on Defense stepped up.  The O Line stepped up.  AJ Green and others like what they see of the new offense.  Dunlap and Atkins like what they see of the new Defense.  They have a long way to go and The New Coach want to see better execution of plays.  After watching many plays get blown up by opposing teams the last few years, so do I.    So as fans have their slide rulers, computer sheets on all 2018 stats, maybe throw all those out.  This is a whole new team in practices under New Coaches.   NEW DEY......GO BENGALS.

Any news that the LB's are looking better is good news.   Same with the Blocking.

If they're looking good in preseason games, I'll be happy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(05-26-2019, 03:57 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: They still have a big, fat one that is getting older though...

Feel like they will always be competitive until they are not sadly.

The Stains on the other hand need to start winning against good teams before i even give them a thought. So much hype that we have never received even when we went to the Playoffs 5 years in a row. These guys win like 5 games against losing teams and they are being crowned, frickin' hilarious i tell yah.

Thanks for this SHRacer, if Webb is this trusted by Lou already in the Slot he might be a great get.

Know nothing about the man.

I have said it over and over, needed to get a new LB coach and Tem has a great resume.

No way the Linebackers will be as bad as last season, no way.

Should be pretty easy to improve from last place.
If Brown can return to the way he played in BUF, Vigil can play like he showed last year, and Pratt comes in as advertised, this could be a solid (not great) group.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2019, 09:57 AM)ochocincos Wrote: If they're looking good in preseason games, I'll be happy.

Yeah, but pre-season doesn't count! Ninja
Reply/Quote
Really liked the article talking about Preston Brown picking up the leadership mantle for the LB room. Refreshing to see a class act like him with outstanding work ethic like he has take reins and lead the way for the younger guys and teach them what it really means to be a pro. Even better that he is a local guy. I believe there is hope with the group of backers we have yet. There is some young athleticism there that I think just needs good coaching and direction.
Reply/Quote
(06-01-2019, 08:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. It's a chess game.

I think having good safeties is a big key too.

I buy into the "strong up the middle" philosophy of defense.  By having exceptional players at DT, LB, and Safety, a defense can effectively shut down the middle of the field, as well as maintain better control of the line of scrimmage.  With the salary cap dance being what it is, that forces a team to pay a little less for CBs and Edge rushers, but if you draft well at those positions it is a manageable strategy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote