Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lions Attempting To Trade Up For Chase?
I've been seeing articles today that the Lions want to trade up ahead of us to land Chase, which, as the article states, seems stupid because they have a lot of holes to fill.

Chase is my guy, so what do we do if he's gone? I doubt they do because the Falcons would demand too much and, like I said, the Lions have a bunch of holes to fill.

Next 31 hours are going to be CRAZY!
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've been seeing articles today that the Lions want to trade up ahead of us to land Chase, which, as the article states, seems stupid because they have a lot of holes to fill.  

Chase is my guy, so what do we do if he's gone?  I doubt they do because the Falcons would demand too much and, like I said, the Lions have a bunch of holes to fill.

From what I have read, the Lions tried to move up, but the Falcons asking price was too high.  That obviously doesn't necessarily mean either side won't blink before the pick.

If Chase is gone, you take Sewell or Pitts, whoever you have higher on your board, and don't look back 

Although, honestly, this feels like Atlanta trying to panic the Bengals into giving up a pick to move up one spot to secure Chase and the Falcons still getting the player they want.  Yesterday, it was they're trying to trade Julio, so Chase may be in play for them.  Now, it's the Lions tried to move up for Chase.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: From what I have read, the Lions tried to move up, but the Falcons asking price was too high.  That obviously doesn't necessarily mean either side won't blink before the pick.

If Chase is gone, you take Sewell or Pitts, whoever you have higher on your board, and don't look back 

Although, honestly, this feels like Atlanta trying to panic the Bengals into giving up a pick to move up one spot to secure Chase and the Falcons still getting the player they want.  Yesterday, it was they're trying to trade Julio, so Chase may be in play for them.  Now, it's the Lions tried to move up for Chase.

Perhaps, but after losing Golladay the only real weapon for their new QB is Hockensen at TE.  They brought in Brashad Perriman at WR but that's not saying a lot.  I could see this not being fully resolved and Detroit spicing up their offer Thursday night.

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:11 PM)Burma Wrote: Perhaps, but after losing Golladay the only real weapon for their new QB is Hockensen at TE.  They brought in Brashad Perriman at WR but that's not saying a lot.  I could see this not being fully resolved and Detroit spicing up their offer Thursday night.

Agree or Atlanta will wait to see how first three picks go.. i don;t see them taking a QB but if one of their top Qbs is not the board they might , if not they will see what offers they get...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:05 PM)Whatever Wrote: Although, honestly, this feels like Atlanta trying to panic the Bengals into giving up a pick to move up one spot to secure Chase and the Falcons still getting the player they want.  Yesterday, it was they're trying to trade Julio, so Chase may be in play for them.  Now, it's the Lions tried to move up for Chase.

I see it this way too. From the moment I heard the Julio rumor, i thought it was floated with that in mind. The only difference here is that the Lions were actually named. That's a bit weird to me. And it's not like they're the Steelers, Ravens or for that matter any AFC rival looking to conspire against us- it's the Lions. it's one extra (unnecessary) detail that makes me think the rumor may be legitimate.
Reply/Quote
Detroit is the perfect trade spot. If Atlanta's asking price is too high I'd listen to offers myself if I'm Cincy since Miami could take him. Even if Pitts goes #4, you'd still get Sewell or Slater at 7 and have a 2nd round pick to show for it.
Reply/Quote
This is interesting and I'm eager to see what happens. If ATL or another team takes Chase, is Sewell the automatic pick or is a trading back/Pitts an option for Tobin and the Brown family? It's a fun couple days as a Bengals fan. I can't wait to see who we land.
Reply/Quote
if we can trade back and still pick on of our top 5 guys do it
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting to see how this plays out tomorrow.
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:25 PM)phil413 Wrote: Detroit is the perfect trade spot. If Atlanta's asking price is too high I'd listen to offers myself if I'm Cincy since Miami could take him. Even if Pitts goes #4, you'd still get Sewell or Slater at 7 and have a 2nd round pick to show for it.

I want Chase so I hope nobody jumps us and he’s there for us to take.

IF the bengals have been faking and are really going to pick Sewell over Chase anyway then they’d be stupid not to take a pick from Det to move down a few spots and still have Sewell or Slater to pick.

That said I hope we just land Chase and nothing comes of these rumors
Reply/Quote
Says alot about a prospect when teams are trying to move up into the top 5 to take him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 02:11 PM)Burma Wrote: Perhaps, but after losing Golladay the only real weapon for their new QB is Hockensen at TE.  They brought in Brashad Perriman at WR but that's not saying a lot.  I could see this not being fully resolved and Detroit spicing up their offer Thursday night.

I mean, if they do, they do. I would guess that the Lions have offered a 3rd and Atlanta wants more than that given that they will miss out on the Big 3 by going down to 7.  

Thing is Detroit could stay at 7 and take Smith/Waddle.  If the Big 3 got to Atlanta, Cincinnati, and Miami, they are also in the cat bird's seat as teams will be looking to trade in front of Carolina for QB4.
Reply/Quote
Lions are in position to get Smith, Waddle. If there is not much gap between Chase and others, why are Lions trying to move ahead of Bengals?
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Word to the wise: 90% of stories in the week or so leading up to the draft should be taken with a HUGE grain of salt. It's possible ATL leaked this because they want the Bengals to move up to #4 out of fear that they won't get their guy.

That said, I do like the idea of trading back to #7 and picking up Slater or Sewell (or sliding back again, with Darrisaw or AVT as the target).
Reply/Quote
Listening to Sirius today and the National scout felt Detriot that was all-in on Oline in the 1st. They might be trying to get ahead of us, but it might not be for Chase.

WTS it would be a very "Lion-like" move. When the drafted Joey Harrintgon they selected WR in the first round the next 3 years
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Listening to Sirius today and the National scout felt Detriot that was all-in on Oline in the 1st. They might be trying to get ahead of us, but it might not be for Chase.

WTS it would be a very "Lion-like" move. When the drafted Joey Harrintgon they selected WR in the first round the next 3 years

And who knows, it may be for Pitts- assuming there's any truth to the rumor to begin with.  Dan Campbell is a former TE himself, and Hockensen and Pitts together would potentially create multiple mismatches on every play.
Reply/Quote
The Lions really should trade up to get Chase, as their WR depth chart is atrocious.
Breshad Perriman, Tyrell Williams, and that's really it.
If Chase makes it to 5, perhaps the Lions will offer enough for the Bengals to move back.

If the Bengals did trade with DET, what would you say is fair compensation?
Would DET's 3rd and 4th rounders be enough? Or would the 2nd rounder (or 2022 1st) have to be included?
(FWIW, trade value chart says fair compensation to move up from 7 to 5 is just the Lions' 3rd rounder)
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 01:43 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I've been seeing articles today that the Lions want to trade up ahead of us to land Chase, which, as the article states, seems stupid because they have a lot of holes to fill.  

Chase is my guy, so what do we do if he's gone?  I doubt they do because the Falcons would demand too much and, like I said, the Lions have a bunch of holes to fill.

We defnitely need to go Waddle or Devonta as a WR that can play outside is our biggest need.
Reply/Quote
Let’s double down on the rumors. Pats supposedly looking to move up for a qb, presumably fields is the target. Have allegedly called Atlanta about pick 4.

If 4 qbs go 1-4 would you trade with Detroit knowing they take chase and we are guaranteed of getting Pitts or Sewell? Even with Miami supposedly not looking at Sewell (though the flowers trade has me wondering)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-28-2021, 03:59 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Let’s double down on the rumors.  Pats supposedly looking to move up for a qb, presumably fields is the target.  Have allegedly called Atlanta about pick 4.

If 4 qbs go 1-4 would you trade with Detroit knowing they take chase and we are guaranteed of getting Pitts or Sewell?  Even with Miami supposedly not looking at Sewell (though the flowers trade has me wondering)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would absolutely trade back to 7 to get an extra pick (or picks) if the first four picks are QBs.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote