Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lions @ Ravens / Browns @ Colts / Steelers @ Rams Gameday Thread
I believe the rules as written and in the rule book and as explained by someone who has done it for decades. If the helmets had stripes, same guys would be calling it fixed with no flag thrown.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
Coming from a die hard football fan of 50 years. Todays NFL is getting so ****** hard to watch. The last 5 mins of the Indy/Clev game was such a shit show of officiating. Indy got robbed not once but twice. 3 times if you want to count the taunting flag keeping them from going for 2. Refs need to be held accountable. They have way too much control over the outcome of games. Literally handed this one to Cleveland. Total bullshit.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:41 PM)Destro Wrote: Fixed? So one team is designed to win? Then why watch? Turn on HBO and at least see something more entertaining.

Both fouls were even explained by Gene Steratore. They were fouls. Uncatchable didn't even apply in that case.

The illegal contact was OPI. Cooper pushed him down as he went into his cut. When I first saw the replay I assumed it happened earlier and I missed it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:46 PM)Destro Wrote: I believe the rules as written and in the rule book and as explained by someone who has done it for decades. If the helmets had stripes, same guys would be calling it fixed with no flag thrown.

But you misquoted Gene, he said they should have reviewed it. I.e. they were wrong. He also said the Cooper push on the play before, there was nothing there to call defensive illegal contact.

No, the ball was uncatchable, you didn't see it, it seems. Tee Higgins got away with OPI in the superbowl, no bengals fan is going to say differently.

Like I said, by your definition, if the QB throws the ball 100 yards in the stands and it's still in the air and you commit DPI in the endzone, ball will be on the 1.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:47 PM)michaelsean Wrote: The illegal contact was OPI. Cooper pushed him down as he went into his cut. When I first saw the replay I assumed it happened earlier and I missed it.

He's referring to the giveaway play the refs gave the Browns the play right after that one. He's disregarding that they called defensive illegal contact on the sack/strip play when Cooper is the one that pushed off; was hilarious to see Destro is this blind. He didn't watch the game it's apparent. He also trusts the refs apparently lmao.
Reply/Quote
They like rewarding teams who give record contracts to sex offenders I guess. Goodells NFL where refs are not held accountable. Those were bad calls in that situation. They influenced the outcome of the game.

You think the “TV refs” who used to be in the officials fraternity are going to come on and criticize their buddies? I value their opinion less than the average fans opinion. They just come on and try to justify unnecessary calls that affect the outcome of games. No credibility at all just like the commish.

The NFL has a problem with officiating and they are making the games hard to watch.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He's referring to the giveaway play the refs gave the Browns the play right after that one. He's disregarding the easy OPI that they called defensive illegal contact on the sack/strip play, was hilarious to see Destro is this blind. He didn't watch the game it's apparent.

Ok I assumed he was referring to both overall.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I literally only watched maybe 5 mins of football today and I’m livid. The refs are either incompetent idiots or corrupt. These officials need to be investigated. That was complete BS. Indy had the game won. Unbelievable.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:44 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Gene didn't say that, he said there was merit for them to review it. Feel like you're making up shit now lol. The DPI occurred after the ball was thrown, it didn't affect the QBs throw. If there was DPI before the throw maybe uncatchable doesn't apply.

If the QB throws the ball 100 yards in the stands and you commit DPI after the throw, is it DPI? 

The official NFL rule book contains only one reference to the term “uncatchable.” Rule 8, Section 5, Article 3© identifies as a permissible act "[c]ontact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players.”

I have it Tivo'd. Want me to put it up? First one he said it was illegal contact. End. 
Second play. He said "the tug happens early there. I think there is material effect. The catchability aspect, I don't disagree that they should have had a further conversation on whether it is catchable or not. Usually uncatchable balls, the ball ends up in the stands or it is really an exaggerated throwaway." 

"I do support the contact as it relates to pass interference because the tug happens early when the ball is in the air."

What is made up?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:47 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: But you misquoted Gene, he said they should have reviewed it. I.e. they were wrong. He also said the Cooper push on the play before, there was nothing there to call defensive illegal contact.

No, the ball was uncatchable, you didn't see it, it seems. Tee Higgins got away with OPI in the superbowl, no bengals fan is going to say differently.

Like I said, by your definition, if the QB throws the ball 100 yards in the stands and it's still in the air and you commit DPI in the endzone, ball will be on the 1.

Never said review. Have it on tape. You are making things up. 
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 05:48 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: He's referring to the giveaway play the refs gave the Browns the play right after that one. He's disregarding that they called defensive illegal contact on the sack/strip play when Cooper is the one that pushed off; was hilarious to see Destro is this blind. He didn't watch the game it's apparent. He also trusts the refs apparently lmao.

Talk crap all you want about my character. I have it recorded and you are making it up based on how you feel 
Reply/Quote
[Image: rodney-king-get-along.gif]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Mahomes with 321 yds in the first half. We may be fighting for a wildcard so I guess I’m rooting Chiefs? Mahommes may never play a road playoff game in his career.

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 06:52 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Mahomes with 321 yds in the first half. We may be fighting for a wildcard so I guess I’m rooting Chiefs? Mahoney may never play a road playoff game in his career.

Stoolers winning, Stains won, Rat Turds won….. we are playing for a Wild Card AT BEST. Lol

Just a broken season.
Reply/Quote
How does Kelce just go to the middle of the field and stand there, and there’s nobody near him?

Reply/Quote
Will win division:

Chiefs
Fins
Ravens
Jags

—————-

Wild Cards:

Stains
Bills
Bengals or Stoolers
Reply/Quote
Another NFL rigging, and this is way more complex. How many times does the game you are watching go into commercial and you flip to the other game and it’s in commercial? I swear it feels like 75%. (I’m kidding, Destro)

Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 07:07 PM)Whacked Wrote: Will win division:

Chiefs
Fins
Ravens
Jags

—————-

Wild Cards:

Stains
Bills
Bengals or Stoolers

Don’t know why you make the Bills an automatic. They are struggling mightily.

Reply/Quote
It's as if the league is making sure the Browns aren't at the bottom of the division.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
The Rams blow.

Reply/Quote