Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lions @ Ravens / Browns @ Colts / Steelers @ Rams Gameday Thread
(10-22-2023, 11:16 PM)Tomkat Wrote: This team is gonna finish dead last in the AFCN unfortunately.  Hard to believe, but it's looking likely now that Cleveland and Pittsburgh got their offenses figured out.

Take a breath, we have 11weeks left.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 11:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Take a breath, we have 11weeks left.

It’s just funny that we’re apparently doomed because the Browns and Steelers offense has “figured it out.” Like the Bengals have even come close to playing their best ball yet.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Things WERE looking good after the bills lost. And then Cleveland mounts a comeback, and then Pittsburgh. I thought all 3 of those teams would lose. And then KC won.

1st seed is 100% gone. I’ll say it again; even if we make the playoffs, we’ll be have to be playing at Miami, at Buffalo, and then at KC. Woof.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 10:45 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah this was a har day for the standings

We’ve really gotta win out in the division to even have a chance in the division

It is more than that, we have to also over come 2 of our division teams for wild card and we are 0-2 and 0-3 in afc conference,  early trouble in tiebreakers
Reply/Quote
Yes, yes it did. Hard. I hate when the only viewing option (outside of Red Zone) is the Clowns. And every team we wanted to win lost. What the **** was that all about?! But, at least it's over now and we can return to a normal week.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 11:29 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Take a breath, we have 11weeks left.

... and your point is?  The Steelers and Browns have STOUT defenses.  The ONLY thing holding them back was lousy offenses.
The Bengals are currently in last place... exactly WHAT have you seen from the Bengals and other AFCN teams that make you believe that will change?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 11:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Nostradamus over here. Rolleyes

We'll find out, eventually... won't we?
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 11:52 PM)Tomkat Wrote: ... and your point is?  The Steelers and Browns have STOUT defenses.  The ONLY thing holding them back was lousy offenses.
The Bengals are currently in last place... exactly WHAT have you seen from the Bengals and other AFCN teams that make you believe that will change?

Colts hung 38 on them today with a backup QB. I’m not ready to declare them the 2000 Ravens just yet.

Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 12:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Colts hung 38 on them today with a backup QB. I’m not ready to declare them the 2000 Ravens just yet.

That's fair enough.
Reply/Quote
Stains and Stealers both had a healthy helping of ref help. It happens. Our job is simple, win. We win our games and we are in.
Reply/Quote
These slow starts really suck. Hopefully we’re healthy coming out of this bye week.
Reply/Quote
(10-23-2023, 12:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Colts hung 38 on them today with a backup QB. I’m not ready to declare them the 2000 Ravens just yet.

Refs bailed out the Browns, also on the last TD Browns o-lineman got away with a literal tackle of the d-lineman. The whole day had bad officiating. 
Reply/Quote
We still have a long season left so I'm not throwing in the towel just yet. I do think we make the playoffs as a wildcard team this year. And we can still go to the Super Bowl.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 10:46 PM)J24 Wrote: Do we really need to win the division though! This team has proven they can win on the road!

Yes, we do.

Of the last 24 teams to make the SB (12 years) 23 of them won their division. The only time that a non-division-winner made it in the last 12 years was the COVID season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

The world beating Jets and Texans are ahead of the Bengals by tie breakers. The Steelers are the #5 seed, 1 game ahead and the Bengals still play them twice. They're only 1/2 game out of the 7th seed right now. 

Ohhhh the horrahhhhh. 

Rolleyes

None of those 3 teams will be there at the end of the year.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 11:32 PM)Ell Prez Wrote: Things WERE looking good after the bills lost. And then Cleveland mounts a comeback, and then Pittsburgh. I thought all 3 of those teams would lose. And then KC won.

1st seed is 100% gone. I’ll say it again; even if we make the playoffs, we’ll be have to be playing at Miami, at Buffalo, and then at KC. Woof.

Unless either Buffalo and Miami are a higher wildcard seed and win- we won’t have to play at both. That’s not how it works. and if we did we would be playing one of those games in the AFC championship.
Reply/Quote
It really sucked but we are only 1 game out of division lead with 4 division games left and 11 games to go. It’s a long season. I believe we were last place in the division this time last year. Cleveland and Pittsburgh do not have sustainable offenses. Ours is not yet either, but we’ve seen ours be great. These versions of the Browns and Steelers haven’t shown any ounce of greatness on offense. Baltimore and Lamar have always started strong yet faltered towards the end of the season. If our offense gets back to form it’ll be us and the Ravens again at the top.

Got to go into SF and steal a W and then go from there.
Reply/Quote
We just want to qualify and be playing well late.

In baseball the 4 teams with the best records went 1-11 in the playoffs and they are long gone.
Reply/Quote
(10-22-2023, 10:45 PM)Housh Wrote: Yeah this was a har day for the standings

We’ve really gotta win out in the division to even have a chance in the division

I don't think so. I mean, it would be great. However, Baltimore seems to shoot themselves in the foot down the stretch. Cleveland is Cleveland and our biggest challenge will be Pittsburgh and the refs. We are only 2 games back with 10 more games to go. A ton of shit can happen. Plus, there's a lot of division play to be had. We just need to get our shit together during this bye.

Reply/Quote
Yes, we have 4 division games remaining. Win them and all is well.
Reply/Quote