Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
List your depressing moments of this past year
Every time I log on there seems to always be some depressing news. List yours from most depressing to least.

1. Marvin Lewis resigned
2. Letting Whit and Zeitler Go
3. Botched AJ trade
4. Missing out and getting absolutely nothing for AJ.
5. Resigning Kirkpatrick
6. Ross pick
7. Only getting a 5th for Whit

Im sure there's more depressing moments I'm missing so feel free to add. Just curious how everyone else ranks the low points of the season.
Reply/Quote
Opening day kickoff.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The biggest one was losing Whitworth for nothing. That ended the season before it began.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Every NFL Sunday except for the Bengals' bye week.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
William Jackson III and Jordan Evans pulling up short, assuming Le’Veon Bell went out of bounds, and Bell scored. That was an unequaled double brain fart.
Reply/Quote
Nothing depressed me more than losing Whitworth, as a sort of "single" event.

But watching "Backpedal" Obeuhi trying to play left tackle all year was certainly a recurring nightmare, along with coaches and their lame excuses after every failure.

Then, miracle of miracles, we put an actual NFL lineman out there (Boling) for the last two games, and we won two straight. Furthermore, we discovered, after only 14 games, that we had two pretty good guards who hadn't even been able to get into a ballgame.

I mean, pass the valium.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
I can name 5 off the top of my head that other franchises probably never have in their history.

1. The Cleveland trade debacle.
2. Arbitrator siding with AJ
3. Giving Marvin a 2 year contract after 2 highly disappointing seasons; now 15 years and counting.
4. Losing your best offensive lineman and the soul of the offense for absolutely nothing and he goes on to the Rams to play at all pro level.
5. Scoring 0 points in your first two games of the year, at home!
Reply/Quote
4th down throw away pass out of bounds is one of them
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, Paul Alexander, Paul Guenther! We may have been shitty, but at least we wiped the ass!

We cant get rid of Mike and Marv. Yet, at least we are moving. Right direction? Ahh hell. Who knows?

Reply/Quote
Marvin being brought back for 2 more years. Nothing else comes close.

Reply/Quote
[quote='TKUHL' pid='517452' dateline='1518893153']
Every time I log on there seems to always be some depressing news. List yours from most depressing to least.

1. Marvin Lewis resigned
2. Letting Whit and Zeitler Go
3. Botched AJ trade
4. Missing out and getting absolutely nothing for AJ.
5. Resigning Kirkpatrick
6. Ross pick
7. Only getting a 5th for Whit

Im sure there's more depressing moments I'm missing so feel free to add. Just curious how everyone else ranks the low points of the season.
[/quote

……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………
This would have been a happy moment for me if it had happened.

But his re-signing was not my favorite moment.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
But seriously that is a tough question

Guess letting Whit and Zeitler walk would be the most depressing for me.

But did leave draft party immediately after the Ross pick. Not because I do not like Ross but we just had more pressing needs imo.

Holding on to AJM too long and getting nothing was a kick to the groin as well.

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2018, 09:32 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Mike Brown, Marvin Lewis, Paul Alexander, Paul Guenther! We may have been shitty, but at least we wiped the ass!

We cant get rid of Mike and Marv. Yet, at least we are moving. Right direction? Ahh hell. Who knows?

The PA dismissal was my favorite move of the year

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 01:28 AM)Go Cards Wrote: The PA dismissal was my favorite move of the year

Mine as well. Also when Zampese was canned. It was actually fun watching games after that. Well, for awhile at least.

Reply/Quote
The majority of the off-season and regular season was depressing, but here is my worst moments:

1. Week 13: Bengals blow the lead and the game to the Steelers. Lose 23-20 and playoff hopes go down the tubes. Had we won that game, I think we could've made a run perhaps.
2. Marvin Lewis adds not one but TWO contract years.
3. Whitworth leaving.
4. Embarrassing Week 2 loss to the Texans in primetime (again).
5 . Ross never even contributing.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 11:07 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: The majority of the off-season and regular season  was depressing, but here is my worst moments:

1. Week 13: Bengals blow the lead and the game to the Steelers.  Lose 23-20 and playoff hopes go down the tubes.  Had we won that game, I think we could've made a run perhaps.
3. Whitworth leaving.

Yes if I was not disappointed enough that the OL was not addressed early in draft not seeing him even play may have been worse. 

Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 11:19 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yes if I was not disappointed enough that the OL was not addressed early in draft not seeing him even play may have been worse. 

Many on this board including myself wanted to see what he could bring to the field. Turned into another nut punch!

Reply/Quote
(02-18-2018, 11:07 AM)2MinutesHate Wrote: The majority of the off-season and regular season  was depressing, but here is my worst moments:

1. Week 13: Bengals blow the lead and the game to the Steelers.  Lose 23-20 and playoff hopes go down the tubes.  Had we won that game, I think we could've made a run perhaps.
3. Whitworth leaving.

Yeah, I'm with you.  I was at the week 13 game and it was the most excruciating part of the season by far.  Insult, injury, and then more insult.  

Good thing I had the 2015 playoff meltdown to prepare me for that kind of loss vs Pittsburgh.
Reply/Quote
Wait, you mean more depressing than death, destruction, diseases, school shootings, etc., or A LOT LESS depressing than those and just merely Bengals related depressing ? I gotta tell you that nothing that the Bengals have ever done or will ever do rise to the level of the former.. .it's just football..  IDK.. Maybe the team has some really dark secrets we might need to be aware of...
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote