Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Little girl's encounter with Pope a farce
(09-29-2015, 01:53 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: And seems like proving statements is a hardcore thing around here.

What does this even mean?  Are you living in a world or with a group of people that just allow you to make statements without having to back them up while debating a topic?  You are at a college or university studying.  Don't they make you cite your evidence when submitting a paper?  They made me do it when I was at University.  

What is it about you that, you feel, allows you to make topical statements that should not be challenged with the requirement for source and evidence? 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(09-29-2015, 09:30 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: What does this even mean?  Are you living in a world or with a group of people that just allow you to make statements without having to back them up while debating a topic?  You are at a college or university studying.  Don't they make you cite your evidence when submitting a paper?  They made me do it when I was at University.  

What is it about you that, you feel, allows you to make topical statements that should not be challenged with the requirement for source and evidence? 

It means I see a bunch of armchair matlocks in here and I wonder if theyre not getting enough scrutiny in there lives.

I don't really need to site much evidence when doing linear algebra or solving a circuit, and I'm done with stupid English classes that only cared about how many sources I site.
(09-29-2015, 09:43 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It means I see a bunch of armchair matlocks in here and I wonder if theyre not getting enough  scrutiny in there lives.

I don't really need to site much evidence when doing linear algebra or solving a circuit, and I'm done with stupid English classes that only cared about how many sources I site.

We want you to cite your work not site it.

Are you planing on going on to a Masters?  Cause if so.......

This is just advice for the future.  Your opinion on topics that require evidence to support is worthless until you cite the supporting evidence. 

I thought you had a class you were off to?

(09-29-2015, 10:02 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: We want you to cite your work not site it.

Are you planing on going on to a Masters?  Cause if so.......

This is just advice for the future.  Your opinion on topics that require evidence to support is worthless until you cite the supporting evidence. 

I thought you had a class you were off to?

It's 2015, about 1/2 the class has phones out.

I'm not getting a masters. If I was in something easy like English or history, sure. But I have the feeling this degree is going to age me like emperor palpetine.
(09-29-2015, 10:05 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It's 2015, about 1/2 the class has phones out.

I'm not getting a masters. If I was in something easy like English or history, sure. But I have the feeling this degree is going to age me like emperor palpetine.

It might be easier if you weren't on the Bengals Boards while in the class.

(09-29-2015, 10:08 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: It might be easier if you weren't on the Bengals Boards while in the class.

I don't think there should even be a class. Every lecture should be a video and teachers should be on chat programs to answer questions.
(09-29-2015, 09:20 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I said I don't think its a big assumption, don't change my words.

I don't believe early humans butchered and ate thier own at the first sign of weakness, and if they did, it was obviously a short lived practice.

And yeah I binged watched a bunch of caveman documentaries once. I started off wanting to see movies but they werent many and most were bad. I liked quest for fire though.

Now it's time for statics class, which is basically classical physics but much more demanding.

Like I wrote, have it your way; normal sized assumption, but still an assumption.
(09-29-2015, 10:14 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I don't think there should even be a class. Every lecture should be a video and teachers should be on chat programs to answer questions.

Sounds legit since you've posted seven times in the past hour since your "class" started. If the class was a video you could schedule your education around your posting instead of your posting around your education.
(09-29-2015, 10:26 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Sounds legit since you've posted seven times in the past hour since your "class" started. If the class was a video you could schedule your education around your posting instead of your posting around your education.

Exactly. We're going over a quiz I got a 93 on. If this was a video I could skip ahead.
(09-29-2015, 10:14 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I don't think there should even be a class. Every lecture should be a video and teachers should be on chat programs to answer questions.

So?  What does that have to do with my post?  That's not how it is and you are still on the bengals site while in class.  I'm starting to get who you are as a personality here.  It's interesting how you ignore points and questions to make statements that have little to do with the quoted post.

(09-29-2015, 10:29 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Exactly. We're going over a quiz I got a 93 on. If this was a video I could skip ahead.

I would have given myself at least a 95 on a fake quiz.
(09-29-2015, 10:32 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: So?  What does that have to do with my post?  That's not how it is and you are still on the bengals site while in class.  I'm starting to get who you are as a personality here.  It's interesting how you ignore points and questions to make statements that have little to do with the quoted post.

Oh ok my bad let me address your post:

Yes, it would be.
(09-29-2015, 11:00 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: I would have given myself at least a 95 on a fake quiz.

I missed one digit on a conversion from binary to hexadecimal.
(09-29-2015, 10:26 AM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Sounds legit since you've posted seven times in the past hour since your "class" started. If the class was a video you could schedule your education around your posting instead of your posting around your education.

I've rather enjoyed his references to Matlock and Binaca.
I guess I should applaud a 35-40 year old going back to school for a degree.
Also, he must just be starting, as linear algebra is surely a refresher.

Full disclosure, before someone rebuts about their classes.....
I was an industrial mechanic and had taken a good bit of classes towards an electrical engineering degree.
I didn't finish, as the company I work for jacked me around.

I will concede, however, running circuits is tedious.
Although, newer machines have become more modular and pulling boards out to run circuits at a desk is much easier than laying upside-down with a flashlight in your teeth and a meter hanging precariously over your noggin.
(09-29-2015, 11:49 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've rather enjoyed his references to Matlock and Binaca.
Also, he must just be starting,  as linear algebra is surely a refresher.

I was an industrial mechanic and had taken a good bit of classes towards an electrical engineering degree.

I will concede, however,  running circuits is tedious.
Although,  newer machines have become more modular and pulling boards out to run circuits at a desk is much easier than laying upside-down with a flashlight in your teeth and a meter hanging precariously over your noggin.

Some people take DE and LA before they finish cal 3, I'm taking it after. There's a guy in my circuits class who's gotta be 50.
(09-29-2015, 01:53 AM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I never said cannibalism never occurred, and now you can't prove the statements you've made, seems like.

And seems like proving statements is a hardcore thing around here.

Eh. Just because you don't feel like looking at the info provided doesn't mean it isn't proven.

And, generally, in life what you say has to be factual. Otherwise, you look like a goofball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-29-2015, 12:25 PM)Benton Wrote: Eh. Just because you don't feel like looking at the info provided doesn't mean it isn't proven.

And, generally, in life what you say has to be factual. Otherwise, you look like a goofball.

Ok. If I read it all, and it says nothing about eating the weak, as you claim, will you apologize?
(09-29-2015, 11:49 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've rather enjoyed his references to Matlock and Binaca.
Also, he must just be starting,  as linear algebra is surely a refresher.

I will concede, however,  running circuits is tedious.
Although,  newer machines have become more modular and pulling boards out to run circuits at a desk is much easier than laying upside-down with a flashlight in your teeth and a meter hanging precariously over your noggin.

Would you rank Maxwell's equation as the #1 scientific theory/law of all time?
(09-29-2015, 12:30 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Ok. If I read it all, and it says nothing about eating the weak, as you claim, will you apologize?

If it doesn't say it, we can just assume it happened.  Right?
(09-29-2015, 12:31 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Would you rank Maxwell's equation as the #1 scientific theory/law of all time?
While important, no.
If it were a constant, I would be more inclined.