Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Logan Wilson getting attacked
(11-17-2023, 11:52 AM)pally Wrote: The other story from last night is that "Logan Wilson is a dirty player".   Even during the game,  Herbstreit talked about Logan's "bad intentions" We can ignore the fact that when TJ Watt makes the exact same plays, he is lauded as the best defensive player in the NFL.  Wilson made 3 tackles and unfortunately, players were injured.  Mark Andrews will be lost for the season because he badly rolled his ankle when tackled.  He was going for the strip of Beckham. The slippery field put Lamar into a bad position.  Exatly HOW was Wilson supposed to tackle those players?  The NFL isn't flag football which would have been the ONLY way he could have taken down Andrews or Beckham without you know actually tackling them

Not one of his tackles was illegal nor had injurious intent but that won't change the storyline

You simply can't be this naive....or can you?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:50 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You simply can't be this naive....or can you?

What?

Reply/Quote
Along with this new narrative, I recently saw an article claiming Hendrickson is also dirty due to a hit on Stroud. Why it's news now and not last week is beyond me.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Feel like this is a classic case of having no issue with it until it happens to one of your players lol. In my opinion, I don't see how you can rule it out of the game. I'm no physicist, but from my playing days, when you're running at somebody full speed, hit them around the waist and cant bring them down immediately, you're going to hold on and gravity is going to do what it does.

I don't think it should be banned, but I'd be curious to hear from Rugby players how they feel about it being banned. How has it changed their approach, is it much harder to tackle, etc.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: The real narrative is that the NFL is rigged so multiple Ravens players and Burrow were injured so they can get one step closer to Taylor Swift raising the Lombardi.  That's a zillion dollar situation, and we all know how making money is always the right choice. 

Maybe she'll buy out the Brown family and name herself as the new head coach, offensive coordinator and defensive coordinator and move the stadium to her private yacht/aircraft carrier..  Hilarious
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It’s another way for the media and nfl to hate out the bengals.
Reply/Quote
This will all blow over around 1pm Sunday...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:42 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Wilson has never come across as a dirty player. He plays hard and has never done anything intentional. Sure there may be plays that are perceived as a bit sus, but that is only because he is going 110% in a quite violent sport for 30 minutes a game perse.

Exactly

In the game of football really big strong guys are flying around the field trying to knock each other down, duh. Injuries are going to happen. Just angles and guys bending and on and on can create problems with no intentions at all.

Logan Wilson isn't even the same zip code as dirty players are.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:05 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: You are witnessing the media creating a narrative in action. And that narrative is Logan Wilson is dirty. And possibly the bengals

Wouldn't be the first time.....they really hate us.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:31 PM)Nepa Wrote: Harbaugh definitely escalated the situation by stating, "“It was definitely a hip-drop tackle. It is being discussed. It’s a tough tackle. Was it even necessary in that situation?”

John Harbough is the NFLs version of Steve Kerr
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
Herbstreit sure seemed like he really wanted to create this narrative by being sure to mention no less than 3 times that it was Logan Wilson who made both the tackles.

And of course Harbaugh will have no qualms about leaning into it to try to screw over the division rival that knocked them out of the playoffs last year. Costs him nothing.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson is dirty remember last year in the playoff game when he pinned the RB to the ground and punched him in the gut a couple times on national TV? Wait...that was Roquan Smith.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:37 PM)Synric Wrote: Logan Wilson is dirty remember last year in the playoff game when he pinned the RB to the ground and punched him in the gut a couple times on national TV? Wait...that was Roquan Smith.

I remember when cam heyward did that to herbert 2 years ago on sunday night football. Except it was one punch

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
John Harbaugh can Kiss the Baby, and shut his whiny mouth! I bet he even whines in his sleep!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:03 PM)basballguy Wrote: John Harbough is the NFLs version of Steve Kerr

He's such a douchebag.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:50 PM)higgy100 Wrote: You simply can't be this naive....or can you?
Well I have been accused of that before but exactly what was I naive about in this post?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:52 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: John Harbaugh can Kiss the Baby, and shut his whiny mouth! I bet he even whines in his sleep!

I am thinking Zac Taylor should come out and defend Logan. If he doesn’t than I lost a ton of respect for Taylor and would consider him a worthless *****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:52 PM)Foolishpride Wrote: John Harbaugh can Kiss the Baby, and shut his whiny mouth!  I bet he even whines in his sleep!

Never said that I am a huge fan of Taylor, but I can say, at least, he is not a cry baby, hypocrite little B. 
Can't say the same about the Harbaugh toddlers.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:52 AM)pally Wrote: The other story from last night is that "Logan Wilson is a dirty player".   Even during the game,  Herbstreit talked about Logan's "bad intentions" We can ignore the fact that when TJ Watt makes the exact same plays, he is lauded as the best defensive player in the NFL.  Wilson made 3 tackles and unfortunately, players were injured.  Mark Andrews will be lost for the season because he badly rolled his ankle when tackled.  He was going for the strip of Beckham. The slippery field put Lamar into a bad position.  Exatly HOW was Wilson supposed to tackle those players?  The NFL isn't flag football which would have been the ONLY way he could have taken down Andrews or Beckham without you know actually tackling them

Not one of his tackles was illegal nor had injurious intent but that won't change the storyline

(11-17-2023, 11:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I thought Herbstreit meant it has a figure of speech to describe hardnose play rather than an indictment against Wilson, perhaps not. I don't think Logan did anything wrong with any of the tackles.

Those were textbook tackles by Logan Wilson. Dude is a stud Linebacker. One of the best in the NFL.

So happy we have him around for many years to come. BTW, the Ravens were so damn lucky on the tipped pass that led to 
the TD and the refs were all wearing Ravens colors. Even if Burrow didn't get injured there was probably no way we win this 
game with everything going wrong. Tough stuff, but love the play of quite a few players, Logan, Germaine, DJ Turner, Reader,
Trey, saw an Ossai sighting, a Murphy sighting WTF lol

Battle is better than Nick Scott. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 01:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Exactly

In the game of football really big strong guys are flying around the field trying to knock each other down, duh. Injuries are going to happen. Just angles and guys bending and on and on can create problems with no intentions at all.

Logan Wilson isn't even the same zip code as dirty players are.

Agreed.

We have had one dirty player here in recent memory and it was generally clear when he was playing dirty.
Logan Wilson looks nothing like that
Reply/Quote