Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Logan Wilson getting attacked
Dude is going to be in the Bengals Ring of Honor one day. He's one of my favorite Bengals.

[Image: GettyImages-1781207527.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:54 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I am thinking Zac Taylor should come out and defend Logan.  If he doesn’t than I lost a ton of respect for Taylor and would consider him a worthless *****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Headline article on ESPN.com:

"Bengals coach Zac Taylor on Friday delivered an impassioned defense of linebacker Logan Wilson after he was scrutinized for his tackle of Baltimore tight end Mark Andrews and other plays that resulted in injuries to Ravens players during Thursday night's game.

Taylor took exception to how Wilson was portrayed in the hours after the game."

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38923784/bengals-coach-zac-taylor-defends-lb-logan-wilson-amid-criticism-ravens-injuries

Article also notes: "In March, the NFL Players Association released a statement that urged the league's competition committee not to ban the hip-drop, noting such a measure is "unfair to players and unrealistic to implement."

Even Patrick Queen defended: "Ravens linebacker Patrick Queen said that while he hated that Andrews was hurt, he defended the hip-drop.

"At the end of the day, we play football," Queen said. "We play a tackling sport. I don't think a hip-drop tackle is that bad of a thing. How else do you want us to tackle? Just let the guy run past you?"

Or course Harbaugh: "Harbaugh suggested the Ravens were going to have the league office review Wilson's tackle on Jackson."
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:58 AM)Nepa Wrote: Headline article on ESPN.com:

"Bengals coach Zac Taylor on Friday delivered an impassioned defense of linebacker Logan Wilson after he was scrutinized for his tackle of Baltimore tight end Mark Andrews and other plays that resulted in injuries to Ravens players during Thursday night's game.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/38923784/bengals-coach-zac-taylor-defends-lb-logan-wilson-amid-criticism-ravens-injuries

Article also notes: "In March, the NFL Players Association released a statement that urged the league's competition committee not to ban the hip-drop, noting such a measure is "unfair to players and unrealistic to implement."

Even Patrick Queen defended: "Ravens linebacker Patrick Queen said that while he hated that Andrews was hurt, he defended the hip-drop.

"At the end of the day, we play football," Queen said. "We play a tackling sport. I don't think a hip-drop tackle is that bad of a thing. How else do you want us to tackle? Just let the guy run past you?"

Or course Harbaugh: "Harbaugh suggested the Ravens were going to have the league office review Wilson's tackle on Jackson."

He tackled Jackson by his feet. Harbaugh continues to be the whiniest tool on the sidelines.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 02:46 AM)michaelsean Wrote: He tackled Jackson by his feet. Harbaugh continues to be the whiniest tool on the sidelines.

It's a Harbaugh trait I guess...
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:50 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hey, with the refs, the gift TD on the Pratt deflection, Burrow going down, amazing we didn't give up more....

The Ravens Offense is for real when Lamar is throwing the ball well. There were many positives on Defense in this game.

If you didn't see it that is on you. When the ball isn't bouncing your way, in Baltimore, without your starting QB, with the refs on 
the Ravens side etc.

There were some bad plays on Defense that led to 27 points, the one TD was like the immaculate stealer reception.

Just lucky as hell.

After the 2 PIs on one drive, both bullshit btw, I turned the channel knowing we didn't have an iceberg's chance in hell
Reply/Quote

Thumbs up for Taylor to do this. Wilson is a class act and a fundamental tough football player. Nothing he does is dirty unlike the asswipes in Pittsburgh. I would love to see the fake sports news media perform an analysis on the Steelers inflicting injuries on other teams. Of course they won’t because true journalism is dead and it is all about generating hype and not true news with substantive facts

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Glad to see Coach Taylor take up for his player.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 12:31 PM)Nepa Wrote: Harbaugh definitely escalated the situation by stating, "“It was definitely a hip-drop tackle. It is being discussed. It’s a tough tackle. Was it even necessary in that situation?”

Well Hairball, was it even necessary for Clowney to fall on Burrow's wrist?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 03:28 PM)pally Wrote: Logan Wilson in his entire NFL career has never been called for a person foul

Wow Bart, are you saying the Bengals had a "Red Dot" on Andrews? Ninja Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious  
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 07:55 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Bart Scott uses a fork to eat soup.

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 10:02 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: [Image: vontaze-burfict-antonio-brown.gif]

I still say that was a bang bang play. Look at Burfict's shoulder, he is aiming with his shoulder to dislodge the pass if caught. the "55" on his sleeve hits Brown right in the breadbasketr. Brown lowered his head and helmets collided. It happens. If that play was reversed, it would just be good hard "
Stiller football"
Reply/Quote

Well good on Patrick Queen. At least somebody in the Raven's locker room has some sense. He's probably on Hairball's shit list now though.
Reply/Quote
I would be complaining about it too. It sucks to lose players to injury. I remember when Hines broke Rivers' jaw. I was incensed. But I also knew it was perfectly legal (at the time, anyway). Same with this one/these. In fact there's no comparison. Logan's were normal tackles that had bad outcomes. Ward's had bad intentions.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 04:40 AM)sandwedge Wrote: After the 2 PIs on one drive, both bullshit btw, I turned the channel knowing we didn't have an iceberg's chance in hell

Yeah, that game was just tilted in the Ravens favor in every way. We had no chance unless Burrow didn't get injured and him 
and the Offense played the best game they have ever played and even then, the refs would take it away late you just knew it.
Reply/Quote
It's so weird how these terms and talking points materialize. I've been watching football for 40 years and never heard the term "hip drop tackle" until very recently. It may have been discussed, but not at the national media level and not with any real interest. All of this is media generated garbage. Guys can't sit and wait to decide how exactly to bring a defender down when they are a few yards from the end zone. They make a play or they will eventually be out of a starting job.

I take no joy in Andrews getting hurt. Frankly, it sucks. I still think it's dumb to pretend that it was some intentional hit job. He's hard to bring down and he's bigger than Wilson by quite a bit. Logan did what he was supposed to do.

Football is always dangerous. I just watched a 10-11 youth game where two kids got taken away in ambulances for head injuries. It's a collision sport no matter how safe you try to make it. Even snap and every collision has the potential to injure someone. Making victims and villains out of it is dumb as hell. It's the nature of the game.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well good on Patrick Queen. At least somebody in the Raven's locker room has some sense. He's probably on Hairball's shit list now though.

If there's one guarantee in life, it's that Harbaughs are going to whine like little bitches every time they get a chance and a microphone.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:25 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well good on Patrick Queen. At least somebody in the Raven's locker room has some sense. He's probably on Hairball's shit list now though.

Multiple Ravens players, former players, and the majority of people in general don't think there was anything to any of the plays. Many think the hip drop tackle needs taken out the vast majority dont think Wilson actually did anything intentionally dirty. The only reason this is a talking point at all is because there's no NFL between Thursday and Sunday. If this was a Sunday afternoon game it wouldn't have even been a blip on the radar for conversation topics. 

https://twitter.com/ryanmink/status/1725622809085288950?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1725622809085288950%7Ctwgr%5E7623ffcfd74d2264feff2da2a93dc64c9e276f91%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F17xp910%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 11:56 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I thought Herbstreit meant it has a figure of speech to describe hardnose play rather than an indictment against Wilson, perhaps not. I don't think Logan did anything wrong with any of the tackles.

Kirk ..... dissing my Noles every week, and starting a narrative on Logan Wilson. Eff that guy.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2023, 02:54 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: I am thinking Zac Taylor should come out and defend Logan.  If he doesn’t than I lost a ton of respect for Taylor and would consider him a worthless *****!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He addressed it at length during his presser without it even being brought up. He chastised the narrative.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 01:20 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I still say that was a bang bang play. Look at Burfict's shoulder, he is aiming with his shoulder to dislodge the pass if caught. the "55" on his sleeve hits Brown right in the breadbasketr. Brown lowered his head and helmets collided. It happens. If that play was reversed, it would just be good hard "
Stiller football"

Burfict's shoulder hit him in the helmet, not the helmet.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote