Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Logan Wilson getting attacked
(11-18-2023, 05:32 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Burfict's shoulder hit him in the helmet, not the helmet.

I still say he was trying to dislodge the ball.
Reply/Quote
100%.

If he wanted to spear him, he could've like nothing.
(11-18-2023, 08:00 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I still say he was trying to dislodge the ball.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Actually, Brown lowered his head to lead with the crown of his helmet. Burfict was not even aiming for the head or neck, nor did he ever leave his feet. Clearly the penalty should have been on Antonio Brown the whole time.
Reply/Quote
Wilson tackled three different players three different ways and all three were injured. Is the NFL gonna ban all three ways of tackle players?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 10:34 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Wilson tackled three different players three different ways and all three were injured. Is the NFL gonna ban all three ways of tackle players?
[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47iqauas2k504v96e93v...y.gif&ct=g]
Reply/Quote
people are just sick...to threaten a player's pregnant wife is beyond the pale

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Post must be gone, but yes, there are many sick individuals roaming around in this world. This internet thing has only exposed them more so. The same thing happened to Boomer Esiason when he was here, sick people wishing harm to his son, the son that had a life threatening illness and who seems to have a normal life now thank the Lord. And the same creeps that booed Andy Dalton at a softball game after all he did for this city all because he didn't win a fricking SB here. Whether it's our fans or opposing fans it does not matter.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 05:09 PM)pally Wrote: people are just sick...to threaten a player's pregnant wife is beyond the pale

Absolutely unacceptable. It's shameful what some people will say or do. 
Reply/Quote
online baltimore fans are known to be out of their minds. More than other fanbases

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 06:24 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: online baltimore fans are known to be out of their minds. More than other fanbases

And had to wait to be told to be mad.  It's just made up outrage. Maybe they should listen to the players on their team who also tackle people in the same manner. Don't hearing any Bengal fans, coaches or players whining about Clowney.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 05:36 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Post must be gone, but yes, there are many sick individuals roaming around in this world. This internet thing has only exposed them more so. The same thing happened to Boomer Esiason when he was here, sick people wishing harm to his son, the son that had a life threatening illness and who seems to have a normal life now thank the Lord. And the same creeps that booed Andy Dalton at a softball game after all he did for this city all because he didn't win a fricking SB here. Whether it's our fans or opposing fans it does not matter.

....add Joey Votto to the silly hate 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I stand with Logan !!!

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2023, 03:00 PM)TheFan Wrote: Multiple Ravens players, former players, and the majority of people in general don't think there was anything to any of the plays. Many think the hip drop tackle needs taken out the vast majority dont think Wilson actually did anything intentionally dirty. The only reason this is a talking point at all is because there's no NFL between Thursday and Sunday. If this was a Sunday afternoon game it wouldn't have even been a blip on the radar for conversation topics. 

https://twitter.com/ryanmink/status/1725622809085288950?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1725622809085288950%7Ctwgr%5E7623ffcfd74d2264feff2da2a93dc64c9e276f91%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.redditmedia.com%2Fmediaembed%2F17xp910%2F%3Fresponsive%3Dtrueis_nightmode%3Dfalse

I was going to post about this.  And this afternoon the hip drop tackle was discussed on Movin' The Chains with the Broncos' Alex Singleton.  He mentioned that the majority of the time it is a "hip drop" it seems to him that it started as a "gator roll" against a guy who is too big and strong to be rolled by just one guy.  Basically saying that the player being tackled is preventing the roll from happening.
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2023, 09:16 PM)Go Cards Wrote: I stand with Logan !!!

Right on! He's a hardnose player and comes off as a good soul during interviews.
Reply/Quote
I guess the NFL is serious about ditching the hip tackle: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10098115-peter-king-expects-nfl-to-move-aggressively-on-rule-change-on-hip-drop-tackles
Reply/Quote
That 55 jersey is bad luck, man.

Rivers with the broken jaw.
Burfict and now Wilson just playing like a LB was taught and making some ankle tackles, now all of a sudden they're dirty players and try to injure players because they made an ankle tackle and tried to bring the ball carrier down.

If I'm Wilson, if it don't result in a fine, I don't care about the noise.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Logan Wilson is no dummy. He seems quite intelligent to me hearing him speak. I doubt any of this online crap bothers him much.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:12 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I guess the NFL is serious about ditching the hip tackle: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10098115-peter-king-expects-nfl-to-move-aggressively-on-rule-change-on-hip-drop-tackles

what's the Defense suppose to do use harsh language?
Reply/Quote
Being called dirty by a Ravens' fan (or Steelers' fan) is basically a guarantee that you are not dirty.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2023, 11:12 AM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I guess the NFL is serious about ditching the hip tackle: https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10098115-peter-king-expects-nfl-to-move-aggressively-on-rule-change-on-hip-drop-tackles

They would have to ban roll tackles because that is where the whole "hip-drop tackle" thing comes from. The roll tackle was developed to protect the head of the defender and the knees and ankles of the ball carrier.

People think the this tackle causes alot of ankles injuries well they are going to go back to chopping people knees and feet at full speed see how many ankle injuries happen then lol. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote