Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson possibly done for season
This sucks. I think Von Bell could play hybrid role but yeah, get someone for remainder of season.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Show me you want to win Bengals. Sign somebody, don't keep trotting out the likes of that UDFA from MSU. Gimme:

Jaylon Smith

Mychal Kendricks

Deone Buccahon

Make me happy

Does is not occur to you that there is a reason these guys are available. There is obviously a problem with each and every one of them. Smith,  must be injured or someone would have grabbed him by now 12 games into the season.
Reply/Quote
The team protected PS :B Austin Calitro for this week. Expect him to be elevated for the game.

Pratt took over the playcalling for Wilson, I assume he will continue in that role on Sunday

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 11:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Does is not occur to you that there is a reason these guys are available. There is obviously a problem with each and every one of them. Smith,  must be injured or someone would have grabbed him by now 12 games into the season.

Does it occur to you that when there is attrition throughout the league that teams often sign free agents that aren't currently on teams?  

I mean, is it really that high of a mental curb for you to climb?

If there are obvious problems with each of them, then please feel free to elaborate on each individual player in detail. I mean, it's obvious and you made the statement, so let's hear it. If you can't come up with specifics, then that tells me you're just being an inconsiderate forum douche trying to sound smart with no real info. Idk that to be the case, but you're more than welcome to clear the perception if you like.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 11:07 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Does is not occur to you that there is a reason these guys are available. There is obviously a problem with each and every one of them. Smith,  must be injured or someone would have grabbed him by now 12 games into the season.

It occurs to me there's a reason every player is available. It also occurs to me that former elite talent can find that lightning in a bottle. It further occurs to me that there's a reason no team drafted Joe Bachie and he has been cut by 2 teams in one year..

While things were occurring to me the thought that a 6'1", 230 lb, slow linebacker has an uphill struggle being an elite NFL LB and may not belong on the starting roster of a team fighting for a Division title.

Does not any of that occur to you?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 05:57 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Didn't realize he was that small. That's small even for a CB these days, let alone a safety.

- - - - - -

As for Wilson, that's a real bummer. He started off the season so hot, then struggled a good amount. I was hoping he'd find some adjustments and find himself back at that early season success.

Bad time for LB injuries (if there ever is a good time) with the 7th, 12th, 4th, 19th, and 3rd rushing offenses left on the schedule.

Yeah, watching him run around out there, he looks really small BUT he's pretty fearless and he throws himself around like a bigger dude. And he's super smart. Has plans to coach when he retires. 

Def silly to even mention him with LBs though. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 08:57 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: He was only helping on special teams because of injuries behind him. It's a shit sandwich.

they had him playing special teams?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 06:32 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: This sucks.  I think Von Bell could play hybrid role but yeah, get someone for remainder of season.

Hmm. I wonder if they would entertain moving Vonn up, ala Deone Buchanon...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 11:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: they had him playing special teams?

He sustained the injury playing special teams.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 11:58 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: they had him playing special teams?

(12-08-2021, 11:59 AM)samhain Wrote: He sustained the injury playing special teams.

Yep, because Bailey got injured earlier in the game, Mike Thomas was out, and a couple of others I can't recall. I read all of that somewhere as the reason Wilson was on Teams that play.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 04:04 AM)J24 Wrote: I'll take Kendricks

Im in the Smith camp...I cant forget how great this guy was playing not that long ago. Its in him and hes younger I think?
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2021, 09:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Show me you want to win Bengals. Sign somebody, don't keep trotting out the likes of that UDFA from MSU.......

Make me happy

(12-08-2021, 11:44 AM)pally Wrote: The team protected PS :B Austin Calitro for this week.  Expect him to be elevated for the game.

[Image: 74836092.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Did we activate Vinny Rey Yet?
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 12:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Did we activate Vinny Rey Yet?

It may be time.....lol

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Zach Cunningham JUST got waived, and is kind of intriguing.
Reply/Quote
It is being reported that the Texans are waiving LB Zach Cunningham. He is 26 years old and has started the majority of his career. He has some team disciplinary issues. He was inactivated last weekend for being tardy for a COVID test and earlier this season for being late to team meetings. So on one hand he could come in and immediately help (or at least against Denver) but his tardy issues are something that Zac won't want to add to the team. Of course, if those are a new thing it could be a reaction to the new coach or losing season. We're pretty far down on the waiver wire now so it is likely even if they wanted him they wouldn't get him. It is possible the Texans would take a conditional low draft pick for him

Oh and he restructured to Vets minimum so his remaining salary is only $220,000

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Impress me Bengals and claim him!
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 01:03 PM)Tomcat Wrote: Impress me Bengals and claim him!

It’ll be interesting as we are now further back in the waiver wire so could be some contenders lurking but I think it makes sense for sure.
Reply/Quote
Cunningham wouldn't play until next week at the earliest anyways, if he was picked up (and probably even a week after that, as Hargreaves has shown), so he wouldn't solve our problems for this week.

Bailey was supposed to be a 2/3 rounder, if not for injury; here's his chance to prove his worth and he won't even be burdened with calling the plays either, so let's see what he can do.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 11:55 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah, watching him run around out there, he looks really small BUT he's pretty fearless and he throws himself around like a bigger dude. And he's super smart. Has plans to coach when he retires. 

Def silly to even mention him with LBs though. 

Don't love the idea of him having to cover/tackle Travis Kelce, no matter how tough or smart there is a 8" and 75lb difference.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote