Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Wilson possibly done for season
(12-08-2021, 05:06 AM)WychesWarrior Wrote: This....there were a lot of guys out on special teams Sunday. 

This is a rough one....I was hoping the imaging would turn up a simple dislocation. I feared a knee when I saw him go down during the play.

Yea I thought knee too. I will have to watch again but I swear I thought I just saw him go down with no contact. Maybe the contact was coming off the line I dunno.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 12:22 PM)Wyche Wrote: It may be time.....lol

Wonder if Malaluga is out of prison right now?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Suspected Wilson was probably done but was certainly hoping that was not the case.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 11:07 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Suspected Wilson was probably done but was certainly hoping that was not the case.

We're conditioned to react that way buddy.  We're Bengal fans.  Sad
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
They haven't put him on IR yet. Granted with the roster rules they don't necessarily have to do it immediately

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 10:40 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Yea I thought knee too. I will have to watch again but I swear I thought I just saw him go down with no contact. Maybe the contact was coming off the line I dunno.

Yeah, it was strange. I saw the same thing. That's why I thought lower leg injury. He just kinda fell to the turf by himself out there. It had to be off the line, or just before he came into the frame.

(12-08-2021, 11:03 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Wonder if Malaluga is out of prison right now?

......maybe we can get Vinnie Ray to step in from the chaplain job he has.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
All of these injuries have really exposed our lack of quality depth. We have decent players but it's all just surface level. Once you get to the second/third string guys its really bad.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 10:59 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: All of these injuries have really exposed our lack of quality depth. We have decent players but it's all just surface level. Once you get to the second/third string guys its really bad.

Gotta hope some draft picks pan out, and probably get some better depth in FA yet again this year. The upside is, the team is very young, so maybe some current guys get better, and you cut bait on some of the older ones that haven't and replace them. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Zach Cunningham was claimed by the Titans. Since they are after the Bengals in the waiver order, it is clear the team did not want him on the team. Hopefully that means we will be seeing Logan Wilson sooner rather than later

Reply/Quote
And to think... Josh Bynes who is doing really well for Baltimore was interested in sticking around with the Bengals. He'd look really good as a depth piece right now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 06:33 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And to think... Josh Bynes who is doing really well for Baltimore was interested in sticking around with the Bengals. He'd look really good as a depth piece right now.

Yeah, I liked Bynes and hoped they would re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 06:24 PM)pally Wrote: Zach Cunningham was claimed by the Titans.  Since they are after the Bengals in the waiver order, it is clear the team did not want him on the team.  Hopefully that means we will be seeing Logan Wilson sooner rather than later

Well we do have Austin Calitro so who the hell needs Zach Cunningham for only about $200K. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 07:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well we do have Austin Calitro so who the hell needs Zach Cunningham for only about $200K. 

Help me understand why we didn’t get Cunningham for 275k for remainder of the year. At least that’s what titans will pay.

I’m at a loss.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 09:05 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Help me understand why we didn’t get Cunningham for 275k for remainder of the year. At least that’s what titans will pay.

I’m at a loss.

Same. Don't understand not bringing in a talent like Cunningham. These are the things that frustrate me with our Bengals FO.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 09:05 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Help me understand why we didn’t get Cunningham for 275k for remainder of the year. At least that’s what titans will pay.

I’m at a loss.

I would guess it is his disciplinary history this season.  Maybe if it had been the off-season going into OTAs or camp they might have risked it.  Every player on the team has commented on the team's chemistry, relationships, and lockerroom atmosphere.  In the playoff hunt with 5 games to go is the upside of the player enough to compensate for the risks.  Don't forget they also had a recent teammate of his in Vernon Hargreaves to get the inside scoop from.

Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 09:16 PM)pally Wrote: I would guess it is his disciplinary history this season.  Maybe if it had been the off-season going into OTAs or camp they might have risked it.  Every player on the team has commented on the team's chemistry, relationships, and lockerroom atmosphere.  In the playoff hunt with 5 games to go is the upside of the player enough to compensate for the risks.  Don't forget they also had a recent teammate of his in Vernon Hargreaves to get the inside scoop from.

Good points Pally. Even saw Hargreaves make a couple nice plays in the Chargers game.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 10:57 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, it was strange. I saw the same thing. That's why I thought lower leg injury. He just kinda fell to the turf by himself out there. It had to be off the line, or just before he came into the frame.

I thought the same thing. So I rewatched it to see if he contacted a blocker before he fell. But no one was around him I think he just got juked enough by the returner that he lost his balance and fell forward. I think he might've done it just catching his arm under him awkwardly when he fell.
Reply/Quote
Well I see Dalvin Cook is coming back tonight after missing one game. They said it was just a simple dislocation for him and no tears. But I remember having Cook on my fantasy team 2 years ago and he had a shoulder injury that he tried to play through but kept getting knocked out of games due to the injury. It seemed to last like 4 to 5 games were that happened. I heard in pregame that 2 years ago he had a dislocation with a labrum tear so I think Wilson will be back this year but it may be dependent on if we make or are on the edge of making the playoffs the last week or 2. Still would've liked to pick up Cunningham or now that he's gone that ex Dallas linebacker. We're gonna need more linebacker depth next year and it could be a good chance to get a good look at a player these last 5 games.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2021, 01:08 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Don't love the idea of him having to cover/tackle Travis Kelce, no matter how tough or smart there is a 8" and 75lb difference.

So Kelce is 6’9” and 305? Or, basically John Ogden?
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2021, 10:11 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: So Kelce is 6’9” and 305?  Or, basically John Ogden?

Nope, but to be 8" and 75 ibs bigger than than the 5'9" 186 lb Ricardo; Traics would have to be 6'5' tall and 264 ibs. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote