Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Logan Woodside arrested for DUI
(06-13-2018, 12:38 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I wish I was as lenient as you, at 23 I don't consider them "kids".   This is another Manziel in the making, send him to Cleveland, Woodside if you're reading this, you suck :paul: .  DUI in 2018 is unacceptable.

PS. Flowers, YOU are in! (Don't mess it up).

I have not met a 23 year old "man" in probably a decade. Not sure how many 23 yr olds you are around but I assure you they are kids.

Manziel in the making? Lol k whatever you gotta tell yourself to stay up on that high horse bud.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Bengals players should stay north of the river... lol.

Logan isn't another manziel in the making that's a pretty asinine comment... Kid that made a mistake..

He was in for a Fight to make the Roster anyways.. Now he might be in for a fight to make the Practice squad...

Anyways 1 bad decision a life does not make.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 03:21 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Bengals players should stay north of the river...   lol.

Logan isn't another manziel in the making that's a pretty asinine comment...   Kid that made a mistake..

He was in for a Fight to make the Roster anyways..  Now he might be in for a fight to make the Practice squad...

Anyways 1 bad decision a life does not make.
Concur  - Unless you're manziel or manson.
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 12:25 PM)depthchart Wrote: The Blood Alcohol Chart that I pulled up indicates that a 200 pound man would have the equivalent of 6 Beers in his system to blow a .11.

Drink 4 Beers in an hour to get to .08 or 6 Beers in an hour to get to .11.

Subtract .015 for each hour after drinking. It may have been at least an hour from his last drink to actually being tested.

Another Chart shows over a two fold risk increase of an accident between .08 and .12

He was likely drinking fairly steady over a number of hours to maintain a .11 and was buzzing more than some imply.

I chalk it up to being young & dumb which most all men can admit to being in some form during their early twenties.

Not a good look, especially for a QB.  If he does it again, then he is a bonehead.

The Bellevue police officer wrote the following in Woodside's citation:

.11 can feel completely different to different people. To an alcoholic .11 would be before they even started drinking heavy and they wouldn't feel it at all. To a 21 year old girl who hasn't drank before they would be hammered. BAC as a barometer for whether you're intoxicated or not is an archaic method and there's a reason lawyers tell you never to blow one or do the sobriety tests. Don't even get me started on the absurdity of police officers still conducting sobriety tests as some conclusive evidence of inebriation. 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 03:37 PM)Sweetness Wrote:
Don't even get me started
on the absurdity of police officers still conducting sobriety tests as some conclusive evidence of inebriation. 

Please elaborate...  Tongue
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 03:50 PM)depthchart Wrote:   Please elaborate...  Tongue

To start the field sobriety test was made up like 50 years ago. There's numerous research studies indicating the poor validity of the test themselves. This doesn't even count in the fact that it's all based off what the police officers says or observes which is completely subjective. Someone can pass the test but all the officer has to say is they miss said a word or their eyes are glassy and they automatically fail. 
Theres no typical human error accounted for and if an officer makes up his mind you're going to fail before the tests he can make you fail. 

The police officer miss spelled a word in his report, does that mean he was not in the right mind to be conducting the test and determine if someone should be driving? 
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 03:26 PM)BengalD Wrote: Concur  - Unless you're manziel or manson.

Manziel had a long list of bad decisions
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:58 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Man I wish I was as perfect as you.

Since you never made a bad decision in your life why aren't you running the free world?

BTW almost EVERY person here has taken a drink then driven home.  It is not as simple as you claim.  If it was then there would never be a car in  any parking lot of any club or bar because no one would ever drive when they take a drink.

I remember once using the 'but bars have parking lots' defense argument in court after a DUI.. Which is one very good reason to never show up still half drunk in court   .. Back when I was still drinking and driving a DWI as it was called at the time was little more than a parking ticket.  Times have changed. 
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 03:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No accident involved.  No guns, drugs or teenage girls in the car.  Not a very high BAC (.11).

Really no big deal.  Leon Hall, Justin Smith, and Eric Steinbach all had DUIs.  They never ended up being "problem" players

Sorry, but comparing Logan Woodside to two first round picks and a second rounder is as dumb as getting a DUI in the first place.  This guy had to do everything right to get a shot.  Dumb.  

On a side note, I seem to be the only one happy that we signed Matt Barkley.  I think he will be a very solid backup and has never been a part of a team with a strong offensive talent level or mind at the controls.  He was a consensus #1 OVERALL pick if he came out his junior year.  Reminds me a lot of Dalton: smart, good decisions, a winner.  
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 09:12 AM)Wyche Wrote: The thing I don't get in situations like this?  These guys have cab fare, hell, they have limo fare.  I just don't get it.  That's not to say I haven't done some dumb shit like this, and I'm not bashing the guy for having a few drinks or even bashing, I just don't understand it when you have that kind of coin and options at your disposal.  Maybe he thought he was good to go....

Based on when he was drafted and agent's fees, he isn't exactly rolling in it like a first rounder, but there is still no excuse.  What was he even doing up at that time of night?  He should be preparing his body and not be drinking at all.  I did that as a college student that just wanted to compete and have his school paid for by athletics, I never, ever took that chance.  From 18 to 22, never took that chance.  I don't think it was asking too much of him, either.

Opportunity blown, Logan. 
Reply/Quote
As long as it doesn't happen again, it's all good.
Reply/Quote
Young and dumb. We've all been there. That said....let the court give him his penalty and let's move on. If he doesn't learn from this, then that's even dumber, so can him.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 07:58 AM)grampahol Wrote: I remember once using the 'but bars have parking lots' defense argument in court after a DUI.. Which is one very good reason to never show up still half drunk in court   .. Back when I was still drinking and driving a DWI as it was called at the time was little more than a parking ticket.  Times have changed. 

I got pulled over by a cop who was a friend of my dad's one time.  I was fairly buzzed, but he just followed me home.  No ticket or anything.  You're right gramp's, times have changed.

As for Woodside, probably not a smart move considering he obviously wasn't trashed at .11 especially with his size.  But still a dumb move!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 07:58 AM)grampahol Wrote: I remember once using the 'but bars have parking lots' defense argument in court after a DUI.. Which is one very good reason to never show up still half drunk in court   .. Back when I was still drinking and driving a DWI as it was called at the time was little more than a parking ticket.  Times have changed. 

I could see myself using that argument lol....

Also the car came with 2 beer holders.
Reply/Quote
This should just help the decision to put Woodside on the PS this year and roll with just Dalton and Barkley.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote

Yes, less people are being killed by drunk drivers these days.  What a bummer .
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 10:05 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yes, less people are being killed by drunk drivers these days.  What a bummer .

But many more by Cell Phone users
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But many more by Cell Phone users

So many people don't even consider the dangers. In the last year I have been veered off the side of the road twice by oncoming texters veering in my lane. Have had cars pull out in front of me as well because of the same. I ***** about it, but I am also guilty of reading a text now and then when it's a work emergency and using talk & text. Although I don't have the luxury of waiting in many cases to respond, I usually try to call which can be dangerous as well. 

Reply/Quote
Unacceptable. When a guy like him does something like this, something this stupid for this day and age, he is asking to be judged. Hopefully it's just one stupid mistake and that's the end of it. But there's really no excuse these days.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 01:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: But many more by Cell Phone users

What's your point?  I'm not condoning people driving impaired in any sense and saying it's no big deal when it legitimately leads to other people being killed. I was just pointing out that back in the day when DUI's were no big deal more people were killed by drunk drivers.
Reply/Quote