Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 06:40 PM)cinci4life Wrote: 109

That's not it.  You have to pay close attention to the details of the picture.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 07:05 PM)sandwedge Wrote: 133

That's not it.  You have to look closely at the details of the picture, and also follow the rules of mathematics.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 07:50 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 133

See post #6

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It's tougher than it looks. I had to put on my reading glasses, in order to clearly see the details.

In fact, I also had this posted on my FB page. Several people that are more highly educated than myself, submitted numerous incorrect answers.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 08:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 56

Sorry, not there yet.  Be sure to follow the rules of mathematics, as well as very close attention to the details of the picture.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 08:04 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: 56

Hint--pretend you're Japanese and read right to left, which is not at all how I was taught to read a math equation.  Either somebody changed something or all my math teachers were wrong.

And, you need a magnifying glass to see the intentionally micro drawn items, which is the second element of the nonsense.

It's not so much a math problem as it is a big stupid trick constructed so whoever created it could sit around and laugh at people understandably getting it wrong.  It is an exercise in see, I'm smarter than you.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 09:28 PM)Benton Wrote: 26

No, that's not it.  Be sure to look really closely at the details of the picture, and also follow the rules of mathematics.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 09:30 PM)McC Wrote: Hint--pretend you're Japanese and read right to left, which is not at all how I was taught to read a math equation.  Either somebody changed something or all my math teachers were wrong.

And, you need a magnifying glass to see the intentionally micro drawn items, which is the second element of the nonsense.

It's not so much a math problem as it is a big stupid trick constructed so whoever created it could sit around and laugh at people understandably getting it wrong.  It is an exercise in see, I'm smarter than you.

It's not a "right to left" or "left to right" thing as much as simply following the rules of basic mathematics.  

Hint:  PEMDAS, given you've correctly deciphered the value of each variable from the clues in the picture.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 09:59 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not a "right to left" or "left to right" thing as much as simply following the rules of basic mathematics.  

Hint:  PEMDAS, given you've correctly deciphered the value of each variable from the clues in the picture.

I was taught that, unless there are parentheses, an equation is read from left to right, period.  To do it otherwise seems very contrived and to no good end, aside from confusing the hell out of people.

I repeat, this whole thing, which has been done dozens of ways, mainly on FB, is not an exercise in logic or math skills or intelligence.  It's really nothing more than some guy's idea of how to trick people and feel superior about it.

Oh yeah, don't forget the paint brush stuck up the wizard's ass.  SMH.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 10:00 PM)Jason_NC Wrote: 38

No, that's not it.  Keep looking closer.

(04-05-2020, 10:03 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: 32

Ooh, that was my first answer when I saw this puzzle.  Unfortunately, you're not seeing the details of the picture completely, yet.

(04-05-2020, 10:06 PM)McC Wrote: I was taught that, unless there are parentheses, an equation is read from left to right, period.  To do it otherwise seems very contrived and to no good end, aside from confusing the hell out of people.

I repeat, this whole thing, which has been done dozens of ways, mainly on FB, is not an exercise in logic or math skills or intelligence.  It's really nothing more than some guy's idea of how to trick people and feel superior about it.

Oh yeah, don't forget the paint brush stuck up the wizard's ass.  SMH.

Calm down.  The rules of mathematics do not say "look at parenthesis" and then go left to right.  PEMDAS is the strict order of operations.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-05-2020, 10:18 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: 112

No, that's not it.  You must pay closer attention to the details of the picture, and then follow the rules of mathematics.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote