Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks Like Trump’s Campaign Has Already Violated Election Law
http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/30/looks_like_trump_s_campaign_has_already_violated_election_law.html?wpsrc=kwfacebookdt&kwp_0=176685&kwp_4=715734&kwp_1=361596

Quote:It’s only been about a week since Donald Trump started emailing supporters to solicit campaign donations, asking them to make “this the most successful first fundraising email ever.” The new fundraising kick, though, seems to have already failed in one crucial regard: obeying basic election laws.

As Bloomberg reports, a pair of nonpartisan watchdog groups filed complaints to the Federal Election Commission on Wednesday after Trump’s campaign reportedly emailed foreign government officials to solicit cash, a violation of federal law.

The Washington Post noted that fundraising emails were sent to lawmakers in the United Kingdom, Iceland, Australia, and other countries.

“We’ve set another Trump-sized goal to raise another $10 million by Thursday at midnight. Please chip in what you can to help make Donald J. Trump the next President of the United States,” said one of the emails, which was sent to a conservative in the House of Commons named Sir Roger Gale.

“I don’t know if someone at Team Trump was stupid enough to think that all Conservative Party MPs would consider themselves Republicans,” Gale told the Post. “But I asked around, and it seems that most others did get these emails, too.”

The Post also quoted an Icelandic leftist politician who was solicited by Trump. “I am a Left-Green politician and would not support his campaign,” she said.

Trump’s campaign did not respond to request for comment from the two news organizations. It’s still unclear whether the fundraising effort was intentional or accidental, which would determine how bad of a violation this actually was. It’s also against the law to accept money from foreign nationals, so presumably if any of the people on this list actually donated then those contributions would have to be returned.

“If it's a knowing and willful violation, it could be criminal,” Bob Biersack, a former longtime FEC staffer who could not remember something like this having happened before, told Bloomberg.

“If the solicitations were sent in error, it's not clear what action the FEC would take,” the wire service reported.
Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Another first (maybe) if its criminal, as the two nominees will have faced charges during the election year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
What an amateur....Hillary would never get caught doing that.
--------------------------------------------------------

Did the person in his campaign in charge of this ever take political science in college? And if they did, did he/she not take a class on campaigns? Pretty basic rule in the world of presidential campaigning.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-06-2016, 04:25 PM)JustWinBaby Wrote: What an amateur....Hillary would never get caught doing that.

Nah, just her friends. McAuliffe is under investigation for taking money from a Chinese donor.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-06-2016, 04:16 PM)Benton Wrote: Another first (maybe) if its criminal, as the two nominees will have faced charges during the election year.

they already started installing bars on the oval office?
(07-06-2016, 04:35 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: they already started installing bars on the oval office?

Yea, pull up bars for Gary Johnson.

[Image: 110702_gq_johnson_d2.jpg]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

The difference between Trump and Hillary is that both the DNC and RNC will be pushing for criminal charges.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-06-2016, 05:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The difference between Trump and Hillary is that both the DNC and RNC will be pushing for criminal charges.

And Trump would never be "stupid".   Mellow
(07-06-2016, 05:42 PM)GMDino Wrote: And Trump would never be "stupid".   Mellow

It's not about stupid, it's about Intent.
This guy needs to be indicted too.

Maybe Matt is right, Gary "The Head" Johnson isn't such a bad choice if we can make sure to get those who vote (D) and ® no matter what down to 25-30%.
(07-06-2016, 06:03 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: It's not about stupid, it's about Intent.

I'm sure he's not intentionally stupid. 
Quote:Looks Like Trump’s Campaign Has Already Violated Election Law

Which is just what he plans, so he can get Hillary elected, which has been his plan all along.
(07-06-2016, 04:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yea, pull up bars for Gary Johnson.

[Image: 110702_gq_johnson_d2.jpg]

[Image: you-know-how-i-know-you-re-gay-o.gif]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-06-2016, 08:36 PM)Stewy Wrote: Which is just what he plans, so he can get Hillary elected, which has been his plan all along.

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.
(07-06-2016, 10:10 PM)bfine32 Wrote: [Image: you-know-how-i-know-you-re-gay-o.gif]

didn't even need subtitles. I almost added to that post "maybe the gayest thing I ever post here"
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-06-2016, 10:15 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.

You watch.  He's going to do everything he can to get disqualified or painted as a hater/bigot/idiot/moron, and if none of that works and the sheeple still look like they're going to elect him, he'll pull out of the race a week before the election.  Hillary will be the next President because Trump is sabotaging the race.  You watch.  It's going to happen.
(07-06-2016, 04:11 PM)GMDino Wrote: http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2016/06/30/looks_like_trump_s_campaign_has_already_violated_election_law.html?wpsrc=kwfacebookdt&kwp_0=176685&kwp_4=715734&kwp_1=361596

Mellow

Three words--He ain't Hillary. 

He could kill someone and still be better than her.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

(07-07-2016, 06:37 AM)McC Wrote: Three words--He ain't Hillary. 

He could kill someone and still be better than her.

In all seriousness, you have a problem..
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-06-2016, 08:18 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: This guy needs to be indicted too.

Maybe Matt is right, Gary "The Head" Johnson isn't such a bad choice if we can make sure to get those who vote (D) and ® no matter what down to 25-30%.

Ain't no maybe about it. The only thing I don't like about it is that if there is no candidate that receives the majority then I believe the decision falls upon the Senate (could be the House, pre-coffee civics talks are difficult). That means that a legislative body that the public overwhelmingly disapproves of is going to decide the next POTUS.

We are going to be stuck for four years with a POTUS that most people will not be happy with either because they "held [their] nose" and voted for the lesser of two evils in their mind or because Congress made the choice for us. Johnson and Stein have no chance of winning outright and they won't be put in office by Congress, but if another party can at least get some traction then that will be good. Whether Cilnton or Trump takes office, we have to take solace in the fact that while Congress may be filled with idiots, they aren't on the same level as those two and will at least work to make sure the damage is not overwhelming.