Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like Chad Johnson is back in the NFL
http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-cincinnati-bengals-chad-johnson-job-hue-jackson-071216

Not clear if it's an official position or not, but it seems like he's heading up to Cleveland to work with Hue's WRs. Normally I would make a comment about the Browns being the Browns, etc, but this time I will just say good luck to Chad and I hope he does a great job for 14 of the 16 weeks in the season.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I'm guessing it'll be like when we had Al Saunders in camp. Not an official coach, but someone to help for a few weeks.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I love Chad and what he did for the city, but is the distraction that he carries along with him really worth it?
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 04:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-cincinnati-bengals-chad-johnson-job-hue-jackson-071216

Not clear if it's an official position or not, but it seems like he's heading up to Cleveland to work with Hue's WRs. Normally I would make a comment about the Browns being the Browns, etc, but this time I will just say good luck to Chad and I hope he does a great job for 14 of the 16 weeks in the season.

he and hue are good friends from his time here with hue as his WR? coach....     no issue with chad wanting to coach and taking it where it can get it.

Wanted the bengals to offer him a job maybe managing the teams social media...
Reply/Quote
Cleveland's WRs will struggle blocking down field. Their TD celebrations will be 2nd to none though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 04:35 PM)jason Wrote: Cleveland's WRs will struggle blocking down field. Their TD celebrations will be 2nd to none though.

You're assuming that a Cleveland WR will score a touchdown in 2016.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 04:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I love Chad and what he did for the city, but is the distraction that he carries along with him really worth it?

I think Chad has mellowed from 'Chad the showman' to 'Chad the middle age guy looking at finding employment the next 30ish years'. If he goes in an teaches some of the young guys some of what he learned in a very good NFL career — both on and off the field — then he can be an asset to a team.

(07-12-2016, 04:35 PM)jason Wrote: Cleveland's WRs will struggle blocking down field. Their TD celebrations will be 2nd to none though.

Hmmm. Is this a way of saying they'll have one touchdown?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 05:18 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: You're assuming that a Cleveland WR will score a touchdown in 2016.

I have this funny feeling that the Browns will make some noise this year. I could see them with 7 wins if they get a bounce or two.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I wish Chad all the luck in the world, like you say 14 games a year.
Reply/Quote

they will dive for every catch lol

I miss chad sometimes.
Reply/Quote
ill never fiorget my first encounter with him. My son (the little guy in my profile pic was maybe 3 at the time) Im dragging him down to Georgetown for opening day of Training Camp. I get down there and realize I don't have a sharpie. I go into that Kmart right off the Georgetown exit. We are walking around both wearing our Chad Johnson jerseys and I look up and Chad is walking right at us with a big grin on his face. Apparently buying some things for his dorm stay. But he stopped and gave us maybe 30 seconds of his time and fist bumped my son and I. Of course my 3 yr old is like not caring. Meanwhile Im hyperventilating and trying to call my wife at the same time. Say what you will about his antics and what not but he put Cinci in the spotlight (aliong w/ Carson). One thing I appreciate--his antics were never drugs or suspensions, etc.. how many games did he cost us b/c he was suspended?
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 04:22 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/cleveland-browns-cincinnati-bengals-chad-johnson-job-hue-jackson-071216

F the Browns and Chad ...... enough said on that one ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote

And they'll somehow make Carson Palmer a better QB than he really is.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I thought for sure he'd work for a network when he retired. Sad he went out like a punk.

Reply/Quote
Ehh, the guy got a small job that is football-related. Good for him. Why the negativity? Didn't we recently hype ourselves up when TJ "get me outta here I'm totally a #1 WR" Douschemanzadeh ate his humble pie to coach the WRs here? Hell, that guy even PLAYED for Ravens and traitor Palmer's Raiders and we seemed to have forgiven him.

Ida know, seems like for years we tried to convince Steelers and Ravens fans that Chad was a great WR and now we're even quicker to rag on the guy than they are. Guess we were wrong the entire time...ouch! Oh wait, he "turned into" Ohsostinko and that's when we all got off the wagon and blah blah blah.
Reply/Quote

guaranteed to disappear in big games!

Reply/Quote
Can't believe one of my favorite Bengals is gonna work for the Browns, gross
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 05:18 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: You're assuming that a Cleveland WR will score a touchdown in 2016.

thats funny. They have Hawkins who I loved when he was here...they might score 1 or 2. But gonna be a rough year again this year for them
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2016, 06:49 PM)BengalintheCbus Wrote: ill never fiorget my first encounter with him. My son (the little guy in my profile pic was maybe 3 at the time) Im dragging him down to Georgetown for opening day of Training Camp. I get down there and realize I don't have a sharpie.  I go into that Kmart right off the Georgetown exit. We are walking around both wearing our Chad Johnson jerseys and I look up and Chad is walking right at us with a big grin on his face. Apparently buying some things for his dorm stay.  But he stopped and gave us maybe 30 seconds of his time and fist bumped my son and I.  Of course my 3 yr old is like not caring. Meanwhile Im hyperventilating and trying to call my wife at the same time. Say what you will about his antics and what not but he put Cinci in the spotlight (aliong w/ Carson). One thing I appreciate--his antics were never drugs or suspensions, etc.. how many games did he cost us b/c he was suspended
 Really ? "Hyperventilating" ? A grown man "hyperventilating" over an athlete ? Now that's funny !
Reply/Quote
I thought his response to being asked on Twitter "if he had ever asked Marvin Lewis to help coach" was pretty funny!

http://local12.com/sports/bengals/hue-jackson-reportedly-offers-chad-johnson-chance-to-help-coach-in-camp

All in all though.....I wish him nothing but the best. Always Liked Chad......he can be over-the-top eccentric sometimes.....but he always
had a good heart.
Reply/Quote