Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looks like Doc is having none of "the process"
(03-16-2017, 04:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ??? Hill's fumble was clearly a fumble.

That said, I highly doubt any team is working on a trade deal for a RB who has averaged 3.6 and 3.8 yards per carry the last two years. It's too easy to find decent/good/great RBs in the later rounds to be wasting the picks on trading for unproductive RBs.

2016 RB, 5th round or later, 50+ carries, 4.0 YPC or higher:

DeAndre Washington- 87 carries, 467 yards (5.4 YPC)
Paul Perkins- 112 carries, 456 yards (4.1 YPC)
Jordan Howard- 252 carries, 1,313 yards (5.2 YPC)
Wendell Smallwood- 77 carries, 414 yards (4.1 YPC)
Rob Kelley- 168 carries, 704 yards (4.2 YPC)

That's just one year of rookies from the 5th round or later who were productive. Nobody is dedicating pre-draft time to work on a deal for Hill. Even less trading for him so they can have him for one year. He's not anyone's missing piece.

There's rumors that Jeremy could be subject to a day 3 trade in the draft. Obviously no one knows the truth, but I could see it happen if some team misses out on a 5th-6th round RB they want.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The fumble that wasn't really a fumble     and it happened 2x in that game one for each rb and the TD that wasn't a Td for the steelers..

Well as far as hill goes...  Teams are working on trade deals in the draft for him

This is fake news
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:48 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: He went into more than just Hill and Burkhead, but I found that nickname rather funny.....Two Yard Jeremy.... LMAO

Yeah, but if you take into account his cool TD dances, that has to count for at least two YPC right? Ninja LMAO
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Refreshing to see that media guys like Doc and players like Dunlap aren't the only ones besides the fans that are questioning what the Bengals are doing. You can make excuses for Whits age and Zeliters money but how is that a team that is in " cap hell" according to Hobson isnt cutting Maualuga. Hobson stated the Bengals are waiting for the legal process to play out with pacman which is a joke the video alone should have him gone along with the fact this is what his 11th run in with the law ? Looking at drafting an RB that committed the disgusting act of knocking out a women unconscious. Their is a video of that too for those who are interested. If Mixon was on the Bengals when that happened and a video surfaced the Bengals would probably state their wating for the legal process to play out. Keeping a coach that hasn't won a playoff game in 15 years coming off a 6 win season asking for a contract extension. All head scratching and non logical.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ??? Hill's fumble was clearly a fumble.

That said, I highly doubt any team is working on a trade deal for a RB who has averaged 3.6 and 3.8 yards per carry the last two years. It's too easy to find decent/good/great RBs in the later rounds to be wasting the picks on trading for unproductive RBs.

That's just one year of rookies from the 5th round or later who were productive. Nobody is dedicating pre-draft time to work on a deal for Hill. Even less trading for him so they can have him for one year. He's not anyone's missing piece.

except his arm was down... but that cant be changed now.

Hill while short on yards per carry isn't short on TDs scored...
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: There's rumors that Jeremy could be subject to a day 3 trade in the draft. Obviously no one knows the truth, but I could see it happen if some team misses out on a 5th-6th round RB they want.

I counterpoint that there was reports that Whitworth was a lock to re-sign with the Bengals, and that there were rumors that the Bengals were going to pursue Logan Ryan.

AKA: I will believe it when I see it.

I just can't imagine anyone giving up draft picks for one year of a guy who has been pretty awful the last two years at a position that is absurdly easy to find talent at.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not sure what the big deal is.

Rex is a 3rd down back.  Hill is on a rookie deal.  Hill is a different kind of back.  Jermey Hill would shine in New England too.

Sorry, but this one doesn't really make sense.

Jeremy Hill hasn't been good for two years now. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Also yesterday, they lost Rex Burkhead, who will absolutely shine next fall in New England. They retain Two-Yard Jeremy, though.

Ooh.  Ooh.  This is a fun game.  Play make believe then pretend that it is real.  Can I play?

"98% of Bengal fans eat crow as Bengal O-line play keys offensive resurgence."

Ha Ha I really got you guys with that "zinger", didn't I.

Anyone else want to play?

Rex played really well when he got a chance last year with the Bengals. So its not really "make believe". 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:34 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I counterpoint that there was reports that Whitworth was a lock to re-sign with the Bengals, and that there were rumors that the Bengals were going to pursue Logan Ryan.

AKA: I will believe it when I see it.

I just can't imagine anyone giving up draft picks for one year of a guy who has been pretty awful the last two years at a position that is absurdly easy to find talent at.

Someone may just look at him as a goal line back or someone to give the starter a breather.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
Reply/Quote
He isnt exactly sold on Andre coming back either, which I agree. Definitely a big 'wait & see' if it will work out or not.

"Yesterday, the Bengals brought back a player that as recently as a year ago they had no further use for. A guy who underachieved his way through his first couple seasons here, then as he developed had injury issues that persist to this day. Andre Smith left for Minnesota after last year, where he missed 12 games with a torn triceps. The Vikings didn’t think Smith was important enough to keep, even though he’s just 30 years old. He hasn’t played a full season in four years. In his eight years as a pro, Smith has played a full season exactly twice.

The Bengals potentially will play Smith at right guard. He’s never played guard in the NFL. They label this “flexibility.’’
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:47 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He isnt exactly sold on Andre coming back either, which I agree. Definitely a big 'wait & see' if it will work out or not.

"Yesterday, the Bengals brought back a player that as recently as a year ago they had no further use for. A guy who underachieved his way through his first couple seasons here, then as he developed had injury issues that persist to this day. Andre Smith left for Minnesota after last year, where he missed 12 games with a torn triceps. The Vikings didn’t think Smith was important enough to keep, even though he’s just 30 years old. He hasn’t played a full season in four years. In his eight years as a pro, Smith has played a full season exactly twice.

The Bengals potentially will play Smith at right guard. He’s never played guard in the NFL. They label this “flexibility.’’

It's true. We drafted his replacement in 2015, and now we're bringing him back in 2017 to replace a guy who we kept rolling money over to re-sign who we didn't re-sign.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:17 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2017/03/15/morning-line-315/99203456/

Some real zingers in here.....my personal fave:

Glad to see the local media calling out that bullshit too. :andy:

Rex is the prototypical player New England likes. Glad he's getting a shot at something that would never happen in Cincinnati, winning a postseason game.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:54 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: It's true. We drafted his replacement in 2015, and now we're bringing him back in 2017 to replace a guy who we kept rolling money over to re-sign who we didn't re-sign.

C'mon you have to have faith in Paul Alexander. I mean look at what he did with guys like Stacy Andrews and Eric Guicic.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:47 PM)Millhouse Wrote: He isnt exactly sold on Andre coming back either, which I agree. Definitely a big 'wait & see' if it will work out or not.

Besides the face he has never played guard in either the NFL or college, I saw yesterday that his PFF grade has steadily gone down since 2012.  Not to mention all the injuries.  I always liked Andre, but don't think he comes close to fixing the offensive line problems.
Reply/Quote

Too bad there were 16 RBs taken in the 5th round or later in '16.

Less than a one-in-three chance of finding a guy like that in the 5th round or later.  Not really that easy at all.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:59 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Besides the face he has never played guard in either the NFL or college, I saw yesterday that his PFF grade has steadily gone down since 2012.  Not to mention all the injuries.  I always liked Andre, but don't think he comes close to fixing the offensive line problems.

Smith is a band-aid, maybe, at best. We still need major surgery to avoid being under .500 again this season.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:59 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: C'mon you have to have faith in Paul Alexander.  I mean look at what he did with guys like Stacy Andrews and Eric Guicic.

Stacy Andrews never even played a meaningful snap of football in college, yet after being coached up by PA he got a $40 million 6 year deal in free agency.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:24 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: There's rumors that Jeremy could be subject to a day 3 trade in the draft. Obviously no one knows the truth, but I could see it happen if some team misses out on a 5th-6th round RB they want.

Is this rumor from the same place as where the Logan Ryan interest came from? Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 05:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Stacy Andrews never even played a meaningful snap of football in college, yet after being coached up by PA he got a $40 million 6 year deal in free agency.

And still sucked.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not sure what the big deal is.

Rex is a 3rd down back.  Hill is on a rookie deal.  Hill is a different kind of back.  Jermey Hill would shine in New England too.

Sorry, but this one doesn't really make sense.

Got to disagree with you a little bit Hammer.  We're the ones that designated Rex a backup 3rd down back. 

But he proved with our disabled offensive line that he could assume the bell cow role, and better than Hill - though I think it was clear that Hill was playing hurt most of the year.   Bottom line is that Rex had great vision in the hole, ran hard every play, was a good special teamer and could catch the ball really well.   He had a very good average YPC.

When a really smart professional like Whit says he'd be confident in Rex being a #1 running back and the Patriots, who know a little bit about personnel and winning, see fit to sign the guy to play a rotational role I have to feel like the Bengals missed something.

I know the Bengals are looking to draft a back in a pretty deep field - probably cheaper than what they were going to have to pay Rex, but with Rex we know what we have.  And it's a very good back who can do a lot for this team.  In the draft we're gambling every time we make a pick.

And after saving Lord knows how much money by letting both of our best offensive linemen walk I'm not sure how we could not find the money to stabilize ONE room on that team.

This is just piss poor personnel management and most people know it.   Football people, media people (including former players & coaches) and fans.

It may turn out OK but frankly I doubt it.  Because we have literally squat for tackles.  I'd be very happy to eat my words but I don't see us having anything but a total bust in Ogbuehi - and nothing but Fisher to back him up.  And both those guys are major injury factories.

I'm even angrier about this year than when we screwed up and let Jonathan Joseph walk.   In any other business there would be pink slips involved.

Just saying brother
Reply/Quote