Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looks like Doc is having none of "the process"
(03-16-2017, 02:54 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I have a feeling we see burkhead in the slot a lot in NE. I bet he does very well there. I think hill is a decent running back, who refuses to accept his true identity. He wants to be a homerun hitter, but at the NFL level its just not his game.

Hill wants to be a scatback and he's a power back. That's the identity he's lost. I don't think there's no saving him.

Is anyone but a selective few having any of this "Process"?. Players and fans are about done with this franchise.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 05:26 PM)ochocincos Wrote: And still sucked.

Just because the Eagle coaches could not get the same production from him as PA.  That happens to a lot of bengal O-linemen who get good deals based on how they played under PA, but underperform for their new teams.  Like Livings, Steinbach, and Collins.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 04:34 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: except his arm was down... but that cant be changed now.

Hill while short on yards per carry isn't short on TDs scored...

Mmhmm...

(03-16-2017, 05:17 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Too bad there were 16 RBs taken in the 5th round or later in '16.

Less than a one-in-three chance of finding a guy like that in the 5th round or later.  Not really that easy at all.

Nice try using Fred numbers, but there were 12 RBs taken in the 5th-7th round of the 2016 draft. Unless you're going to count FBs, which I assume you are, because you're Fred. "Oh look, the fullbacks didn't become HoF RBs, so clearly taking a RB in the draft is a bad choice! Derp!"

Also you conveniently ignored that there was a 50 carry minimum to my list. A lack of playing doesn't inherently mean a lack of talent. Of course they aren't going to make the list if they don't get carries... "Oh, Jonathan Williams was a fifth round pick for the Bills, and was behind LeSean McCoy and Mike Gillislee, so he only got 27 carries all year? He must SUUUUCK! Don't draft RBs because it's not easy!"

This is why nobody takes you seriously, Fred. Please go focus more on writing your Paul Alexander x Kyle Cook fanfiction.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just because the Eagle coaches could not get the same production from him as PA.  That happens to a lot of bengal O-linemen who get good deals based on how they played under PA, but underperform for their new teams.  Like Livings, Steinbach, and Collins.

The Bengals didn't get good production from Stacy Andrews. What proof do you have that Stacy Andrews had "good production" with Cincinnati? I don't ever recall seeing anyone say that Stacy Andrews was "good" back in the mid-2000's. The Eagles simply overpaid for a mediocre-at-best talent and it bit them in the butt.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
It's time we moved on from Hill.

All of you laughed at me too.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Also yesterday, they lost Rex Burkhead, who will absolutely shine next fall in New England. They retain Two-Yard Jeremy, though.

Ooh.  Ooh.  This is a fun game.  Play make believe then pretend that it is real.  Can I play?

"98% of Bengal fans eat crow as Bengal O-line play keys offensive resurgence."

Ha Ha I really got you guys with that "zinger", didn't I.

Anyone else want to play?

Your train has jumped the track, sir.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Also yesterday, they lost Rex Burkhead, who will absolutely shine next fall in New England. They retain Two-Yard Jeremy, though.

Ooh.  Ooh.  This is a fun game.  Play make believe then pretend that it is real.  Can I play?

Not only that, but the Bengals go on a ten year Super bowl run and lay waste to the rest of the league forcing every disgruntled Bengals fan to issue public apologies to Mikey while forking over the cash to build a 70 foot tall statue of him and Marvin embracing the  Lombardi ..   With the caption: Trust the process..carved at their feet. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 06:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Mmhmm...

Nice try using Fred numbers, but there were 12 RBs taken in the 5th-7th round of the 2016 draft. Unless you're going to count FBs, which I assume you are, because you're Fred. "Oh look, the fullbacks didn't become HoF RBs, so clearly taking a RB in the draft is a bad choice! Derp!"

Also you conveniently ignored that there was a 50 carry minimum to my list. A lack of playing doesn't inherently mean a lack of talent. Of course they aren't going to make the list if they don't get carries... "Oh, Jonathan Williams was a fifth round pick for the Bills, and was behind LeSean McCoy and Mike Gillislee, so he only got 27 carries all year? He must SUUUUCK! Don't draft RBs because it's not easy!"

This is why nobody takes you seriously, Fred. Please go focus more on writing your Paul Alexander x Kyle Cook fanfiction.

He's simply trolling and trying to stir up drama. He's not serious about 90% of the stuff he posts here. Best to just let him spew his nonsense and not give him the satisfaction of a response. 
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 08:31 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: He's simply trolling and trying to stir up drama. He's not serious about 90% of the stuff he posts here. Best to just let him spew his nonsense and not give him the satisfaction of a response. 

He's still mad he got the ban hammer. It's ok let him work it out in his own Fred way.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They know what they lost. They've tried to be forward thinking. Had Ced not flopped so hard at RT last year, had Bodine panned out better, the tone of this conversation would be alot different. To be honest, Marvin reminds of Charlie Brown. So does Mike Brown. They just have shit for luck sometimes. This is one of those times. They've also had some good luck. Andy and AJ made losing CP9 and Chad one hell of alot easier.

With our nucleus as strong as it is, I think we can look at drafting so early in this draft as an opportunity to get least two really good players like Reddick and Mixon. If we're lucky we'll end up with more than that.

It's going to be interesting to see how well we recover from our losses.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 08:49 PM)Shady Wrote: They know what they lost. They've tried to be forward thinking. Had Ced not flopped so hard at RT last year, had Bodine panned out better, the tone of this conversation would be alot different. To be honest, Marvin reminds of Charlie Brown. So does Mike Brown. They just have shit for luck sometimes. This is one of those times. They've also had some good luck. Andy and AJ made losing CP9 and Chad one hell of alot easier.

With our nucleus as strong as it is, I think we can look at drafting so early in this draft as an opportunity to get least two really good players like Reddick and Mixon. If we're lucky we'll end up with more than that.

It's going to be interesting to see how well we recover from our losses.

That's true enough.  Tagging whit for one more year wouldn't have been terrible tho.  Ced didn't look like he could block out the sun last year.  I hope the year of experience, more weight trainning and being one more year removed matter.  Maybe the left side will be better for him.  
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2017/03/15/morning-line-315/99203456/

Some real zingers in here.....my personal fave:

Glad to see the local media calling out that bullshit too. :andy:

He is correct and to anyone arguing that Rex is not better than Hill you are wrong and you will be proven wrong
this year when he puts up great numbers in New England. I would draft him on my FF team but i would never draft
Hill with his terrible vision and identity crisis.

I wish i was wrong though and Hill became who he was his rookie year.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:26 PM)magikod Wrote: Jeremy better get his shit together this year.

He's lazy, so I don't expect it. He said he was going to get down to business last year after the horrified fumble. Even said he wasn't going to celebrate in the endzone anymore. Dumbass was dancing with a losing record. Shows his ability to stay focused.
(03-16-2017, 02:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Doc has been kind to the Bengals since 2011. Especially for a guy who ripped them non stop for so many years. Even when I've felt they've deserved it, Doc has been kind of soft on them. So I'm surprised he finally ripped into them. It's refreshing, honestly. Finally some honesty from the local media.

I agree. I loved this article. Felt like someone actually voiced my opinion better than I could. This team is the toilet neck of the NFL. Shit goes down, goes back up a little to give you hope, then travels straight to hell!

(03-16-2017, 02:48 PM)Wyche Wrote: He went into more than just Hill and Burkhead, but I found that nickname rather funny.....Two Yard Jeremy.... LMAO

Actually, I would love to be called 2 yard Dog. Just saying. ThumbsUp

(03-16-2017, 02:51 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Either Rex is not all that or the coaching staff really underestimated him all this time.  Part of me thinks he is going to break out in the Patriots' system, which will be great for him.  I don't think he would have ever gotten the opportunity here.

This article basically says what most of us are thinking, "WTF"?  The team seems to be headed in the wrong direction, and picking up steam in doing so.

Rex will do wonderful there and I'm glad for him, sad for us. He was a hidden gem.

(03-16-2017, 02:54 PM)pdub2005 Wrote: I have a feeling we see burkhead in the slot a lot in NE. I bet he does very well there. I think hill is a decent running back, who refuses to accept his true identity. He wants to be a homerun hitter, but at the NFL level its just not his game.

B.B. will recognize every strength Rex has and utilize it awesomely. Rex will be great in N.E.

(03-16-2017, 03:34 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sexy Rexy is the highest paid RB on their Roster. He will be more than a 3rd String RB.

Damn right he will be. They're not blind to talent.

(03-16-2017, 03:41 PM)Benton Wrote: From what it sounds like, Rex is a hard worker who wants a shot to be a bigger contributor. If he tries hard and does what he's told, he will do fine on the Pats. That's what makes them what they are. If a guy doesn't listen, even if he's good, they just put in a guy who does what he's told.

That's what makes the Pats great, and Bengals not so great. They do what their told, we fly all over the field like young children playing in the school yard. Do your effin jobs!

(03-16-2017, 04:12 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Agreed. This "process" doesn't look promising for us, and Doc is calling them out on it.

I got to admit, I don't know who DOC is, but I like the guy and I love his calling out in this article.

(03-16-2017, 04:15 PM)Sled21 Wrote: "2 Yard Jeremy" might just be my next jersey.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

You won't have any problems getting a date at Longworth Hall.

(03-16-2017, 04:17 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: ??? Hill's fumble was clearly a fumble.

Damn right it was. It was a stupid ass fumble as well. I am surprised he's still aloud in this city. Douchebag!

(03-16-2017, 04:27 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: This is fake news

Damnit! I thought we were on to something!

Bottom line: We are screwed for next season. Marvin will be retained and the Bengals fans will officially change their address to purgatory. It's going to be a long, slow, painful many years before we see hope again. God bless you all, and for those who don't believe in the big guy? Well, your in my thoughts!

Reply/Quote
If Bengals are offered a trade for Hill they should pounce.

He will not be on that rookie contract much longer anyhow.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 06:45 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Nice try using Fred numbers, but there were 12 RBs taken in the 5th-7th round of the 2016 draft. Unless you're going to count FBs, which I assume you are, because you're Fred. "Oh look, the fullbacks didn't become HoF RBs, so clearly taking a RB in the draft is a bad choice! Derp!"

So you are claiming that fullbacks are not running backs?

Everyone else I know think that FBs are running backs.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 11:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So you are claiming that fullbacks are not running backs?

Everyone else I know think that FBs are running backs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000760503/article/nfl-announces-2017-pro-bowl-rosters

Running back: Le'Veon Bell*, Steelers; DeMarco Murray, Titans; LeSean McCoy, Bills

Fullback: Kyle Juszcyzyk*, Ravens

- - - - - - - -

Really, quit while you're only behind this far.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Can you play...

(03-16-2017, 06:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just because the Eagle coaches could not get the same production from him as PA.  That happens to a lot of bengal O-linemen who get good deals based on how they played under PA, but underperform for their new teams.  Like Livings, Steinbach, and Collins.

Yes...apparently you can play the make up garbage and pretend it's real game more than once.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2017/03/15/morning-line-315/99203456/

Some real zingers in here.....my personal fave:

Glad to see the local media calling out that bullshit too. :andy:

Thanks for the link...I didn't know Doc was moving on.  Nice article.  I have always enjoyed him.  Anyone know where he is going?  Maybe that is why he felt free to take some shots?

It is one of the most liberating experiences....when you have a new job, and are leaving your old one.  You get to completely speak your mind without any fear of retribution.  You have to be careful, though, as if you get to experience this euphoria more than a couple times....well, it kind of sticks with you.  People always say they want honest feedback.  They don't.  Especially in business.  Haha.  

I can relate to Doc's self career-limiting actions to have a permanent home.  I have lived, and will live my life out in Centerville, Ohio.  It's my home.  I have been offered really good positions in Chicago, Boston, and Nashville (that one was really tough to turn down), but in the end I am happy with the careers I have had and I am happy that my kids have grown up with the same home they came home from the hospital to live in.  I don't begrudge others that want to climb the ladder, be in the rat race...in fact, I realized through a course at church on authentic leadership that it is a large part of what gives me fulfillment:  helping others get to where they want to be.  So that is why I have remained a coach and sales trainer for all these years in my various positions.  It fills me.  

Nice article, Doc, and best of luck wherever you end up.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Whoa whoa whoa, it's 3.8 yard Jeremy, thank you very much! Ninja

Yeah, that is including the Cleveland games...they would win those without him or if they just wanted to pad Andy's stats.  At least, that was how the Browns were last year.  I think Hue has a lot of good things going on there.  Now, give us pick #33 and you can have AJM.  
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:42 PM)bengals67 Wrote: didn't Rex play almost the entire game against Ravens.

He would not have fumbled against the Steelers in playoff game

And the Pats would have no interest in Hill if he was available. None.

Rex is a better RB than Hill and could have been a featured back

Yes X 4

You could add that he is also an outstanding receiver, great on special teams, capable at blitz pickup and you would also be correct on all three...ironically three more things Hill is NOT.  And guess which one we believe in and keep on our roster.  99% of the other teams in the NFL would have cut Hill and given his money to Sexy.

Remember the dinner meeting on Hard Knocks where Hue is telling the RBs that no job is etched in stone and anyone could become the starter?  Lies, lies, lies....although Hue wasn't here to make that call.  I now have two reasons to root for the Pats:  Local kid Joe Thuney and Sexy.  
Reply/Quote