Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Looks like Doc is having none of "the process"
http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2017/03/15/morning-line-315/99203456/

Some real zingers in here.....my personal fave:

Quote:Also yesterday, they lost Rex Burkhead, who will absolutely shine next fall in New England. They retain Two-Yard Jeremy, though.

Glad to see the local media calling out that bullshit too. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Not sure what the big deal is.

Rex is a 3rd down back. Hill is on a rookie deal. Hill is a different kind of back. Jermey Hill would shine in New England too.

Sorry, but this one doesn't really make sense.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2017/03/15/morning-line-315/99203456/

Whoa whoa whoa, it's 3.8 yard Jeremy, thank you very much! Ninja
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Jeremy better get his shit together this year.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/blogs/daugherty-blog/2017/03/15/morning-line-315/99203456/

bengals also have obvious interest in drafting a RB this year as well...  Probly let hill finish out his rookie deal.  and see where gio is at..

We liked rex burkhead but lets not pretend we would have played him more had we brought him back.  We have been calling for more burkhead for 3 years lol

He was underused here for sure..

Now I cant say hes gonna shine in new England he will probly be the 3rd string RB on their DC and he is very similar to what they already have.. he will probly be an insurance policy incase one of the RBs get hurt or a WR. and play special teams.
Reply/Quote
Doc has been kind to the Bengals since 2011. Especially for a guy who ripped them non stop for so many years. Even when I've felt they've deserved it, Doc has been kind of soft on them. So I'm surprised he finally ripped into them. It's refreshing, honestly. Finally some honesty from the local media.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not sure what the big deal is.

Rex is a 3rd down back.  Hill is on a rookie deal.  Hill is a different kind of back.  Jermey Hill would shine in New England too.

(03-16-2017, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: bengals also have obvious interest in drafting a RB this year as well...  Probly let hill finish out his rookie deal.  and see where gio is at..

We liked rex burkhead but lets not pretend we would have played him more had we brought him back.  We have been calling for more burkhead for 3 years lol

Now I cant say hes gonna shine in new England he will probly be the 3rd string RB on their DC and he is very similar to what they already have.. he will probly be an insurance policy incase one of the RBs get hurt or a WR. and play special teams.

He went into more than just Hill and Burkhead, but I found that nickname rather funny.....Two Yard Jeremy.... LMAO

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Either Rex is not all that or the coaching staff really underestimated him all this time. Part of me thinks he is going to break out in the Patriots' system, which will be great for him. I don't think he would have ever gotten the opportunity here.

This article basically says what most of us are thinking, "WTF"? The team seems to be headed in the wrong direction, and picking up steam in doing so.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:27 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: bengals also have obvious interest in drafting a RB this year as well...  Probly let hill finish out his rookie deal.  and see where gio is at..

I have a feeling we see burkhead in the slot a lot in NE. I bet he does very well there. I think hill is a decent running back, who refuses to accept his true identity. He wants to be a homerun hitter, but at the NFL level its just not his game.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:26 PM)magikod Wrote: Jeremy better get his shit together this year.

Yeah, both backs really struggled last year. Jeremy's ypc was only 3.8, Gio's was even worse at 3.7. 

Of course, the line has been a huge part of the run game problem as well. They rank in the 20's far too often in ypc.

Reply/Quote

Sexy Rexy is the highest paid RB on their Roster. He will be more than a 3rd String RB.
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:51 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Either Rex is not all that or the coaching staff really underestimated him all this time.  Part of me thinks he is going to break out in the Patriots' system, which will be great for him.  I don't think he would have ever gotten the opportunity here.

This article basically says what most of us are thinking, "WTF"?  The team seems to be headed in the wrong direction, and picking up steam in doing so.

From what it sounds like, Rex is a hard worker who wants a shot to be a bigger contributor. If he tries hard and does what he's told, he will do fine on the Pats. That's what makes them what they are. If a guy doesn't listen, even if he's good, they just put in a guy who does what he's told.
Reply/Quote
didn't Rex play almost the entire game against Ravens.

He would not have fumbled against the Steelers in playoff game

And the Pats would have no interest in Hill if he was available. None.

Rex is a better RB than Hill and could have been a featured back
Reply/Quote
Also yesterday, they lost Rex Burkhead, who will absolutely shine next fall in New England. They retain Two-Yard Jeremy, though.

Ooh.  Ooh.  This is a fun game.  Play make believe then pretend that it is real.  Can I play?

"98% of Bengal fans eat crow as Bengal O-line play keys offensive resurgence."

Ha Ha I really got you guys with that "zinger", didn't I.

Anyone else want to play?
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:34 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Sexy Rexy is the highest paid RB on their Roster. He will be more than a 3rd String RB.

Agreed but I will say that Belichick doesn't care who gets paid what though, or where they were drafted or whatnot. He will plug in the player that best fits their system, plays hard, makes minimal mistakes (which is huge in the Pats system), and who he thinks will produce the most going forward. I think Rex is a perfect fit for them. Whenever he got a chance here he always seemed to produce with the unfortunate little opportunities he got, because of the Bengals baffling loyalty to Hill it seemed. Once he starts producing for the Pats, his role will get bigger and bigger as the season progresses.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:42 PM)bengals67 Wrote: didn't Rex play almost the entire game against Ravens.

He would not have fumbled against the Steelers in playoff game

And the Pats would have no interest in Hill if he was available. None.

Rex is a better RB than Hill and could have been a featured back

The fumble that wasn't really a fumble     and it happened 2x in that game one for each rb and the TD that wasn't a Td for the steelers..

Well as far as hill goes...  Teams are working on trade deals in the draft for him
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:28 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Doc has been kind to the Bengals since 2011. Especially for a guy who ripped them non stop for so many years. Even when I've felt they've deserved it, Doc has been kind of soft on them. So I'm surprised he finally ripped into them. It's refreshing, honestly. Finally some honesty from the local media.

Agreed. This "process" doesn't look promising for us, and Doc is calling them out on it.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
"2 Yard Jeremy" might just be my next jersey.... Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 03:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: The fumble that wasn't really a fumble     and it happened 2x in that game one for each rb and the TD that wasn't a Td for the steelers..

Well as far as hill goes...  Teams are working on trade deals in the draft for him

??? Hill's fumble was clearly a fumble.

That said, I highly doubt any team is working on a trade deal for a RB who has averaged 3.6 and 3.8 yards per carry the last two years. It's too easy to find decent/good/great RBs in the later rounds to be wasting the picks on trading for unproductive RBs.

2016 RB, 5th round or later, 50+ carries, 4.0 YPC or higher:

DeAndre Washington- 87 carries, 467 yards (5.4 YPC)
Paul Perkins- 112 carries, 456 yards (4.1 YPC)
Jordan Howard- 252 carries, 1,313 yards (5.2 YPC)
Wendell Smallwood- 77 carries, 414 yards (4.1 YPC)
Rob Kelley- 168 carries, 704 yards (4.2 YPC)

That's just one year of rookies from the 5th round or later who were productive. Nobody is dedicating pre-draft time to work on a deal for Hill. Even less trading for him so they can have him for one year. He's not anyone's missing piece.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-16-2017, 02:22 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Not sure what the big deal is.

Rex is a 3rd down back.  Hill is on a rookie deal.  Hill is a different kind of back. Jermey Hill would shine in New England too.

Uh no. No he wouldn't. Hill has the vision of a fruit bat and hits the hole softer than a 75-year old who forgot to take his little blue pill.

Jeremy may be more "talented" and built as a running back, but Burkhead is smarter and more determined. Hill has gotten lazier and/or weaker since his rookie season.
Reply/Quote