Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Los Angeles is screwed
(01-05-2021, 12:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote:   Gascon's own, publicly available, special directive indicates he will not prosecute assaults on group home staff that stem from minor "reacting to trauma".  Of course this is nebulous as hell and the general feeling on the street is that you can attack staff and nothing will happen because, generally, that is true.

Then why didn't you post this information about "assaults" instead of the one that addressed "minor altercations".

Seems like another case of law enforcement disseminating false information "on the streets" in order to drive up crime.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, I guess the upshot is that more people will have to be murdered, raped, robbed and beaten.  Annual crime reports will have to show a rise in crime for several years (look for murders as the gauge btw, those can't be covered up or labeled as something lesser) before the populace at large, including this board, realize what everyone who actually works in the criminal justice system is already witnessing, that Gascon's soft on crime policies are resulting in a spike in crime and an aura of permissiveness for criminals.  It's a shame so many people will have to be victimized before this will finally be acknowledged.

Actually it won't take several years at all.  If there is a real "spike" in the crime rate it will be easy to prove within a year.

Of course since I believe crime rates were already on the rise it will have to show a true "spike" instead of just an increase.  And then we will have to try and figure out how much of that spike is due to the lies being told by law enforcement and prosecutors in their attempt to drive up the crime rate.
Reply/Quote
I have Fred on block because he's less honest than most criminals I deal with. I assume he's spouting a bunch of lies about how I'm making things up. One need only read the actual release from the DA himself to see I'm telling the truth and Fred is, per usual, being dishonest.

https://da.lacounty.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/SPECIAL-DIRECTIVE-20-09.pdf

Crimes involving property damage or minor altercations with group home
(STRTP) staff, foster parents, and/or other youth shall not be charged when
the youth’s behaviors can reasonably be related to the child’s mental health or
trauma history.

Of course "minor altercations" is subjective. It certainly doesn't cover murder, but a juvenile could absolutely believe that assaulting a staff member won't be punished. Why would they believe this, because the PD's tell them this and the DA won't file assault misdemeanor charges against them.

Youth accused of misdemeanors will not be prosecuted.

Yup, no charges for shoplifting, battery, vandalism criminal threats no matter how many times. If necessary they will send you to a diversion program. Oh my, that'll have them shaking in their boots!

Like I said in the original post, I will not be affected by this. I will continue to do my job properly, with justice, fairness and the law as written as my guides. I don't live in LA County any longer, I won't be subject to this insane man's "progressive vision". I am sickened by the thought that innocent people will suffer due to this person's insane policies, but I have no skin in the game as it were. Fred devoted his life to helping criminals go free, is it any wonder he would approve of a DA who aides that cause?

Like I said, hopefully the pushback continues to grow stronger before this guy does too much damage. Only the law abiding citizens of Los Angeles County have anything to lose. But like I said, don't take my word for it, and certainly don't take the word of the the board prevaricator, simply read this guy's own special directives, they'll tell you all you need to know from his own mouth.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Youth accused of misdemeanors will not be prosecuted.

Yup, no charges for shoplifting, battery, vandalism criminal threats no matter how many times.  If necessary they will send you to a diversion program.  Oh my, that'll have them shaking in their boots!

Battery is a felony.

And there will be charges.  Stop lying about this.  You can't be placed in a diversion program unless you are charged with a crime.

And finally, the goal of any juvenile justice system is not to make children "shake in their boots".  The goal is to keep them from committing crimes in the future.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 05:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Of course "minor altercations" is subjective.  It certainly doesn't cover murder, but a juvenile could absolutely believe that assaulting a staff member won't be punished.  Why would they believe this, because the PD's tell them this and the DA won't file assault misdemeanor charges against them.

It is not the PDs.  It is law enforcement officers and prosecutors. 

For example.  .  .  

(01-05-2021, 05:54 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Crimes involving property damage or minor altercations with group home
(STRTP) staff, foster parents, and/or other youth shall not be charged when
the youth’s behaviors can reasonably be related to the child’s mental health or
trauma history.

You completely ignore the bolded language when you keep repeating the lie that a juvenile can not be charged for assaulting a group home staff member.  The fact is that they can be charged.  But that does not fitn the fear inducing narrative that law enforcement is trying so hard to push in order to subvert the will of the electorate.
Reply/Quote
Poster says another poster as "no integrity".  Other poster shows where he wasn't lying.  First poster blocks second poster for being "less honest" than criminals.

Where is the moral bastion and hero of the boards when we need him?!?!

Did the Trump loss so demoralize some that they have forsaken their quest to white knight for the new board?

Confused? You won't be as all these questions and more will be answered on the next episode of "As the PnR Board Turns".

Ninja

On topic if the guy won an election saying what he would do why are people up in arms?  Just give him a chance to do things his way since the old ways obviously didn't stop all the crime anyway.  Maybe let him grow into the position?  Worse case scenario there's another election in a few years and that's really the best way to deal with politicians we don't agree with.

Ninja (sort of)
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Poster says another poster as "no integrity".  Other poster shows where he wasn't lying.  First poster blocks second poster for being "less honest" than criminals.

Except he was lying.  I'm shocked you're defending him though, truly.

Quote:Where is the moral bastion and hero of the boards when we need him?!?!

Did the Trump loss so demoralize some that they have forsaken their quest to white knight for the new board?

Confused? You won't be as all these questions and more will be answered on the next episode of "As the PnR Board Turns".

Ninja

Quite sincerely, you're attempts to be amusing about such a serious topic come off as pathetic and grasping.  

Quote:On topic if the guy won an election saying what he would do why are people up in arms?  Just give him a chance to do things his way since the old ways obviously didn't stop all the crime anyway.  Maybe let him grow into the position?  Worse case scenario there's another election in a few years and that's really the best way to deal with politicians we don't agree with.

Ninja (sort of)

Here you have a ghost of a point.  However, I think a lot of people drank the anti Jackie Lacey Kool Aid peddled by the local BLM leaders.  That coupled with the "muh social justice" trend that is sweeping the deep blue states really spelled her doom.  I really do hope people wake up to the bill of goods they were sold, because the outcome thus far has been really unpleasant.  I get that you're highly partisan, but I think even you would be swayed if you had any first hand knowledge of what is going on in real life because of this man.  I do find it disturbing that you can be so glib about people being victimized in the name of your ideology.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 12:01 AM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Except he was lying.  I'm shocked you're defending him though, truly.

Except I was not lying.

You said you never used the word ignore and I proved you were lying just by calling you a liar.

No wait, instead of just calling you a liar I actually posted the direct quote that proved you were lying.  I guess that type of thing sounds silly to someone who is used to proving his point just by saying it is true.  But that is just the way I roll.

LMAO
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 11:16 PM)GMDino Wrote: Poster says another poster as "no integrity".  Other poster shows where he wasn't lying.  First poster blocks second poster for being "less honest" than criminals.

Where is the moral bastion and hero of the boards when we need him?!?!

Ninja

On topic if the guy won an election saying what he would do why are people up in arms?  Just give him a chance to do things his way since the old ways obviously didn't stop all the crime anyway.  Maybe let him grow into the position?  Worse case scenario there's another election in a few years and that's really the best way to deal with politicians we don't agree with.

Ninja (sort of)

This would be my approach to it. Very little of what is written itself is all that alarming, it all depends on how it is applied. The chicken little sky is falling routine seems to be a more emotional response rather than rational. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 01:18 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: This would be my approach to it. Very little of what is written itself is all that alarming, it all depends on how it is applied. The chicken little sky is falling routine seems to be a more emotional response rather than rational. 

Unfortunately you say that because you have no working knowledge of what these changes actually mean.  When Gascon left San Francisco after his term as DA they had the highest property crime rate in the entire nation.  To really understand why that's so incredible you'd have to know that San Francisco is essentially nothing but wealthy people.  There are very few areas with anything close to affordable housing.  Since the vast majority of property crime is committed by people on the lower end of the economic strata they fact that they could have such a high property crime rate is indicative of the free reign this guy gives to criminal activity that he doesn't consider important enough to enforce.  They have a sizeable homeless population, which is also caused by misguided far left policies, but that's not even close to enough to explain this aberration.

Also as I stated earlier, the true effects of this person's policies won't be readily apparent until after several years, several years in which thousands, if not tens of thousands, of people will be victimized by a criminal populace who feel they've been given free reign.  I know this because I've heard them say it, repeatedly.  I have to stress this because it's, typically, been made about me, personally, not liking this guy.  While I certainly do not like him this garbage person will not affect my life one bit.  I'll still do my job the way I always have.  I don't live in Los Angeles anymore, intentionally, so I won't be subject to the vagaries and whims of this person's approach to their job.  I just abhor the amount of suffering he's going to cause before just how disastrous his policies really are becomes apparent to the average citizen.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Also as I stated earlier, the true effects of this person's policies won't be readily apparent until after several years

Why will it take several years when you claim to have already seen the results, i.e. a"spike" in crime rate, in less than a month?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Unfortunately you say that because you have no working knowledge of what these changes actually mean.  When Gascon left San Francisco after his term as DA they had the highest property crime rate in the entire nation.  To really understand why that's so incredible you'd have to know that San Francisco is essentially nothing but wealthy people.  There are very few areas with anything close to affordable housing.  Since the vast majority of property crime is committed by people on the lower end of the economic strata they fact that they could have such a high property crime rate is indicative of the free reign this guy gives to criminal activity that he doesn't consider important enough to enforce.  They have a sizeable homeless population, which is also caused by misguided far left policies, but that's not even close to enough to explain this aberration.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-10-17/some-san-franciscans-question-george-gascons-legacy-as-the-godfather-of-progressive-prosecutors

Quote:Gascón insists that frustrations with him in San Francisco largely stem from resistance to his reform initiatives. Residents, he said, were poisoned against him by police unfairly blaming Proposition 47 — the landmark ballot initiative he co-authored that reduced several felony crimes to misdemeanors in California — for the city’s struggles with auto burglaries, homelessness and drug use.

“It’s very, very hard when a community is being bombarded every day by Officer Friendly telling them the reason we have a homeless person on the corner … is because of Prop. 47,” he said. “It’s a very powerful PR machine that is relentless.”

San Francisco’s property crime rate jumped 37% during Gascón’s tenure, driven largely by record numbers of car break-ins. In 2017, the city reported more than 31,000 auto burglaries, the worst year on record, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

A 2018 Public Policy Institute of California report found a link between the passage of Proposition 47 and increases in property crime and larceny. But one of the authors of that report, Magnus Lofstrom, cautioned against blaming all of San Francisco’s ills on Gascón’s signature policy initiative. The city’s population rose significantly during Gascón’s tenure, and increased tourism and wealth could have created more opportunity for auto burglars, Lofstrom said. Additionally, San Francisco police rarely, if ever, arrested suspects in car break-ins as they surged, the Chronicle reported.

(bold mine)

So it mostly car break ins, still bad but not something that living in a wealthy area will limit as thieves will go, wait for it....where the wealth is to steal.  And if the SF police weren't arresting people then I guess someone needs to look at why they weren't.

Here's a link to that Chronicle article:

https://projects.sfchronicle.com/2018/sf-car-breakins/
Quote:Despite near-constant reports of car break-ins last year, San Francisco police rarely arrested suspects. There were arrests made in just 550 cases — or less than 2%.

Quote:Parts of San Francisco popular with tourists were hit hardest, including Japantown, Civic Center, the famously curvy stretch of Lombard Street, and the Fisherman’s Wharf/Pier 39 area.

There's a lot more there but simply blaming one man for it seems a bit of hyperbole.

In fact many of the people trying to help the homeless there ALSO don't like some of the work he did because they didn't think it went far enough.

But I realize you are not from there and are only going off your sources so I thought I 'd provide some others.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 02:27 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: f people will be victimized by a criminal populace who feel they've been given free reign.  I know this because I've heard them say it, repeatedly

Where have you heard them say this?

At first you claimed the PD were telling them this.

Then you claimed they could just believe it because they are confused.

Now you claim you actually heard them say it.

The only people I have heard say this are police and prosecutors.  They keep repeating this claim in order to put people in fear and encourage criminals to drive up the crime rate.  Are you sure you have not confused law enforcement/prosecutors with the juveniles/criminals?
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-10-17/some-san-franciscans-question-george-gascons-legacy-as-the-godfather-of-progressive-prosecutors

(bold mine)

So it mostly car break ins, still bad but not something that living in a wealthy area will limit as thieves will go, wait for it....where the wealth is to steal.  And if the SF police weren't arresting people then I guess someone needs to look at why they weren't.

Even your own link heaps a large portion of the blame on Gascon.  Also, these "mitigating" factors don't explain why they had the highest property crime rate in the entire nation.  There are plenty of very wealthy areas in the country, why did San Francisco have the highest rate?  It didn't before he took office but did when he left.  This doesn't appear to be a coincidence.  I'll add that the police didn't make a lot of arrests on these because it's a virtually impossible crime to solve unless you have a witness who quickly calls police.  Most auto burgs are smash and grabs, or someone leaving their door unlocked, so very little, if any physical evidence is left, e.g. fingerprints.

Quote:Here's a link to that Chronicle article:

https://projects.sfchronicle.com/2018/sf-car-breakins/

I appreciate the source.

Quote:There's a lot more there but simply blaming one man for it seems a bit of hyperbole.

On this I completely disagree.  The DA of a county has an enormous amount of influence.  If they suddenly give virtual impunity to minor property crimes then you will see a surge in those crimes.  This is only common sense.  You've spent the last four years lambasting Trump, both fairly and unfairly, so saying you can't rest a large share of the blame for problems on one person is an inconsistent position on your part.  One person can absolutely be largely responsible for a problem, depending on the position they hold.  Is Jeff Bezos responsible for the low wages of his workers?  He's only one man after all.

Quote:In fact many of the people trying to help the homeless there ALSO don't like some of the work he did because they didn't think it went far enough.

Heh, that's San Francisco for you.  Many of the people there are so far left leaning you'd be Ted Cruz in comparison.

Quote:But I realize you are not from there and are only going off your sources so I thought I 'd provide some others.

Well, I was actually born there, my sister lived there for years and I still have friends who live there.  To a person they were relieved to see Gascon go.  Of course now they have a guy whos parents were domestic terrorists, so he's not any better.  One wonders how many times you have to burn yourself on a hot stove to realize you should stop touching it.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:35 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Even your own link heaps a large portion of the blame on Gascon.  Also, these "mitigating" factors don't explain why they had the highest property crime rate in the entire nation.  There are plenty of very wealthy areas in the country, why did San Francisco have the highest rate?  It didn't before he took office but did when he left.  This doesn't appear to be a coincidence.  I'll add that the police didn't make a lot of arrests on these because it's a virtually impossible crime to solve unless you have a witness who quickly calls police.  Most auto burgs are smash and grabs, or someone leaving their door unlocked, so very little, if any physical evidence is left, e.g. fingerprints.

I appreciate the source.

On this I completely disagree.  The DA of a county has an enormous amount of influence.  If they suddenly give virtual impunity to minor property crimes then you will see a surge in those crimes.  This is only common sense.  You've spent the last four years lambasting Trump, both fairly and unfairly, so saying you can't rest a large share of the blame for problems on one person is an inconsistent position on your part.  One person can absolutely be largely responsible for a problem, depending on the position they hold.  Is Jeff Bezos responsible for the low wages of his workers?  He's only one man after all.

Heh, that's San Francisco for you.  Many of the people there are so far left leaning you'd be Ted Cruz in comparison.

Well, I was actually born there, my sister lived there for years and I still have friends who live there.  To a person they were relieved to see Gascon go.  Of course now they have a guy whos parents were domestic terrorists, so he's not any better.  One wonders how many times you have to burn yourself on a hot stove to realize you should stop touching it.

That's all well and good but your claim that is that it is all his fault and that LA will be equally "screwed" because of him and him alone.

There are other factors to consider.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2021, 03:45 PM)GMDino Wrote: That's all well and good but your claim that is that it is all his fault and that LA will be equally "screwed" because of him and him alone.

There are other factors to consider.

I do think it's all his fault at least ~95%), for reasons already stated.  Also, as I've already stated, Los Angeles County has over ten times the population of San Francisco County.  We also have the largest number of gang members in the country.  This soft on crime approach is a recipe for disaster, especially as crime has been steadily decreasing the past ~30 years.  Why the need for these sweeping changes when crime is consistently on the decline?  As stated, it will take several years of a rising rate before anyone even thinks to blame Gascon.  They'll blame the pandemic first, then "resistance" from law enforcement and the courts, they'll blame racism the entire time.  They won't blame him until they've exhausted everything else.  As I've said, it really bothers me that people will be victimized who otherwise wouldn't because of this guy's ideological crusade.
Reply/Quote
Shootings in South LA are up 234% in 2021 over the same time last year. Homicides are up 150% and the number of people shot are up 742%. I'm sure all of this is just a coincidence, or part of the pandemic. Nothing at all to do with a soft on crime DA.

https://twitter.com/LAPDHQ/status/1351042822061907977
Reply/Quote